Teleports and Game Mechanics

During the last event I had someone Teleport onto my Homebase and laid down so many attacks it crashed my reports section, he thinks it was "probably around 100" attacks.

The reason offered for the sustained attacks was that its the ONLY way to get near the top for the battle event rewards (i.e. Teleport onto Home bases and destroy everything).

Approx 40k units destroyed, effectively left me out of the current event and likely the next battle event as well (Not everyone has the big bases or is in a high profile alliance, MOST players take a fair amount of time to build armies).

It isn't the first time this has happened, previous occasions have had up to three teleporters operating at once, an impossible situation (outside of bubbling) to compete against with the current game setup.

Now I have a major issue with Teleports as it is, to me, they are one of the worst aspects of the game because they cannot be defended against due to your (THAT IS YOU GREE) poorly performing server/update/refresh whatever you want to call it rate.

As if it isn't bad enough only having 60's trying to defend against 90's, you bias the game mechanics so badly that I cannot even attack back.

Because you allow someone to nestle a Teleport up against another base you effectively make them "invulnerable" as the opponent is prevented from launching return attacks. Whenever you try you get an error message as YOUR unit stats are not updated to reflect the post damage stats caused by the attacker which the system has yet to update.

You cannot move troops away to save them, you cannot attack back...the proverbial "sitting duck".

SOLUTIONS:

1. Teleports can only attack OUTSIDE of a specified radius:

(eg 2 minutes transit time) or whatever time is required for the system to play catch-up and allow the defender to at least attack back. The delay is often so bad that I get reports of being hit yet when I try to go to the attacking base there is NOTHING there as the game has yet to catch up to the fact I have a Teleport sitting on my front doorstep.

2. If a Teleport has an attack launched against it, IT CANNOT BE MOVED.

On the one occasion when I was able to attack back, they ran, I got a "null return" error and my commanders effectively became "ghosts" and were unusable except for absorbing or dismissing.

Admittedly that was some time ago so this particular issue MAY have been corrected now, however it still reflects a fundamental problem with the one sided nature of Teleports under the current setup..

3. Limit the attacks that can be made by one player on another within a certain time-frame.

If (as happened) your reports system crashes because of the rate\amount of attacks made against my HB, that's a pretty clear indication that they are operating at a rate that YOUR servers are incapable of coping with.

Using Solution 1 above would likely remedy this issue to a point but do you REALLY think it is a good idea to permit one player to obliterate another from an event?

There are limits placed in your other games, why not this one?

4. Alternatively GREE, you can do nothing and the next time it happens I figure I'll just bin the game altogether (as MANY others have already done looking at the wide open spaces in the game) as it seems a pointless exercise to build an army only to have it destroyed because of poor game design.

these idiots are the reason servers die, best way is to remove them from the game, they have 90's because they spend silly money has a knockon effbuying teleports, I had one teleport on me on another server, I hit back, it had gone.
    either restrict them or remove them, it is pathetic how biased to coiners this game is, these FEW are the ones making players quit.

This topic has been discussed at length and all of the suggestions made have been made multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by phalanx1337 View Post
    these idiots are the reason servers die, best way is to remove them from the game, they have 90's because they spend silly money has a knockon effbuying teleports, I had one teleport on me on another server, I hit back, it had gone.
    either restrict them or remove them, it is pathetic how biased to coiners this game is, these FEW are the ones making players quit.
    It's a business. Not a charity. The GREE coffers are paid in by coiners so obviously a business model that favors those that fill these coffers is reasonable. If they did not, how long do you think non-profitable businesses stay in business?

it is a business? so what? there are plenty of other games out there that are a "business" that dont allow suckh unbalances.
    guess what, new players get smashed, and leave, players get fed up of being smashed, and leave, people who would spend money because the game is fair, dont because it isn't. coiners got nothing to hit - leave

no players - no money
    and the suggestions? nothing has been done about it, there should be a disadvantage to teleporting, there isn't, so the subject won't go away.

and all those morons wasting money on a stupid number teleports it is cheaper to buy the rewards fr winning then doing that.

Players continue to play, players continue to buy egregious amounts of teleports. It's a business. If folks still spend money on ports they will still have them and keep them the way they are.

Remember when folks stop spending money on build events because you can time them? They raised the UV required to finish them...that means more gold spent on speed ups. Realize...GREE doesn't care. As long as it's a profitable game they don't care. When it isn't profitable, you know like Modern Warfare, they will make another one that profits for them.

I almost never port, not a fan of porting but have zero sympathy when a player gets pummeled for the pure fact that there own choices have made them a target of opportunity.

The single easiest way to avoid getting ported on is to not stack ridiculous amounts of uv in a base period. If you have more units then you can move in however many waves your cc can handle your just putting a big old target on yourself

If your moving you cant be killed. Too many people forget that there is actual strategy involved in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Q Raider View Post
    SOLUTIONS:

1. Teleports can only attack OUTSIDE of a specified radius:

(eg 2 minutes transit time) or whatever time is required for the system to play catch-up and allow the defender to at least attack back. The delay is often so bad that I get reports of being hit yet when I try to go to the attacking base there is NOTHING there as the game has yet to catch up to the fact I have a Teleport sitting on my front doorstep.

2. If a Teleport has an attack launched against it, IT CANNOT BE MOVED.

On the one occasion when I was able to attack back, they ran, I got a "null return" error and my commanders effectively became "ghosts" and were unusable except for absorbing or dismissing.

Admittedly that was some time ago so this particular issue MAY have been corrected now, however it still reflects a fundamental problem with the one sided nature of Teleports under the current setup..

3. Limit the attacks that can be made by one player on another within a certain time-frame.

If (as happened) your reports system crashes because of the rate\amount of attacks made against my HB, that's a pretty clear indication that they are operating at a rate that YOUR servers are incapable of coping with.

Using Solution 1 above would likely remedy this issue to a point but do you REALLY think it is a good idea to permit one player to obliterate another from an event?

There are limits placed in your other games, why not this one?

4. Alternatively GREE, you can do nothing and the next time it happens I figure I'll just bin the game altogether (as MANY others have already done looking at the wide open spaces in the game) as it seems a pointless exercise to build an army only to have it destroyed because of poor game design.
    What he is suggesting is not the removal of teleports just a system to stop a game glitch which is the correct reaction. No knee jerk reaction of banning teleports.

Mad Hatter is correct avoiding making your self a target is the best solution and as he said traveling units can not be hit,
    But if you were online and a game glitch stopped you sending units out to protect them, that is wrong, and needs looking at by Gree.

Teleports are here to stay, gree just needs to see why the game glitched because of the rapid attacks and stop it trapping a players units.
    The limits causing the problem are not really connected to the teleport just the way the game allows rapid attacks, resulting in the lag and the problem. Patch away Gree....