Do you want old LE buildings re-released as money buildings?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do you want Gree to rerelease old LE buildings?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

101 46.33%
  • Yes, but only at the original price.

74 33.94%
  • Yes, and I'd pay more than the original price to get them

40 18.35%
  • Yes, and I'd even pay gold to get them

13 5.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want old LE buildings re-released as money buildings?

Post Count

Do you want old LE buildings re-released as money buildings?

Would you support Gree re releasing old LE buildings as money buildings, with no unit rewards for upgrading.
    -
    Given most no votes will be from those that already have them and want to keep their advantage over the have-nots, will be interesting to see what the end result is amongst those that do want them.
    -
    also, all those no's that don't have them will buy them should they come out - go on, you know you will.
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 06-15-2014 at 11:45 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    A poll for this wont work because of bias. The players who have them dont want anyone else to get them and you have people that want to protect their own interest. I opt for them to be released at their original price because players who dont have them dont have IPHs to support them and good raid targets are pretty much at 0.

Post Count
    Bias aside, it'll still be interesting for the mods to see what people think. I assumed all no votes would be from those that want to protect their fortuitous monopoly. I'm more interested in seeing how far people on the yes side would go to get them
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    i don't have all the buildings, i voted no and think its a terrible idea

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Bias aside, it'll still be interesting for the mods to see what people think. I assumed all no votes would be from those that want to protect their fortuitous monopoly. I'm more interested in seeing how far people on the yes side would go to get them
    New players have the advantage to know Gree will screw you with high XP, older players did not know that. If one of the few perks was old LE (LIMITED EDITION, its 'LE' for a reason...) than it should be left as such.

What old players had to do to get these LE, is nothing what players have to face to get an LE now.

Back then vault was $10 mil and IPH was 10 times less than what someone could get now with all the bonuses Gree has handed out. So if they make the new LE $20 billion I can live with it, it will show the new players what we old timers had to go through just to be able to build it let alone upgrade it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    No vote from me aswell,

Player since 7 months, my firts LE is Chili FDF.
    Respect the old dogs of war!!!
    Can't find enough targets to raid? Be more active, cash is out there!!!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's been said time and time again. They were "Limited time" buildings. I'm all for bringing some awesome "NEW" buildings in. If you bring back old ones then the current players that have them can't build them. If you bring in new buildings with comparable payout and cost everybody wins.
    Space Monkeys United (SMU)

Bangkok - 99 (Boom! LOL)
    Argentia - 102 (heart breaking help us get over the hump!)
    Zimbabwe - 129
    Peru - 136
    Indonesia - 161
    Jakarta - 199
    Front Line - (Is terrible)
    30K WD points min and 200M+ Stats

Consistent Contributor solo.modernwar's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mwfighter View Post
    New players have the advantage to know Gree will screw you with high XP, older players did not know that. If one of the few perks was old LE (LIMITED EDITION, its 'LE' for a reason...) than it should be left as such.

What old players had to do to get these LE, is nothing what players have to face to get an LE now.

Back then vault was $10 mil and IPH was 10 times less than what someone could get now with all the bonuses Gree has handed out. So if they make the new LE $20 billion I can live with it, it will show the new players what we old timers had to go through just to be able to build it let alone upgrade it.

I agree with this sentiment, and over 17 months ago, it was a hit and miss strategy for some players to get those LE buildings. A thread I still remember is the one from Ferr whose level 10 Anniversary Centers were "nerfing" all of his other max level buildings. Back then, that was an interesting read because very, very few could achieve that.

I voted "No" even though I don't have a single Anniversary Center or any Hacienda Villas... heck, I'd love to get one more AMR, but that's the intended nature of Limited Edition and believe me, I struggled for 10+ days just to get that one AMR, and it didn't get upgraded for ages. Man, I'm such a loser... but I digress. My personal preference is for newer LE buildings - and I don't mean the 7 hr to 18 hr type, if you know what I mean.

Post Count
    No, actually everyone doesn't win. Those with the old buildings still have a huge iph advantage. And with iph now more important because of growlers etc, that's also a huge tactical advantage. Why should they have all the fun merely because they happened to be in the game when such great buildings were released, never to be seen again? Just because you've been around longer doesn't necessarily translate into more invested in the game you know - either in effort or dollars.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No, actually everyone doesn't win. Those with the old buildings still have a huge iph advantage. And with iph now more important because of growlers etc, that's also a huge tactical advantage. Why should they have all the fun merely because they happened to be in the game when such great buildings were released, never to be seen again? Just because you've been around longer doesn't necessarily translate into more invested in the game you know - either in effort or dollars.
    If you had them and knew from experience what it took to get them I'm pretty sure you'd have a different outlook on it. (Even though you will probably say it wouldn't matter)

Limited means exactly that. I didn't buy vaults of cash to get them but I did endlessly raid and attack people for weeks to gather enough cash to get them. 100 million back then is about the equivalent of 20 billion today. All the while I was also being attacked and raided myself. The targets for cash raids are a lot higher today given all of the ltb's out there now. Try doing it raiding hitting mostly level 10 supply depots.

You really have no clue what it took and quite honestly I find it kind or disrespectful that you think it took hardly any effort.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    The word "Limited" should be honored.

If you want better Cash output buildings - then make that your request to Gree

this current one we have pays out like 50+ million at level 10 - so focus on what's available and you can get a better IPH.

Even some if the regular buildings can pay several million at level 10 - like the a Space Center / Nano / Oil Rig

HERE's the bottom line:
    If you still have a level 1 Nano
    If you still have a level 1 Oil Rig
    If you still have a level 1 Space Station . . . Then you shouldn't complain about old LTB's you didn't get because you obviously aren't trying to do the tough / patient work to build your IPH - you just want a "get rich quick" "I don't wanna wait mommy - I want it NOW" work ethic

if it was easy - everyone would do it. I wasn't able to get the Arctic Miners myself - I didn't work hard enough to earn them - I wish I had them because they are so tall - the output is good - but I didn't commit to getting them during the LIMITED TIME they were offered - so now I can just be motivated to never missing at least building a level one (2 of them) of each LTB when they come out in the hopes I can upgrade them more in the future.
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Post Count
    I don't disrespect those that fought long and hard to get them. But what of those that just ponied up the cash to buy them? And there are those where that's all they did, we all know it. Why can't I just do the same now as they did then?

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I don't disrespect those that fought long and hard to get them. But what of those that just ponied up the cash to buy them? And there are those where that's all they did, we all know it. Why can't I just do the same now as they did then?
    You can! buy the new LE's with real cash.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajk View Post
    If you had them and knew from experience what it took to get them I'm pretty sure you'd have a different outlook on it. (Even though you will probably say it wouldn't matter)

Limited means exactly that. I didn't buy vaults of cash to get them but I did endlessly raid and attack people for weeks to gather enough cash to get them. 100 million back then is about the equivalent of 20 billion today. All the while I was also being attacked and raided myself. The targets for cash raids are a lot higher today given all of the ltb's out there now. Try doing it raiding hitting mostly level 10 supply depots.

You really have no clue what it took and quite honestly I find it kind or disrespectful that you think it took hardly any effort.
    I had 2 of the AC buildings. Took a long time to get them both but I lot them. Dont have them anymore but there were not that hard to get. Money was easy to come buy and with decent level buildings, it was easy. Everyone should have been able to get 1.

Consistent Contributor solo.modernwar's Avatar
    Post Count
    McDoc, I remember that time and I recall you were putting near 100% of your income to the faction (we wanted to max out our faction defense before Greenland and we had a task master of a leader at the time lol... just kidding, we love ya, Thief!).

Also it should be noted that back then, we could hit players TWENTY times max, not the ten times that we have today... so we were hitting and being hit for $6 million per session and it wasn't unusual to lose $18 million in a 24 hour period. Coupled with looking for level 3 Oil Rigs or a rare level 7 Ore Mine, saving upwards of $100M cash was a tough thing to do!