Losing Growlers, gggggggrrrrrreeeeee

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing Growlers, gggggggrrrrrreeeeee

Consistent Contributor ScrewThis's Avatar
    Post Count

Losing Growlers, gggggggrrrrrreeeeee

What is the bloody point of raiding when, as attacker, even with double the attack stats than my opponent's defence stats, I keep losing growler after growler after growler?

There was a time when attacking someone with significantly lower stats meant you didn't lose anything. Why and when did you change this Gree? Do you want us not to raid and attack - in a war game?

And while I'm venting, how the hell, Gree, is a growler a low casualty unit since that's the only thing I ever seem to lose?

I'm not holding my breath for an answer mind you. It is war weekend so I guess everyone over at Gree is taking a long weekend.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrewThis View Post
    What is the bloody point of raiding when, as attacker, even with double the attack stats than my opponent's defence stats, I keep losing growler after growler after growler?

There was a time when attacking someone with significantly lower stats meant you didn't lose anything. Why and when did you change this Gree? Do you want us not to raid and attack - in a war game?

And while I'm venting, how the hell, Gree, is a growler a low casualty unit since that's the only thing I ever seem to lose?

I'm not holding my breath for an answer mind you. It is war weekend so I guess everyone over at Gree is taking a long weekend.
    thats gree wants you to buy cash to replace your growlers. thats the reason they have these high stat cash units

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Hmm, and I just started stockpiling growlers. I don't do much pvp, but if this is really the case for everyone, I'll be super pissed. $15M a piece isn't cheap, even with a high IPH.
    Are you in a small faction trying to grow and buy bonuses? Send me a private message, I'm willing to help out. 270M IPH.

Post Count
    We don't need Full Frontal or whatever it was called - where you sacrifice your units. Attacking players and raiding in particular is ATROCIOUS on the growler population. Well, like my name says.... Screw This.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Why should you not lose units? That makes no sense at all... Just because you have higher stats doesn't make you immune to losses and if you have enough big units these will be the most likely units to lose. It's a none issue...

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Wait until your faction gets conveniently paired up against SUP. You might as well kiss them all goodbye

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrewThis View Post
    Even before gold / indestructible units replaced all the prior cash and valor units that were destructible, you would lose 1-3 units to players 1/4 your size....

a upon a time, in this funzio game i would attack players with defense of around 10-25k with my 55k attack and would lose 1-3 of those pricey $1 million dollar B-52 planes with 36att or i forget the plane that cost 350 valor at the time.....

anyways, i think the casualty rate has reverted back to those times as we now have more cash and destructible units in our armies that make it to battle....seems fair, casualties are a part of war....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I haven't noticed any losses that bad. I have 2500+ growlers and I'll probably only lose 3-5 over the course of this WD event. I seem to lose them far more often when I get raided/attacked.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The w/l algorithm is completely different from the units lost /won algorithm . They have nothing to do with each other .

Post Count
    I've been very lucky with casualties. I only lose growlers if I lose a fight (attacking and defending), or the stats are almost identical. Other than that, I never lose growlers and I have about 2500 going into battle. Most of the old timers remember when some players lost none, or very few units as compared to others. Who knows, some people may still have it...
    Llp 755-110-608 add me I need allies.

170m attack
    253m defense
    52m/hr income
    Lvl 252
    Free army 460 allies

Post Count
    They are destructibles! You get them for ingame cash. Its a good thing they die imho.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think with the value of cash units being much higher then it was by at least double the price we should see an increase in the amount of cash taken from an attack. 300K is just to paltry a sum to get when you are risking 15 million dollar units. Perhaps raise it by a factor of 10-20?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Auspex View Post
    I think with the value of cash units being much higher then it was by at least double the price we should see an increase in the amount of cash taken from an attack. 300K is just to paltry a sum to get when you are risking 15 million dollar units. Perhaps raise it by a factor of 10-20?
    That will put the fear of god into people going overvault....

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    With an IPH of anything over 5 million being overvault and being raided is just normal. 12 hits @ 300k then you're locked out for some (seems pretty random) period of time by then you've recovered the loss + or will at the next collection time. There is little real risk to being overvault there is huge risk to not collecting buildings that are paying out way more and are far easier to hit. maybe 10-20 times is a bit much but I don't think in a war game losing 14 million $ units to collect 300k is reasonable. With vault going up as much as it has let's see a reason to attack come back to the game. I don't mind losing cash units but for 300k...

Post Count
    In response to everyone here bleating on about them being destructible units..... Duh! I wasn't complaining about that. I was saying the loss rate on these things is INCREDIBLY high. Low casualty unit my big behind! I seem to lose one roughly every two hits when I raid. Despite my infirmary being maxed and my attack being 1 billion+ to the defender's 300k defence.

So for me there is no point raiding anymore because my return on investment sucks. I can afford not to raid, my IPH is nearing 50m, but Gree just took some of the last remaining fun out of this game for me.