Should Hacked IP Be Deducted From A Teams Total?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should Hacked IP Be Deducted From A Teams Total?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

120 81.08%
  • No

28 18.92%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Hacked IP Be Deducted From A Teams Total?

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Should Hacked IP Be Deducted From A Teams Total?

Please vote accordingly

Thanks again for your vote. Please post comments here but no slandering, keep it clean.

*Silent Assassins are Recruiting*
    SAS1: 500k+T1+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASII: 275k+T3&4+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASIII: 125K+T10+Wins
    SAS4: T50

We have a spot for almost every type of player out there

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    100% yes! I believe gree has before and also do on ka.

Post Count
    They've already done it in cc with that hacker who was DL, they removed all his ip. They've also already done that with KA in this last warr.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    100 percent agree all hacked ip should be immediately removed from team total...not doing encourages others to do it without fear of repercussions

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    There's no reason for them not to. Any hacker on any team should just be totally eliminated as if he wasn't even playing, like GREE did with the hacker on KA. And no you cannot say it's two different situations because people lost money on both situations as well as GREE losing money to hacking. If GREE will make this right they will do one of two things. Award SAS with the proper crowing of number one, or give them their money back that they spent in the last two battles trying to keep up with a hacker.

Post Count
    This should have been a public poll lol

I wonder who the 2 hackers were that voted no, lmao
    Buy more gold

Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This seems like a very easy question with a very logical answer: of course hacked IP should be removed from syndicate total. Any other response from GREE would be tantamount to collusion of the developer with a syndicate to defraud the player base.

Post Count
    I'm assuming this is about the 1mil IP in last 4 minutes SAS players keep talking about? Yes obviously they should but in the case of the 1mil+ hacked ip I can't see Gree doing anything more than maybe giving all of SAS the +2 regen prize for compensation. I doubt they would take away a prize this long after the event is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy_P_Martini View Post
    Monte told me to shut up once. I too was gonna call the FBI. But he was right.

Post Count
    Actually, that hacker put up over 5 mil ip during that war.

But anyways, the question is what SHOULD be done. ie, what is the ethical thing to do, given what GREE has done in the past with hackers in cc (that hacker DL), and KA
    Buy more gold

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I heard this hacker was from SAS, but after he left SAS for TAW the officers in SAS finally willing to disclose everything. Y didnt you guys send ticket to Gree when he was in SAS?
    Anyway, tbh I think this is a tough situation. We cant assume SAS would be No.1 if this player didnt exist. TAW might recruite another guy to score this much. Even this is not the case, other players in TAW might score more than they actually did. I can understand how frustrated SAS players are. But it is what it is. Beat TAW next time.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Yes hacked IP should be removed.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by llpbrace@gmail.com View Post
    I heard this hacker was from SAS, but after he left SAS for TAW the officers in SAS finally willing to disclose everything. Y didnt you guys send ticket to Gree when he was in SAS?
    Anyway, tbh I think this is a tough situation. We cant assume SAS would be No.1 if this player didnt exist. TAW might recruite another guy to score this much. Even this is not the case, other players in TAW might score more than they actually did. I can understand how frustrated SAS players are. But it is what it is. Beat TAW next time.

He was BOOTED from SAS.
    TAW was warned and GREE was contacted
    Please keep the discussion to general terms

Should hacked IP be removed ?

*Silent Assassins are Recruiting*
    SAS1: 500k+T1+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASII: 275k+T3&4+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASIII: 125K+T10+Wins
    SAS4: T50

We have a spot for almost every type of player out there

Post Count
    Actually, he got booted from SAS because he was suspected to be a hacker. The leadership of taw was also warned that he was booted for suspicious behaviour.
    Also, a ticket was sent when he was in SAS.

You're also giving a lot of excuses and different senarios where taw could have still held first.
    Why weren't these considered with the DL hacker, or the KA hacker?
    But yet they made the assumption that taw would have gotten streaks if they didn't miss 4 hrs of war.

Your solution just glazes over the issue, the question at hand. How did you vote?

Quote Originally Posted by llpbrace@gmail.com View Post
    Buy more gold

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    If gree is aware of the activity, and let's it continue, then it's perfectly fine. People just gotta learn to fight fire with fire.
    Pagoda no good.

Post Count
    I'm pretty sure there is precedent to cases involving removed IP gained by illegitimate means, so you'd think hacked IP would always be removed.

That said, Gree will do whatever they feel is best for them and everyone should be aware that when they spend money gold they always get what they pay for, and how you use it is up to you. Buyer beware, spend at your own risk type of deal. So don't be surprised if things don't go your way.

There is also precedent for strange glitches that, for whatever reason (insert conspiracy theory) only affect one account. Some might decide not to abuse such a situation, others might take full advantage.

Coming back to original topic though, it's reasonable to expect that IF a player's IP were verifiably hacked, they would be null and void.