Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Please let your forum followers know the next event

It would be nice to know the next event before it is actually posted in the game. This would be a great incentive to join the forum. Knowing the night before would be much helpful for your faithful few.

They won't tell people because that would make it easier to complete missions without gold

We do currently post the events to the Facebook page. We will work on getting the information out here as well. Additionally, there should be pop-ups for events when you enter the game. Please let us know if this is not occurring.

Hi Tadaaah, welcome to the forum.

Why Facebook and not your own forum?

There are no pop ups in the game until the event starts. Perhaps an event calendar similar to your other games would work?

Again, lmao why Facebook and not your own forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    There are no pop ups in the game until the event starts. Perhaps an event calendar similar to your other games would work?
    There are popups in-game before the events start. I see them a day before, sometimes two. They say something like: Get prepared for the "xxxxxx" event starting June xx at noon. Or something like that of course. Mine work just fine. Android here of course.
    As of 3/16/14 5:00am PST:

CC: 817-801-163
    Level: 247
    Mafia: 269
    Attack: 15.9m
    Defense: 15.4m
    IpH: $7.06m
    Fights W/L: 53,996/19,825
    Robs W/L: 124,836/1026

Quote Originally Posted by AK-47 View Post
    There are popups in-game before the events start. I see them a day before, sometimes two. They say something like: Get prepared for the "xxxxxx" event starting June xx at noon. Or something like that of course. Mine work just fine. Android here of course.
    Can we get this on IOS as well please?

They are on ios mate but only appear like when the event is announced that is how we know what event is next a few hours before it starts , the pop ups are temperamental tho

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsky View Post
    They are on ios mate but only appear like when the event is announced that is how we know what event is next a few hours before it starts , the pop ups are temperamental tho
    Ahh I see. I read the post above as they get more than a couple of hours due to the addition of "June xx". Guess I would rarely see them as the events generally start at 4 am in my time zone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    We do currently post the events to the Facebook page. We will work on getting the information out here as well. Additionally, there should be pop-ups for events when you enter the game. Please let us know if this is not occurring.
    So almost a month later and still now different now than it was.....

Your facebook page mentions the events a few hours before they start (same as the in game pop ups.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Tadaaah,
    I've taken a bit of a break from this forum. Used to post and write your predecessors fairly regularly, but I finally stopped because of the lack of communication from them. It's was always a fairly one sided conversation.

This thread brings up an important idea I wanted to bring to your attention. The issue of event timing and advertising when events happen.
    While I understand the underlying premise to the game, and the fact that Gree is a business, the current construct of not posting the next event until mere hours before they begin can be viewed as counterproductive to the long term health of this game.
    I believe I read a fairly good breakdown in another thread here of the UV/build requirements using only the highest UV per minute build unit--Hailstorms--to try and get through the top level of a build event. I have 3 x 38s and 5 x 34s, plus HB and a porting outpost--and I have a tough time in build events even if I somehow get lucky and time the event correctly. My base set up puts me in the top 1% of players in the game too--only a handful of players in each world have the same amount of resource rate production and build capacity that I do. The vast majority of players simply cannot come even close.
    So here's my idea. Since we now have an end of the month "wrap up" event similar to Modern Warfare, why not post the monthly schedule in advance. In MW, there are even postings prior to the limited time quest events for what NPCs will be hit, in what order, etc...and I'm sure there is no shortage of income generated in that game.
    I would venture to say the activity level, and yes--spending level--would increase in this game if players could predict when Box events, War events, and Build events. And it would give players with average building capacity a shot at maybe the Level 90 limited CDRs like DoomsDay/Hunter etc…and those players—even with a single level 90 CDR—will stick around and play more with that single higher level CDR which gives them at least a chance against higher ranked players.
    It may be a gamble of sorts for the company, since the top builders would be able to time their builds better--but still not precisely due to the open timeframe for the embedded Limited Builds inside the actual Build events. But I would argue that the increase in player activity level, and the possibility that players would stick around longer due to the less contentious--more player friendly--environment could more than make up for the loss in revenue in other areas.
    Just an idea--curious to hear your thoughts?

And one question for you--was the second limited build event not starting until 4 hours prior to the end of the last build event done on purpose? Or was is a timing glitch/error? I've never seen that before.

Looking forward to talking with you more Tadaaah.

HardCorps_DP
    World 15
    Dark Pirates
    General

Agree 100% with this.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps_DP View Post
    Tadaaah,
    I've taken a bit of a break from this forum. Used to post and write your predecessors fairly regularly, but I finally stopped because of the lack of communication from them. It's was always a fairly one sided conversation.

This thread brings up an important idea I wanted to bring to your attention. The issue of event timing and advertising when events happen.
    While I understand the underlying premise to the game, and the fact that Gree is a business, the current construct of not posting the next event until mere hours before they begin can be viewed as counterproductive to the long term health of this game.
    I believe I read a fairly good breakdown in another thread here of the UV/build requirements using only the highest UV per minute build unit--Hailstorms--to try and get through the top level of a build event. I have 3 x 38s and 5 x 34s, plus HB and a porting outpost--and I have a tough time in build events even if I somehow get lucky and time the event correctly. My base set up puts me in the top 1% of players in the game too--only a handful of players in each world have the same amount of resource rate production and build capacity that I do. The vast majority of players simply cannot come even close.
    So here's my idea. Since we now have an end of the month "wrap up" event similar to Modern Warfare, why not post the monthly schedule in advance. In MW, there are even postings prior to the limited time quest events for what NPCs will be hit, in what order, etc...and I'm sure there is no shortage of income generated in that game.
    I would venture to say the activity level, and yes--spending level--would increase in this game if players could predict when Box events, War events, and Build events. And it would give players with average building capacity a shot at maybe the Level 90 limited CDRs like DoomsDay/Hunter etc…and those players—even with a single level 90 CDR—will stick around and play more with that single higher level CDR which gives them at least a chance against higher ranked players.
    It may be a gamble of sorts for the company, since the top builders would be able to time their builds better--but still not precisely due to the open timeframe for the embedded Limited Builds inside the actual Build events. But I would argue that the increase in player activity level, and the possibility that players would stick around longer due to the less contentious--more player friendly--environment could more than make up for the loss in revenue in other areas.

And one question for you--was the second limited build event not starting until 4 hours prior to the end of the last build event done on purpose? Or was is a timing glitch/error? I've never seen that before.

HardCorps_DP
    World 15
    Dark Pirates
    General

Didn't get any response from Tadaaah either in the open forum or via private message.

Come on Tadaaah...you can write something back. Please?

Need a shorter message? How about:

Please put out a monthly schedule of events, including 24-hour LTM build events, for your War of Nations players to work off of.
    Many positive reasons why players would like this, and I believe it has long-term benefits for the company as well by encouraging an active player base to stay active in the game longer.

Hope you have thought about this. Thank you for your time.

HC

Didn't get any response from Tadaaah either in the open forum or via private message.

Come on Tadaaah...you can write something back. Please?

Need a shorter message? How about:

Please put out a monthly schedule of events, including 24-hour LTM build events, for your War of Nations players to work off of.
    Many positive reasons why players would like this, and I believe it has long-term benefits for the company as well by encouraging an active player base to stay active in the game longer.

Hope you have thought about this. Thank you for your time.

HC
    This makes logical sense for both gree and players so....it won't happen
    -World 9-

It's pretty easy to predict the events or at least get it within a day or two. As soon as a build event is over have someone destroy your factories and build queues of 1000 arts or straight queues of titans and hellfires equalling the same timing as the 1k arts. Time it all to land within an hour of each other during a time your on. Once you're certain you have 70-80m uv (you only really need about 65 ish but thats hitting ever level exactly on point) Shoot for 24 hours after you think the next LtQ will end. It's really not that hard. I've got the same setup as you and I'm a bit of a builder noob but I'm pulling over 100m uv

Tadaaah,

HardCorps_DP
    World 15
    Dark Pirates
    General

Quote Originally Posted by christo1 View Post
    It's pretty easy to predict the events or at least get it within a day or two. As soon as a build event is over have someone destroy your factories and build queues of 1000 arts or straight queues of titans and hellfires equalling the same timing as the 1k arts. Time it all to land within an hour of each other during a time your on. Once you're certain you have 70-80m uv (you only really need about 65 ish but thats hitting ever level exactly on point) Shoot for 24 hours after you think the next LtQ will end. It's really not that hard. I've got the same setup as you and I'm a bit of a builder noob but I'm pulling over 100m uv
    So you predicted the last alliance build? Please. Stop embarrassing yourself. According to the old known but not posted schedule, I should be dropping units in the first ltm of alliance build right now.