GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art of Hacking: Different Rules for Different Syndicates

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dip.stick View Post
    Well this is a thread started by SAS.
    And as stated in my post on page 1, this thread is not about SAS. It's about GREE doing the right thing entirely, not just halfway.

If it will make you feel better, please feel free to start a thread specific to SAS haters and whine and complain or do whatever you need to do to there and keep THIS thread relevant.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Is doing a proper post with multiple quotes beyond you? I don't see why I or anybody else who can actually be bothered to struggle through your drivel whilst trying to determine which parts are unattributed quotes and which parts yours shouldn't also be putting in a claim for monetary compensation for my precious time.
    Apparently, it is. His posting style is about as coherent as his rationale.

who in their right mind would do anything based on what SAS says. Your word doesn't mean squat.
    Really? Because it appears Gree and the entire CC forum/kakao/groupme community agrees with SAS here. As I pointed out, a point you obviously don't have a rebuttal for, SAS has never, ever falsely claimed a player was a hacker to keep TAW from signing them. SAS has never lied about a player to keep them from joining another team, period. TAW was apparently desperate for a player and chose to ignore the warnings SAS gave them.

idn't sas win a battle against TAW. If this player is doing what you are claiming there is no way SAS should of won. Sounds like SAS has a few hackers left in their syndicate.
    He tried. Too little, too late and it was very close at the end. The 1.1m he scored so suddenly at the end of the SAS-TAW battle is what set off the alarm bells, the pursuit of evidence, and ultimately the facts that proved TAW cheated and got the player banned for life.

Why are you so concerned about a syndicate you are no longer associated with?
    Because I believe in fairness and that fair play and consistently applied rules/policies make for a better gaming experience for everyone.

inding and banning cheaters is Gree's responsibility. I buy gold and play cc. If my responsibilities include seeking out cheaters I need to discuss my position, pay scale and benefits package.
    So TAW doesn't even evaluate if a player is a cheater? That's surprising but I will take your word for it. Every syndicate owes it to themselves to check player inventory, a player's history, etc.

Post Count
    Montecore! Now it's a party!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Yes a gree party. This is a thread where SAS is whining and trying to prove some point, the ip will not be reversed nor rankings changed. Period. Quit talking about this it's not going yo happen.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Is there any reason why Gree will not remove TAW from No 1? Yes. TAW (and former FC) would spend hugh amount of money to keep their track record of winning all wars. Once that's broken, there will be a much lower push factor for TAW to continue spending for No 1 spot, leading to less gold spent in war and less income to Gree. Simple behavioral science.

So if Gree will attempt to keep TAW at No 1 so that they can maintain/ increase their income level, then what can the other teams (specifically SAS) do? The simple answer is of course to stop spending in war. However, being 2nd for so long and almost getting 1st in the last war, most people will find it a shame to just give up. Thus they will still continue to spend. Again, simple behavioral science.

Then what is the next feasible option? I would say to just stay contented at being 2nd and spend just enough to keep the rank. This will cause a domino effect that makes the overall spending by the other teams lower (specifically top 10 teams). Even TAW will cut back on their spending as there will be no need for them to spend so much to maintain 1st. Who will then benefit from this? All players as they get the same ranking at a lower cost.
    Who's coffer will hurt from this? I don't think I need to tell you the answer.
    Simple Economics.

Having said all the above, back to the topic - IMO it is only fair that SAS should be compensated for being "robbed" of the 1st place, since the same argument of TAW will spend more to win the war if the hacker never existed can similarly be applied to SAS, that SAS will spend more to fight for the 1st place.

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    As an outsider (I was drawn by the headlines--and yes, I've read every post), I was rather surprised that the reaction of respondents to this thread fell into two categories:

1) We're interested in truth, no matter where it leads. We don't approve of cheating, cheaters, or accepting cheaty points to win.

2) We don't like SAS, so no matter how logical, truthful, or rational their posts, we're gonna do our damnedest to mock them, derail their thread, and make sure they never meet their objective, namely the full justice being meted out against this cheater and the team who happened to employ him while he was cheating.

I understand not liking a team. I understand NOT wanting to see them win. I don't understand covering your eyes to a blatant violation to the rules which is the only reason TAW won this particular war and rah-rah-rahing them in every way possible, while simultaneously discouraging the team who perhaps should have won from pursuing the truth and consequences of that truth.

...no, wait a minute, now I understand it!

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjibbks5 View Post
    ...IMO it is only fair that SAS should be compensated for being "robbed" of the 1st place, since the same argument of TAW will spend more to win the war if the hacker never existed can similarly be applied to SAS, that SAS will spend more to fight for the 1st place.
    ^ *nods head*

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    Apparently, it is. His posting style is about as coherent as his rationale.

Really? Because it appears Gree and the entire CC forum/kakao/groupme community agrees with SAS here. As I pointed out, a point you obviously don't have a rebuttal for, SAS has never, ever falsely claimed a player was a hacker to keep TAW from signing them. SAS has never lied about a player to keep them from joining another team, period. TAW was apparently desperate for a player and chose to ignore the warnings SAS gave them.

He tried. Too little, too late and it was very close at the end. The 1.1m he scored so suddenly at the end of the SAS-TAW battle is what set off the alarm bells, the pursuit of evidence, and ultimately the facts that proved TAW cheated and got the player banned for life.

Because I believe in fairness and that fair play and consistently applied rules/policies make for a better gaming experience for everyone.

So TAW doesn't even evaluate if a player is a cheater? That's surprising but I will take your word for it. Every syndicate owes it to themselves to check player inventory, a player's history, etc.
    Cn you please tell me what you do for a living ? It seems to me that all you do is kiss SAS @$$ , do they pay you for this ? I hope they do. If sas wants to cry about getting first why won't you kiss Gree @$$ and tell them to let TAW & SAS battle the whole weekend no other teams . And on the side of this you can be sucking each and everyone's |)ick

Post Count
    Actually, I'm interested in the truth, I don't like cheaters, I don't like SAS and enjoy watching them squirm after every battle, but I still don't think the results should be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    As an outsider (I was drawn by the headlines--and yes, I've read every post), I was rather surprised that the reaction of respondents to this thread fell into two categories:

1) We're interested in truth, no matter where it leads. We don't approve of cheating, cheaters, or accepting cheaty points to win.

2) We don't like SAS, so no matter how logical, truthful, or rational their posts, we're gonna do our damnedest to mock them, derail their thread, and make sure they never meet their objective, namely the full justice being meted out against this cheater and the team who happened to employ him while he was cheating.

I understand not liking a team. I understand NOT wanting to see them win. I don't understand covering your eyes to a blatant violation to the rules which is the only reason TAW won this particular war and rah-rah-rahing them in every way possible, while simultaneously discouraging the team who perhaps should have won from pursuing the truth and consequences of that truth.

...no, wait a minute, now I understand it!
    thread winner
    truth

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjibbks5 View Post
    Is there any reason why Gree will not remove TAW from No 1? Yes. TAW (and former FC) would spend hugh amount of money to keep their track record of winning all wars. Once that's broken, there will be a much lower push factor for TAW to continue spending for No 1 spot, leading to less gold spent in war and less income to Gree. Simple behavioral science.

So if Gree will attempt to keep TAW at No 1 so that they can maintain/ increase their income level, then what can the other teams (specifically SAS) do? The simple answer is of course to stop spending in war. However, being 2nd for so long and almost getting 1st in the last war, most people will find it a shame to just give up. Thus they will still continue to spend. Again, simple behavioral science.

Then what is the next feasible option? I would say to just stay contented at being 2nd and spend just enough to keep the rank. This will cause a domino effect that makes the overall spending by the other teams lower (specifically top 10 teams). Even TAW will cut back on their spending as there will be no need for them to spend so much to maintain 1st. Who will then benefit from this? All players as they get the same ranking at a lower cost.
    Who's coffer will hurt from this? I don't think I need to tell you the answer.
    Simple Economics.

Having said all the above, back to the topic - IMO it is only fair that SAS should be compensated for being "robbed" of the 1st place, since the same argument of TAW will spend more to win the war if the hacker never existed can similarly be applied to SAS, that SAS will spend more to fight for the 1st place.

You've said it. Hope everyone reads this and understands. Sadly no one will listen and this will continue.

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    I was hoping that was not the case. C'mon GREE...

P.S. Ad hominem attacks merely indicate that you know your opponent is right, and you have nothing left to say to "win" the argument. A little less trolling, a little more intelligent conversation, please...

(Nice progression there, Benjibbks5. You, at least, have something to say. )

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Actually, I'm interested in the truth, I don't like cheaters, I don't like SAS and enjoy watching them squirm after every battle, but I still don't think the results should be changed.
    Here is the truth..
    gree determined without a shadow of a doubt that someone broke the rules and cheated. That is established by the banning of the player in question.

the only thing that is being discussed is why are these illegal points allowed to remain on the board. The points were obtained by cheating. If you are in an honest quest for justice then the team should have no bearing on the ruling. You have made it abundantly clear that you don't like SAS. Message received. This isn't about SAS though. It just happens that the cheat bumped them out of first place. If TAW won battle by 30 mil points then the hacked points should come off the board even if it doesn't change the outcome and the team should be given a warning that they will receive a more harsh punishment the next time. If SAS did it then the same. If my team did it then the same.

How can you say you want the truth when all you do is derail and allow your personal opinions on SAS to cloud the facts.

A hypothetical. If a player cheats on a ltq then the punishment should be that player is removed from game. If one player completes an entire SLTQ on his own with a cheat then should that player be removed and the team be allowed to remain in possession of the prize? I would say no. Does it matter which team he/she is on? No. All of those things are irrelevant. It's ludicrous to allow a team to retain points that were achieved with a hack. It's ridiculous to even debate it. Put you personal feeling aside.

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    If a team wins because of cheating--and the cheating is discovered, and the player is BANNED FOR LIFE--in what universe should his points not also be removed from the game in question??

IMO, this problem is only difficult to solve because money and game politics are involved. Remove those two items, and the solution becomes very clear. *shrug*

Banned
    Post Count
    No one will care in 6 months, this game will be a distant memory.