Page 1 of 2 12 Last

(iOS) War 18 graphs

This was a strange war. No one was terribly excited about the water epic, and some guilds even decided they'd rather have the 11-25 prize. Some guilds even took votes partway through the war to decide which way to go.

Possibly due to this ambivalence, no distinct gap developed separating the top ten contenders from the rest of the pack until nearly halfway through the war. At that point, eleven guilds drew apart. TH3 1NFAM0US, Zero Division, and Knights of Kaos battled it out for the water epic. Zero Division was edged out in the final hour and had to settle for the Necromantle.

Meanwhile, the battle for top 25 was much tougher than usual, especially in the last six hours. As each of them struggled to keep their position, 25th place climbed to within 350k of 13th place, an amount any of those guilds could score in a single hard-push battle.

IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

I was really excited to see the top 25 chart for this war. Shame. oh well.

So here's what happened in the last 6 hours of the top 25.

Things were running smoothly. After a huge 400k battle Knights of Flame pushed up to 19th. That looked to end up irrelevant and most other guilds did the same. Slim Shady sat in 25th with a marginal lead of less than 100k points, when suddenly with 4 hours left to go, The Blood Tigers pulled themselves together and jumped to 20th. Slim Shady sat at 26th with all eyes watching what they would do. Ham Slamwich, Knights of Flame, The Blood Tigers, Simplicity, and Rock and Roll, all sat within 100k of one another from 19th to 24th, waiting and pushing in an attempt to stave off a huge jump by two or more teams. As the final two hours rolled around Slim Shady increased in points marginally, and the 6 guilds above them counted their points every time it moved so they knew how hard to push to keep a lead. In the last 1-1/2 hours final battles were declared and everyone started counting each others scores. Most guilds made a final push for 100k or more, and all of them ended up, once again, within 100k of one another, with Aye Ready Aye at 4,001,101, and Ham Slamwich at 3,901,791. The entirity of the 20-25 ranks sat within only 100k of each other, and with Ham Slamwich done their final battle, and Slim Shady still technically in the running with only 200k to steal the spot, sweat started running down some brows. However, Slim Shady only pulled out an 80k fight, and finished 103k behind 25, unable to muster up the final salvo.

Knights of Flame's final battle put us at 19th. And in the last half hour we watched ourselves slip to 24th, eyeing Slim Shady with worry the whole time.

This was undoubtedly one of the most exciting wars we've had in a long time. Our last t25 was 2 wars ago, and we sat 13th most of the war with no real concerns. This one...whoo-boy. This one was a nail biter.
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here

If 4 war points costs $1.99, how much money does it cost to throw up 17 million points on the board?!

<-- still in awe

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

If it helps to unboggle your mind, a 100% win ratio would mean that only 12 million points were actually scored.

Divide that by 40, and that's 300,000 a person. Assuming that everyone can hit a guild master and get a 50% bonus for each win, and the 30 points for winning, and they all have a 100% win ratio, an average of 200 points per kill would effectively mean 330 total points per energy. That's 909 fights, divided by 4 is 228 refills. So 2,280 gems minimum per person under ideal circumstances.
    Last edited by EljayK; 06-10-2014 at 09:59 AM.

or message me here

So roughly $200 per person? Ugh! This is per war, we're talking...

<--- still boggled

Yes it can be up to $200 per war, But I also think that Eljack underestimates the Pts Gm's give. In my experience, and I have kept totals to keep track, GM's give an average of just over 400 pts each win. But then again you have to account for those times you cannot beat a GM, hit sent, guard etc. So for 300,000 you would need around 2-2.2k gems. Assuming almost all people buy during 40% sales, that will cost them a rainbow pack ($120 USD, 1800 gems), plus the free gems from in game play and maybe one more small gem pack. Most top 10 guilds only have about 20 full time members, the other 20 are pulled up from subguilds and allied guilds. Also, most of the top guilds have 3-4 "Big Hitters" who will put up 600k+ (yes let THAT boggle your mind lol), to keep the required pts closer to 200-250k instead of 300k for the rest. So while it still may cost $100+, that is kind of how it logistically works.

Thanks, EljayK, for the blow-by-blow description of the top 25 fight! I wasn't in the chats for any of those guilds, so I missed out on the drama; all I could see was the results.

Points per fight: Back in Rainbow Room days I tracked guild member scoring. The top folks averaged about 375 points per fight (with most of those being GM strips). Outside of strips, 350 points is about average for someone fighting mostly GMs and getting a decent win ratio; I've been as low as 318 average for one blitz war (too many nasty GMs, had to fight HCs in a lot of battles).

In the Stalwart Vanguard war, Centurions pushed Rainbow Clay to an astounding 60,302,328 point total. That's just over 40 million points before win bonuses, which means the guild managed an average of one million points per member!

Great graphs as always Beth
    IGN: FDP Yongsan RRu
    GM of ForgeDragons Path
    HC of The Rainbow Rug
    #6 War of the Enchantress
    #3 Xantico Raid
    No Minimums. Max Participation
    LINE fdpyongsan to apply

Quote Originally Posted by B Legit View Post
    Also, most of the top guilds have 3-4 "Big Hitters" who will put up 600k+ (yes let THAT boggle your mind lol)
    Our top scorer this war was 850k. He just really needed to spend those 5k gems for the armor.

or message me here

Gotta tell ya. Those last few wars were intense. I'm a member of SlimShady and we was on perma declare most of the war and finished with 36 wins and 0 losses. We will deffinatly take top 25 next time we finished the war with 14 members. And since then we've pulled in another 12 members who are ready to kick ass like we did. Still recruiting if anyone wants to apply. Only take members who are willing to pull there own weight
    Last edited by Skater; 06-11-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater View Post
    Gotta tell ya. Those last few wars were intense. I'm a member of SlimShady and we was on perma declare most of the war and finished with 36 wins and 0 losses. We will deffinatly take top 25 next time we finished the war with 14 members. And since then we've pulled in another 12 members who are ready to kick ass like we did. Still recruiting if anyone wants to apply. Only take members who are willing to pull there own weight
    Who wants to join and carry her own weight if you can't even carry yourself? You seem like a lost cause imo. SlimShady will probably selfimplode after next war! Violating the rules trying to recruit here shows how desperate you are so i suggest people join an organized guild instead of blowing gems for top 50.

Ps: its their not there!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphre View Post
    Who wants to join and carry her own weight if you can't even carry yourself? You seem like a lost cause imo. SlimShady will probably selfimplode after next war! Violating the rules trying to recruit here shows how desperate you are so i suggest people join an organized guild instead of blowing gems for top 50.

Ps: its their not there!

I'm not violating any rules. My statements had everything to do with this post. Youre violating the rules though. Cyber bulling bud. I was just telling everyone about the last few battles for T25. But we are slim shady and we dont give up. Kinda like Mr. Mathers himself. We started off at the bottom but now were on top. See ya in top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater View Post
    I'm not violating any rules. My statements had everything to do with this post. Youre violating the rules though. Cyber bulling bud. I was just telling everyone about the last few battles for T25. But we are slim shady and we dont give up. Kinda like Mr. Mathers himself. We started off at the bottom but now were on top. See ya in top 10.
    My bet is you will puke Mom's spaghetti!

Back to topic: Where do you pull data to get your graphs? Thanks for doing the work, Beth!

Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    Back to topic: Where do you pull data to get your graphs? Thanks for doing the work, Beth!
    I wish Gree gave us a place to pull data! No, I do it the hard way, going into the game and copying numbers off the screen by hand. I even set an alarm and wake up to get some data points at night. (Not as often as during the day, though.)

You're welcome, but send thanks also to the guilds who sponsor me. I wouldn't be doing this without them!