Should Hacked IP Be Deducted From A Teams Total? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should Hacked IP Be Deducted From A Teams Total?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

120 81.08%
  • No

28 18.92%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Hacked IP Be Deducted From A Teams Total?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    Hello there sir Dub, as much as I would like to refrain I simply cannot. SAS have made false allegations time and time again in the past and unless you have solid proof (i.e screenshots) that you can post that proves without a doubt that TAW cheated last battle then your latest allegation is simply a smear campaign.

Have you considered a career in politics?
    First, I will need to see links and examples of these false allegations, or I will simply accuse you of making one here.
    Second, we have screenshots. They have been provided to Gree, they have been provided to TAW, they have been provided to all members in SAS, and they have been provided to you in one of the rooms I keep removing you from.

Banned
    Post Count
    Let's not get off track, as this is an important thread detailing an important issue.

The good news is that there is already a precedent set. When HCG had a hacker as a DL, all of their IP was removed and the score adjusted accordingly. The same thing just happened in KA. So Gree just needs to validate the screenshots against their server records and do what they have always done, remove all IP scored by the hacker from the score and reevaluate the standings.

I am still not sure why TAW didn't listen to SAS in the first place and not add the hacker. Desperate times I suppose.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I was the one who recruited him into TAW so you are wrong again bdub.
    Well of course the guy would tell you he'd been booted for suspected hacking, wouldn't he? So funny.

In answer to the poll, definitely hacked ip should be removed (regardless of syndicate) and the player's stats should be nullified for the rest of the war - which has also happened previously
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Lurker
    Post Count
    Its sad that this question even needs to be asked. Hacked ip should absolutely be deducted from that teams total ip. What type of precedent is one setting for all other teams if hacked ip is allowed to count towards that teams final score? Whats the deterrent to stop others that are thinking of doing the same hack? Their accounts may get banned? So its clearly being said that this will not be tolerated by individuals, but if and when this happens we have no issue with that syndicate gaining from what can only be called cheating . Wheres the logic in that?
    Whats the reward for playing the right way, the way it was intended to be played? Unfortunately this is not rewarded, but you possibly put yourself at a disadvantage if hacked ip is allowed. Sad but true.
    Fortunately, there has been a very strong precedent set for situations just like this. In both situations in which a player hacked ip, that persons ip was removed from that teams total ip and their account banned. This seems like a very logical outcome. Why would a current ip hacking incident be addressed any differently than past incidents? You would think it wouldn't be, would you be wrong?

Post Count
    I would like to apologise for my trolling on this thread. I see this is a serious topic that many people with to address and will hereby stay out of it. I have deleted all my previous messages so please disregard them.

Again, apologies for the trolling.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I would like to apologise for my trolling on this thread. I see this is a serious topic that many people with to address and will hereby stay out of it. I have deleted all my previous messages so please disregard them.

Captain, we fully accept your apology. Thanks for your support in this matter, it is a serious case for most CC players and in their interest to have a fair game.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

wow. if they can get to torque, they can get to anyone. no one is safe!!!
    Pagoda no good.

Post Count
    Not as simple as you think. Is it fair for SAS to sneak their hacker onto TAW so he can hack 5m IP and then ask for TAW's victory to be taken away after it's too late for them to do anything about it? I don't think so. Since SAS never wins, we all know that if TAW had been aware of SAS's mole, they would have just put up more IP without him and won anyway. How is it fair to change the results after the scoring is over?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Not as simple as you think. Is it fair for SAS to sneak their hacker onto TAW so he can hack 5m IP and then ask for TAW's victory to be taken away after it's too late for them to do anything about it? I don't think so. Since SAS never wins, we all know that if TAW had been aware of SAS's mole, they would have just put up more IP without him and won anyway. How is it fair to change the results after the scoring is over?
    Taw was warned before war.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Not only should it be deducted, the team should lose their syn for allowing it
    Blood Sweat & Beers (BSB)
    Top 20 team!
    Always looking for bad azz recruits!

Post Count
    Congrats to SAS on their win. Clean sweep. Beat TAW heads up even with a cheater. Since it's been confirmed that there was cheating then you must deduct those points and that leaves SAS with 1st. Gree doesn't have to change it and make it official for everyone to realize who won. That would be the right thing for them to do but it's not happening. The reign is over.

Banned
    Post Count
    Here is a thread from when HCG used a hacker DL and Gree responded by removing all of his IP:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...justice/page22

Post Count
    Can we add a third option to the poll? No, the entire team should be disqualified.

Lurker
    Post Count

This is how you fix hacking

Easy way to fix hacking is tell everybody how they do it.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4Seven View Post
    Can we add a third option to the poll? No, the entire team should be disqualified.
    Haha for now just the two please
    But comments are highly appreciated

*Silent Assassins are Recruiting*
    SAS1: 500k+T1+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASII: 275k+T3&4+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASIII: 125K+T10+Wins
    SAS4: T50

We have a spot for almost every type of player out there