What's the risk involved from not banking?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the risk involved from not banking?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

What's the risk involved from not banking?

So as IPH goes up, so does the amount of money lost when paying the 10% bank deposits.

My question is pretty simple - suppose for example I have 500M that I don't bank, how much of it am I risking from other players attacking me? What's the most that can be lost from one hit? Or does it vary?

Sorry if this has been debated before (I'm sure it has)

Post Count
    It's hard to calculate now because the "cool down" time between attacks appears to be dependent upon several factors including how active a player you are, how many henchmen you have, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    you can lose (Level - 10)*$100,000*20 in a single go
    (20 being the amount of times someone could hit you between cooldowns)

As Dipstik mentions, the cooldown seems to vary (i.e. the time between when you can be hit again after you've been hit 20 times)

Another factor is your level, you will find that folks that are, say <L150 don't attack much as folks don't want to get too much XP, cooldown is not even a factor. It's fairly safe to "no-bank" at that range of levels.

Post Count
    the risk is great... you could die. ITS JUST A GAME lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    Hahaha,

I have a story about that. I probably shouldn't share it. Kinda lame, actually. Forget I said anything.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks guys. That's helpful. I'm L101 with IPH just over 10M. I'll give it a try and see how it goes!

Post Count
    I could be mistaken but when a player attacks you until you are "too beat up", I think your beat up status applies only to that one player. If this is true, there isn't really a limit to how much you risk losing to attacks by not banking. If everyone who sees you attacks you for cash, you could lose everything on hand.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    I could be mistaken but when a player attacks you until you are "too beat up", I think your beat up status applies only to that one player. If this is true, there isn't really a limit to how much you risk losing to attacks by not banking. If everyone who sees you attacks you for cash, you could lose everything on hand.
    No when a player is too "beat up" it applies to everyone.

I usually bank my cash, a trick is to not collect all your cash and bank at once, deposit every building separately, so the 10% fee hurt as much.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    a trick is to not collect all your cash and bank at once, deposit every building separately, so the 10% fee hurt as much.
    What difference would that make? It's still 10% of the same amount when all is said and done.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TobysPaw View Post
    What difference would that make? It's still 10% of the same amount when all is said and done.
    10% of 10m is less than 10% of 50m.

Post Count
    No when a player is too "beat up" it applies to everyone.

I usually bank my cash, a trick is to not collect all your cash and bank at once, deposit every building separately, so the 10% fee hurt as much.
    People in my syndicate often coordinate to visit a rival's hood at the same time (using links from the news). While both players are in the rival's hood they can both 20-0 the rival. 5 minutes later when I see that rival on my list, I too am able to attack 20-0.

On my own rivals list, I can attack every single person listed if I haven't hit made them "too beat up" within the last 2-3 hours.

10% of your cash is 10% of your cash. How much you deposit at once makes zero difference.

Post Count
    Wow I can't argue with that logic. You, sir, win at math!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    It's hard to calculate now because the "cool down" time between attacks appears to be dependent upon several factors including how active a player you are, how many henchmen you have, etc.
    Wow.... Dippy is truly back. Welcome back!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Makes absolutely no difference. The choice is whether to bank the cash or not. Whether it's done incrementally or all at once is irrelevant.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TobysPaw View Post
    Thanks guys. That's helpful. I'm L101 with IPH just over 10M. I'll give it a try and see how it goes!
    At L101 you will almost definitely lose less from attacks than the banking fee. I'm 20 or so levels ahead of you and haven't banked in a couple of years, I get 20-0'd about once a month.

Post Count
    I usually don't bank, cause making 700m a day, you'd have to be leached A LOT to tip the scales towards depositing.
    But during the epic i was attacked every 5 freaking minutes (that's -5m every 5 minutes) so i was pretty much forced to bank.
    Sent ticket and got a usual silly response

Stopped banking again after epic.