Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Recent Lag - Device Specific?

Edited to add that my lag has disappeared entirely with the new update! Thanks to the devs for their attention to this, and I hope we are all lag free now!

Edit #2: Sporadic reports of continuing lag in my guild and throughout the forum. I see a pretty significant lag loading friends list, but this is no where near the pain I saw with laggy battle selection screens. Awaiting the next update...

Original Post:

I've seen several comments on different threads concerning recent increases in lag and some speculation on whether it is device specific or not. The first few weeks I played, I noticed no lag at all. If I did, I probably would have stopped playing. Sometime in the last week or two, lag started appearing for me. First a little in the friends list and profile pages, but now constant and repeatable when entering battles on the world map.

I'm using a Galaxy S3. The worst area of lag I've seen is entering battles. Example would be farming snakeskins at Skeletons Tomb. A lag-free start-to-finish run can be done in about 45 seconds, but I'm seeing 15 seconds of lag at the knight selection screen (or at the battle start screen if I choose my knights quickly).

Needless to say this deeply cuts into the number of snakeskins I can farm in an hour. With the tremendous about of grinding involved to farm for materials, this is disheartening to say the least.

I've heard people talk about experiencing longer lag, or no lag at all. Makes me wonder...

What device do you use? Do you experience lag? If so, where and for how long?
    Last edited by Brutal1977; 09-12-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Problem appears resolved, for most...
    NOTICE: The Legends is now free to play! Old friends look us up!

IGN: Legends Brutal - Level 156 - Started July 2013
    Guild: The Legends - Level 75 - Android - 11 wars, 9 top-tens!
    Maxed Epic: Blaze, Chromatic, Devoted, Kerstman, Mael, Majesty, Necro
    Maxed Legendary: Bear+, Dragon Aegis+, Feather+, Glacius+, Soul Rmt+
    Maxed Other: Dark Prince+, Infernal+, Shaman+

you're complaining about losing 15 seconds????
    Knights And Dragons:
    Name: Woggy
    Code: XBB-MMY-XVF
    Guild: Bad Touch
    Level: 100+ Daily Player

got Galaxy S4 no lag. 92 friends. all doing fine. gives me so much boost in arena

Closer to 30-45 seconds on my end. Really bad.
    Knights & Dragons (Android)
    IGN: Usul [100+]

Guild war rankings: 4th, 10th, 9th, 3rd, 3rd .... more coming soon
    The Herd is growing fast and strong!

Don't feel quite up to par to be top 10 *yet*? But love to compete? We would also like to help you too! Team Unicorn and other US allies are recruiting!

About 1 minlag on friend list
    30 seconds level
    EPIC BOSS 1 min
    Damage Leaderboard 3-4 mins
    Arena changing warriors: 30 seconds

Before Guilds
    0 Lag

I use a Skyworth Sky pad
    KnD Android: WBC-BGG-ZFC
    Nathan
    Guildless

Maxed
    Soulshard Neceomantle, Clayplate, Big 4, Flamehunter Garb, Combustion, Guarduans Battlegear, Sorchestone Aegis, Storm Sorcer +

Working on

Quote Originally Posted by Woggy View Post
    you're complaining about losing 15 seconds????
    15 seconds for every battle that should be 45 seconds. That adds up. For the snakeskin example, that's a 25% drop in battles per hour. If the lag is device specific or android specific, it may help Gree identify a fix.

I found that on my device (HTC) that the lag was really apparent when I had a lot of friends. Now that I cut down the number by half, the lag is quite minimal. That might be the case for you too?
    Android Player Lv 1XX
    IGN: Ming TD
    Guild: The Demented

Armors: Maelstrom 99/99 Arborsteel 99/99 Blazeborne 99/99 Northerner's 99/99 Arcane mantle 99/99 Sandstorm platemail 69/99 and assorted EB+ maxed

LOSE YOUR SANITY, GET DEMENTED! APPLY HERE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal1977 View Post
    15 seconds for every battle that should be 45 seconds. That adds up. For the snakeskin example, that's a 25% drop in battles per hour. If the lag is device specific or android specific, it may help Gree identify a fix.
    I have around 30 seconds...... this sucks
    KnD Android: WBC-BGG-ZFC
    Nathan
    Guildless

Maxed
    Soulshard Neceomantle, Clayplate, Big 4, Flamehunter Garb, Combustion, Guarduans Battlegear, Sorchestone Aegis, Storm Sorcer +

Working on

I have anyware from 15 sec per battle to like 45 sec. It is also bad when looking at the friends list to prune the inactives and that can be 30-45 sec as well. I also have a Galaxy S3.
    Epic: Northerner's 99/99, Forgestone 99/99, Snowstorm 99/99, Arclite 99/99, Stalwart 99/99, Beastmasters 99/99
    EB +: To Many to List

Android User WBB CGV HXW
    Level 100+

Quote Originally Posted by Biskmatar View Post
    I found that on my device (HTC) that the lag was really apparent when I had a lot of friends. Now that I cut down the number by half, the lag is quite minimal. That might be the case for you too?
    I may try that, if the knight selection screen is loading the entire friends list every time, it may be a factor. I have 99 friends at the moment.

So far we have 3 android users with lag and 2 android users with little to no lag. If we get enough responses, a trend may appear.

Same here

I have been experiencing lags and hangs very frequently too after the guild update. Now I'm even lazy to farm snakeskin because of the lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs View Post
    I have been experiencing lags and hangs very frequently too after the guild update. Now I'm even lazy to farm snakeskin because of the lag.
    To be honest, I'm headed in your direction. Hopefully, they realize there's a problem. Are you also on android? If so, what device?

S3 here and Seeing alot of lag ón starting Battles,arenas,epic fights. Well just generally I Will freeze for anywhere from 20 secs to a minute ón starting anything.

Friend list was already pointed to as the source of game lag on Android a few weeks ago.
    Keeping friends limited to about 50 seems to fix the probablem for many.
    Fortunately on my ASUS TF700 tablet, even at 129/129 friends, lag was limited to 5 sec. at the start and end of a friend battle and at most 1-2 sec. in other locations.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    Friend list was already pointed to as the source of game lag on Android a few weeks ago.
    Keeping friends limited to about 50 seems to fix the probablem for many.
    Fortunately on my ASUS TF700 tablet, even at 129/129 friends, lag was limited to 5 sec. at the start and end of a friend battle and at most 1-2 sec. in other locations.
    ^ This.

At least for Android devices, the number of friends you have is directly related to the length of the lag. Apparently, those lag points are when the game is loading your friends so that you can hire/battle them. I first had really noticeable lag at about 30 friends. With about 42 friends now, the lag is noticeably a little longer.
    Android
    IGN: Sifu
    Friend Code: WBC-FQZ-WHB