What's up with the WD points equation?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What's up with the WD points equation?

What's up with the WD points equation?

I'm just wondering what has happened to the world domination points scoring system? This war has been a nightmare for me just to find a target I can make some points off of. There seems to be no consistency to the scoring. I have a 212 with 42m attack it doesn't matter if I'm hitting up or down or PA way above my pay grade I'm averaging around 250 points yet the battle points can be over 4k!!

I'm a gold user and am finding it hard going. I've gone from averaging 360 -450 depending on target to 180 - 250. I'm finding the same on my 114 with 23m attack. The smaller account was always the biggest earner of points, same situation. Averaging mediocre points!

I don't have a problem with change or manipulating things to make them fair, but this totalling of points is ridiculous at best and makes a mockery of gold use. Now I'm needing to spend twice as much to make similar points from before the change. That's not fair or right.

Perhaps someone could tell us what's going on with the equation and if this is the end product or a work in progress? As a footnote to this - there's no point in spending if it's not going to make you competitive. The idea is to help your faction push on. But who's going to pay if it's not giving you any of the advantage? Yes no doubt there will be negative comments from this thread, but I think it's a fair question and entitled to a fair answer.

Post Count
    join the crowd..us HLP been getting what ur averageing for a long time now in since 1st Wd its been like that for us bc we played the game how it suppose to been played under funzio then had to suffer for it..how does it feel to fit in with the majority now? no more llps that can score huge points is fair and just
    Retired to free playing

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhaze View Post
    join the crowd..us HLP been getting what ur averageing for a long time now in since 1st Wd its been like that for us bc we played the game how it suppose to been played under funzio then had to suffer for it..how does it feel to fit in with the majority now? no more llps that can score huge points is fair and just

If this is how it is then so be it. I'm not whining, I asked a question based on an equation that wasn't marrying to battle points. 4K battle points verses 180 WD points. Feel lopsided to you?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Said it before so may as well say again, just use battle points.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think it is obvious that level difference is no longer the most important factor in WD points. Have heard speculation that your rank vs their rank is now the major factor in WD points. Since we can't know rival's rank, WD points is now mostly random. No strategy, no skill, just your rank vs their unknowable rank as main factor.

This means we are all now being punished for attempting to achieve rank. It also means low level and low rank are no longer king of the battlefield. The ideal now is low rank and high stats. On the good side, people who have played well for a long time and achieved high level, aren't so brutally punished for playing the game too much.

Definitely agree that this whole screwy WD system should be flushed down the toilet and replaced with Battle Points! At the very least, I shouldn't get 350 points on one hit and 180 on the next. Randomness in scoring just takes the player skill and strategy out of the game.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    1+1=2
    2+0=2
    0+2=2

Post Count
    Taking level out of equation actually makes sense since high stat LLPs skewed the results too much. Basically anyone in a dominate faction could drop an LLP in and bulk them up to monster stats while players without such an advantage got screwed.

Basically just levelled the playing field. It also fixed the problem of a whale setting up a faction with a bunch of weak players to average down their stats and make them unbeatable.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Lowering the cap on the max possible points from one hit from 450 to 400 plus revising the equation to reduce the typical points all seems to me like a ploy from Gree to drive up gold spending. Typical factions have minimum scoring expectations. The factions didn't make adjustments to their minimum scoring since they have no clue what Gree is doing. So with one little adjustment, Gree can tweak it's gold revenue for the war weekend. The random nature of the scoring is included so they can hide their manipulations. Why else would they be so secretive about the equation or even just the variables included?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Man that would be awesome. It would be like PVP which I still do miss. Shame they removed that. Would have been nice if they would have given out better rewards for it though.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-1 View Post
    Lowering the cap on the max possible points from one hit from 450 to 400 plus revising the equation to reduce the typical points all seems to me like a ploy from Gree to drive up gold spending. Typical factions have minimum scoring expectations. The factions didn't make adjustments to their minimum scoring since they have no clue what Gree is doing. So with one little adjustment, Gree can tweak it's gold revenue for the war weekend. The random nature of the scoring is included so they can hide their manipulations. Why else would they be so secretive about the equation or even just the variables included?
    Hit the nail on the head there me old mucker... Why I will never give another penny to GREE... I'd rather spend a penny all over their games

It's certainly frustrating. I think you could be right about rank - my higher level acc is a higher rank and therefore it's points suck. That said the lower level acc wasn't getting great points, I was lucky to make 300 points against a much higher level acc. I can't see why it has to be a secret. Planning strategy based on basic rules of engagement shouldn't be kept from us. How can we learn how to play to the full potential of our accs if half the intel is withheld from us?!

Post Count
    I can't believe it 2 vaults and 370wd was my top

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hey 2 vaults and lots of activity gives you approx 200 now