Extreme Data Issues From GREE's Server for 3G Users!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Extreme Data Issues From GREE's Server for 3G Users!

Post Count

Exclamation Extreme Data Issues From GREE's Server for 3G Users!

• EDIT (July 2nd) - Seems they flipped a magical switch. After a 3 minute session, I had used 1.4 mb of data. No clue what they did, as they claimed for quite some time we were waiting on an app update in the iTunes Store, but at least it's finally fixed. Thank god.

• EDIT - Ensure that if you have to use it on a 3G connection, that once done you terminate the application. Otherwise, it will continue to run in the background and still suck up your data. END EDIT •

There's already threads on this, but I'm going to go ahead and make another one, as it's ****ing important, considering a lot of people are on limited data plans and are getting surprised when they see that they've used Gigs of data in days.

The anti-cheating and anti-glitching methods you have put into place are destroying the data usage for 3G users. I've talked to a few 4G folks and they claim that they are not noticing too much of a difference, but I've only been talking with guild members about this issue. In a 1 minute session, I sent 10 kb, but received 4.5 Mb of data. What this means is that for KA right now, the repeated pings you are sending our clients is literally running us at .25 Gigs / Hour of play on a 3G network. Add in the fact that it seems even when the app is in the background the data count is still running up, you have a serious ****ing issue.

While we all understand your desire to get rid of the glitches and work-arounds players have come up with, find another way, and quick. I cannot afford to open KA when I am not tethered to a Wi-Fi connection, which means that come wartime, you'll be losing a lot of revenue from folks who share the same situation I now find myself in.

Also, saying "Oh, we're working on it, but we need screenshots" is downright ridiculous. You all should be testing this game, you've been told about the issue as well as the conditions, so you should be able to replicate it. That is part of the reason the employees at GREE are being paid for, correct? Quality Control and Testing? 3G Network Devices, Your App, Extreme Data Usage on the receiving end. Over 100x the data being sent is being received. There, you have your test parameters, it only took me five minutes to determine the issue with one device, I don't see why a few techs can't use their own phones and some devices you all use to test the game to replicate the issue as well so you can pin it down and fix it. We [the players] are not meant to test for you. That's your job. Please, for the love of everything that is holy and green and welcomed as tender across the world, do it.

For a comparison, 1 hour of Kingdom Age is using more data than Skype, GroupMe, LINE, Pandora, and Safari combined in the same timeframe. There's an extreme issue there.

Also, will you fix that ******* in-game transfer system already? I don't trust any of your Customer Service folks to transfer my account.
    Last edited by Lys; 07-02-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Finally fixed!
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Post Count
    Another update. This was just me opening the application to open another Crystal Container and collecting 6 buildings that had come up. I didn't even go to the vault. About one minute passed, and this is the results I had from my statistics page.

Sent - 277 KB

Received - 10.6 MB

It's an issue on your end. Fix it.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Lys,

The teams are currently investigating this matter and we will try to update everyone as we receive more information. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Lys,

The teams are currently investigating this matter and we will try to update everyone as we receive more information. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration.
    I will say thank you, it is a very big issue, as a lot of us play on our cell connections, and have limited gigs to use.
    Daily player

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I would like to chime in as well. I was surprised that I used ALL my allotted 5GB of data on my iPad in 3 weeks. I usually only use 3GB in a month. Kingdom Age ALONE is responsible for 2.9GB of data in 3 weeks! Ridiculous! Right now I have about a week before my next cycle and I'm throttled to a painfully slow 15kb/s because of this.

Post Count
    Problem still happening. Just to open KA, open box, collect buildings and exit KA uses about 10MB. So, you will use up a full 1GB of data just to do these few simple steps about 100x. If this is not solved by the start of the war, many players will not be able to play on mobile data but only on Wifi when at home or at McDonalds, etc. IT WILL KILL THIS WEEKEND'S WAR. THIS NEEDS TO BE SOLVED QUICKLY.
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch

Post Count
    I just switched to a new iPhone and already found out my data use was increased pretty much. I thought because i was playing with my new phone a lot, but reading this thread and checking my phone: it's KA that uses 90% of my date. What the... As stated before, this is a serious issue Gree!

Post Count

Wink

I had been suspicious that something was going on. Thanks for confirming it guys. Sounds like Gree owes us all a mountain of Gems to make up for extra data costs

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Wow, is this the reason I was exceeding for the first time my data plan?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin (ESq) View Post
    I had been suspicious that something was going on. Thanks for confirming it guys. Sounds like Gree owes us all a mountain of Gems to make up for extra data costs
    Maybe if you open a ticket from your device on this issue, they might do something along those lines. As it dose effect only a portion of us(maybe 50%) as the rest use wifi.
    Daily player

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    LOL, I play all day every day on my iphone and my phone bill will be double it's normal cost. I sure hope you are going to fix this and put the mountain of gems we could have bought with the $$ back in our accounts. Or was that what the little crappy 2 potions was for?

Now i understand why my battery would drain so quickly. Had to make sure the phone was fully charged before heading home. It would also explain why my phone would get hot so quickly.

Wow, this enhancement to fix a bug, definitely caused a much bigger problem for the entire user community.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    With all the proformence tools available from apple development to game programmers, should be easy to track down, more so with all the support tickets you also received. I realize this has come about while attempting to secure the game,but there must be a different way to do it.
    Would be great if we could get a update on this issue.
    Daily player

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin (ESq) View Post
    2nd that, show us the Gems for ALL the DATA used !

Post Count
    GREE - is the problem solved or not. Some feedback would be appreciated!
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch