Nomadic Traders display issue will be fixed in next game update

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomadic Traders display issue will be fixed in next game update

Nomadic Traders display issue will be fixed in next game update

Hey all,

We've had a fair amount of confusion on the glitch with the Nomadic Traders building, and I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page about what was going on there since there is a fix coming.

The Nomadic Trader is the first boost building we have ever released as a limited time building. It is also the first time we have had two buildings that provided the same type of boost. There turned out to be a bug that would give an unintended and unadvertised +100% magic power boost when someone had both a Temple and a Nomadic Trader. To clear up a few points:

-The actual, intended, and messaged in the text boost of the Nomadic Trader and the Temple both still work. We just removed the unintended glitched boost that was providing an extra +100% on top of that.

-That 100% bug boost was switched off server side as soon as we figured out what was going on, a day or two after the building first went out. The visible display remained because the bug is client-side, which means we need to do a game update to remove that.

-It didn't matter what level either building was. There appears to be some confusion about this. While that bug was active, you didn't have to level up either building to get that bonus, you just had to have both buildings. Two level 1s would do it. Leveling up one building or other just gave you (and still gives you) the increase stated in the update text, and speeding the process up with gems just made the upgrade complete faster like it does with any building.

-With the next client update, all the displays will be updated so that nothing is incorrectly showing a +100% boost to Magic Power that doesn't actually exist.

We do understand the frustration on both sides with this one, but we do want to stress again that this boost was a bug (it was not intended, and was not an advertised part of the bonus) and that we have addressed it as fast as possible given the technical constraints. We do apologize for any confusion that has resulted from this bug.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    CJ -- Thanks for the update. Any idea when the bug fix update will be out? Will we have the issue during the upcoming war?

Post Count
    Please can you give a update why only some got a refund of there gems.but others got there gems back what the difference who should get there refund and who does not.in my opinion if you refund one person for a bug that was caused by Gree you refund everyone not play favourites.i would post proof but you didn't like this before and quickly deleted the thread.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    So if the fix is not done before war - how should we compare stats? Are there ways to observe the actual stats?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    So if the fix is not done before war - how should we compare stats? Are there ways to observe the actual stats?
    If this a display issue , then we really don't know our actual stats . So there might be a lot of unfavorable battle outcomes as the 100% boost is different for every player . So you might attack someone who looks like they are 1 mil different from you but might be higher , or 2 mil lower

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    If this a display issue , then we really don't know our actual stats . So there might be a lot of unfavorable battle outcomes as the 100% boost is different for every player . So you might attack someone who looks like they are 1 mil different from you but might be higher , or 2 mil lower
    For most folks, that 100% Magic A/D glitch is around 25% of your total stats. It varies from person to person depending on your actual unit composition and current boosts, but it's a nice chunk of what is displayed. During war, I'll personally be playing it safe and act as if I only had 70% of my displayed stats, even though it's probably less of an impact. If you recall how much you jumped from the construction, that will help you out as well. For example, I know I jumped around 60m A when I only added that first 3 or 5 % boost. So, most of that is voided. Of course, that only helps if you noticed the jump from its construction in the first place.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    That is on top of the 20% margin. But still way too much variability to actually fight a war. People are going to flip. I think war should be delayed until this is fixed. I am dead serious. People devote their entire weekends to war and deserve to have some insight into how they are matching up.

This will give more time to weed out the potion hackers too.

Time to do the right thing!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Agree. Unless fixed delay the war.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    CJ

We need a serious answer here. I don't think most of the players understand how big of a deal this is as they want to believe they really have the inflated stats. When people start losing battles they think they should win, you will have a massive freak out. We devote our weekends to this stuff and build intel sheets and look for the margins we can win. But without stats all of this is useless. We cannot war in this environment. Please delay war, fix, or give us a workaround.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Chat room meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    CJ

We need a serious answer here. I don't think most of the players understand how big of a deal this is as they want to believe they really have the inflated stats. When people start losing battles they think they should win, you will have a massive freak out. We devote our weekends to this stuff and build intel sheets and look for the margins we can win. But without stats all of this is useless. We cannot war in this environment. Please delay war, fix, or give us a workaround.
    The rooms certainly are bewildered about why they are losing so many battles they should win - it's meltdown in a couple of the rooms I'm in - my own guild are very frustrated - some angry and I'm posting links to this thread to everyone to educate them about the issue but it's upsetting them more that it's a know problem.

Further undermining people's confidence is the emergence of screen shots of people losing to people that are scoring several thousand, upto 9k co in one hit due to massive amounts of options even with worse stats.

Confidence is being dented, I hope not too much - I have one guy on the brink of quitting mid battle because he's wasting gems on terrible losses and struggling to make our minimum cp - so he feels anyhow.

Lurker
    Post Count
    So today I couldn't get my 80 gems back from accidently purchasing a chest I didn't want, clicking out of notifications in game. I was told it was impossible even if it was a mistake to get them returned. Yet, Gree can make this colossal mistake and we're just supposed to deal with it? This war is totally messed up with all the stats being wonky.

My advice to Gree
    A) Start rethinking how you treat customers and forgive them accidental gem spendage and return gems they accidentally spent. I mean we continue to forgive Gree and keep spending and playing, right? It's a two way road.
    B) For the love of bob add a freaking confirm button to those units and items Gree has pop up when you go in game!
    C) Try and fix this war so it makes some kind of sense!

Tons of thanks!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The Joke war - an expected result - yet Nero fiddles as Rome burns - at least post some tips to workaround

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Retry - feedback error or policy change

I have made a claim for the same thing and had it returned, 300 gems in my case within 2 days. A player in my guild had the same just recently.

The splash screen do make it easy at times to accident,y purchase something when there is no confirmation screen. I'm not sure of the details of your case but they certainly can reverse the gems for accidental purchases

Quote Originally Posted by KrMaJa View Post
    So today I couldn't get my 80 gems back from accidently purchasing a chest I didn't want, clicking out of notifications in game. I was told it was impossible even if it was a mistake to get them returned. Yet, Gree can make this colossal mistake and we're just supposed to deal with it? This war is totally messed up with all the stats being wonky.

My advice to Gree
    A) Start rethinking how you treat customers and forgive them accidental gem spendage and return gems they accidentally spent. I mean we continue to forgive Gree and keep spending and playing, right? It's a two way road.
    B) For the love of bob add a freaking confirm button to those units and items Gree has pop up when you go in game!
    C) Try and fix this war so it makes some kind of sense!

Tons of thanks!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all,

-That 100% bug boost was switched off server side as soon as we figured out what was going on, a day or two after the building first went out. The visible display remained because the bug is client-side, which means we need to do a game update to remove that.

-With the next client update, all the displays will be updated so that nothing is incorrectly showing a +100% boost to Magic Power that doesn't actually exist.
    I just found out that my stats went down from 27m/32m to 18m/20m during in the last hour. That seems way more than the max. 25% this "bug" should cause. Also it happened today and not when you posted this message. Are there any other changes done? A guild member has the same issue.

Post Count
    As usual, no responses. Shouldn't that new Admin be all over this. He's probably quit working for Gree already.

Hurry up and sort this out, I'm sick of listening to my players talking about quitting. Simple solution, you made a mistake and released something to the live game environment that you hadn't tested properly, let us just keep the stats that we see and move on.