Data usage.. - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Data usage..

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    As stated before, there will be a tentative fix in an upcoming version. Thank you for your patience as we work on this matter.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Go into Settings. Go into Cellular.

Scroll down. At the bottom of the page is all your apps and under the name of the app is the data you have used since the last update to the IOS. At the very bottom of the page is a Reset Statistics button. Of you click that it all goes back to zero, so you can check in tomorrow to see what you used during the 24 hour period.

I went into my calendar and set it so I get a reminder every month when my next cell cycle starts, so I can track it monthly.

Remember, this only records the data used by cell service, not wireless, which is the point here. After a month you should see which apps are hogs and delete them or disable them to turn them on only when you need them. Right now I am trying to figure out how to turn off GameCenter, which isn't an app but is in the System Services button right above the Reset Statistics button at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps.
    That's awesome. Thanks!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Go into Settings. Go into Cellular.

Scroll down. At the bottom of the page is all your apps and under the name of the app is the data you have used since the last update to the IOS. At the very bottom of the page is a Reset Statistics button. Of you click that it all goes back to zero, so you can check in tomorrow to see what you used during the 24 hour period.

I went into my calendar and set it so I get a reminder every month when my next cell cycle starts, so I can track it monthly.

Remember, this only records the data used by cell service, not wireless, which is the point here. After a month you should see which apps are hogs and delete them or disable them to turn them on only when you need them. Right now I am trying to figure out how to turn off GameCenter, which isn't an app but is in the System Services button right above the Reset Statistics button at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps.
    Fair play to you max..
    I.m on android but I can still see which apps are using up all my data allowance by going into settings data usage and moving the slider to yesterday.. Cc has used only 80Mbs today.. so I think it.s getting better because I was on the game all day on my cellular data.

Post Count
    I have logged in today 3 times on cell. Collect building, play LTB, exit. 30mb. Total time maybe 5 minutes. Ugh.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    We're going to be putting a prospective fix for this into the next client update (game version 5.2).
    Has this been released yet? I just yesterday received this message from my mobile phone provider:

ATT Free Msg: Your data usage on your 4G LTE smartphn is near 5GB this month. Exceeding 5GB during this or future billing cycles will result in reduced data speeds, though you will still be able to email & surf the web. Wi-Fi helps you avoid reduced speeds. Visit www.att.com/datainfo or call 866-344-7584 for more info.
    I will send in ticket today. Per instructions received on this thread, I checked my usage on my IOS apps, and CC was over 12GB since my last reset (a few months ago). I reset it 2 days ago and have already racked up 51MB with VERY LITTLE playing over mobile access...was at home on wifi almost all weekend. I am now in the boat where I NEED this to be fixed to continue playing.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    since septemper 18th 2013 at 19:34 CC has used 2gb of mobile data on my device. its the battery destroying that bugs me.
    I don't care if you agree with my opinion, its my opinion so move on and find someone who cares.

rough stats:- level 257 - 9att 4.5def - 322mil iph

Post Count
    My data usage spiked per Verizons records about the time I upgraded from a 4s to a 5s. Looking at data usage, CC is the worst of the Gree games, but the others are hogs too. I will be interested to see what a clean months of data will look like. Now I am on a business trip with limited access to my phone because I am down to my last half gig of ram for the next 4 days. No Gree for me!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    since septemper 18th 2013 at 19:34 CC has used 2gb of mobile data on my device. its the battery destroying that bugs me.
    Get a battery case. You will not regret it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I don't like cases on my phones, i'm also super glad that both my home connection and mobile contract are completely unlimited with no fair usage policy.

my mobile provider

http://blog.three.co.uk/2010/12/15/n...-the-one-plan/
    I don't care if you agree with my opinion, its my opinion so move on and find someone who cares.

rough stats:- level 257 - 9att 4.5def - 322mil iph

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    I don't like cases on my phones, i'm also super glad that both my home connection and mobile contract are completely unlimited with no fair usage policy.

my mobile provider

http://blog.three.co.uk/2010/12/15/n...-the-one-plan/
    I used to have a battery case and loved it. However, I didn't like the bulkiness of it as I put my phone in my pocket a lot. I now carry around a little powerstick. It is just about as awesome as the battery case, without the bulk. The downside is, it is another item to need to carry around. In my case, I just charge it a night with my phone, and then throw it in the glove box of my car. I also keep a cord and charger in the car at all times too. I rarely run out of power now.

There are tons of power sticks available. This is just one example: http://www.amazon.com/Xtreme-88260-P.../dp/B00CZ5JCJS

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgz View Post
    I used to have a battery case and loved it. However, I didn't like the bulkiness of it as I put my phone in my pocket a lot. I now carry around a little powerstick. It is just about as awesome as the battery case, without the bulk. The downside is, it is another item to need to carry around. In my case, I just charge it a night with my phone, and then throw it in the glove box of my car. I also keep a cord and charger in the car at all times too. I rarely run out of power now.

There are tons of power sticks available. This is just one example: http://www.amazon.com/Xtreme-88260-P.../dp/B00CZ5JCJS
    Thanks for this

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yay v 5.2 .. hopefully it will fix the data usage

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion24 View Post
    Yay v 5.2 .. hopefully it will fix the data usage
    Is that ios or Android still showing 5.1,1 ere

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by -Batman- View Post
    Is that ios or Android still showing 5.1,1 ere
    I.m on Android. . Had to go to play store to update it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion24 View Post
    I.m on Android. . Had to go to play store to update it.
    Cheers I am on ios so hopefully there is a update soon and it sorts out the high data usage