Data usage.. - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Data usage..

We're investigating this right now, but we need some more info and tickets would be extremely helpful, so send those in.

Is everyone seeing this on iOS, or is anyone on Droid also seeing increased data usage from the app?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I.m on Android. . All 4 accounts are showing high data usage.
    I.m not sure how to post screen shots here but I.ll try later showing the usage for the day.
    Cheers for the response.

Post Count
    I'm on iOS and my data usage has gone up exponentially this past week. 1gb was usually fine per month, but now I've already reached 4gb a quarter of the way through the month.

U want us to spend gold and now we have to start paying our cellular carries extra per month, that's ridiculous.

Post Count
    iam on droid.... cc used to take 1gb data per month...but since last 1.5-2 months its taking over 3gb data per month and that too now i only go and collect my buildings and do some syn jobs

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Cc has taken up almost 200Mb over the last 2 days cj.. can we please get an update when this data issue will be sorted.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    We're investigating this right now, but we need some more info and tickets would be extremely helpful, so send those in.

Is everyone seeing this on iOS, or is anyone on Droid also seeing increased data usage from the app?
    ROFL! You not play your own game?
    Good job!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ticket sent with screenshot..

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Any idea when Cc will stop taken up so much data ?

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion24 View Post
    Any idea when Cc will stop taken up so much data ?
    Apologies, we don't currently have an estimated time frame for this matter. The teams are still looking into the cause and we will keep you updated as we have more information. Until then, please continue to submit tickets (those who haven't) with screenshots. Thank you all for your patience.

Post Count
    Champion24: Just curious, are you saying your data plan has a mobile limit (1GB) AND a WiFi limit (15GB)? I'm sorry I and really don't mean to dwell into your personal business I'm just trying to figure out if I understand you correctly, and if some providers are now putting limits on WiFi usage?

For what it's worth, I have unlimited data plans on mobile data, home WiFi and work WiFi. I probably pay WAY too much, but I currently like the freedom. It disturbs me to hear providers are now charging for bytes of WiFi data, if that is what you are saying.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thats right morgz.. 1Gb on the phone and €15 for 15Gbs on the mobile wifi hotspot.
    It used to be more than enough for me. . I could play Cc on all 4 devises stream hrs of football play gta online and I wouldn't have even used 10G.s in the month.
    From just playing Cc I.ve managed to use about 9.5Gbs so far and I.ve 13 days till my next cycle.
    I won't be changing service provider so unless gree figure out whats wrong with their game I.ll just have to quit playing forever.

Post Count
    I'm no tech guru, but it has been my understanding that using a device as a mobile hotspot allows other devices to connect to the one device via wifi, but the hotspot device is still connecting to the internet via wireless data (3g, 4g, LTE, etc).

So maybe cut back your CC addiction from 4 devices and stick with just one, or two at the most.

TL;DR: pretty sure connecting to a device as a wifi hotspot is not the same as connecting to the internet via wifi.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Sorry typo.. its a mobile hotshot. It does work of a cellular network but I have been using this for over 3 years and never had this problem with it. The problem is on grees side..
    I.m bored posting about this now.. fact is Cc and Mw is sucking up your data allowance and gree know about it.
    I.ll just have to cut back playing the game from now on.
    Cheers gree

We're going to be putting a prospective fix for this into the next client update (game version 5.2).