Collection of Wares

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Collection of Wares

Player Experience
    Post Count

Collection of Wares

This weekend’s Collection of Wares LTQ event that is running with the Guild: Expedition of Wares GLTQ event is a little bit different than LTQ events that we have run in the past.

The Caravan Scouts NPCs that players attack for the GLTQ have drop items to collect in order to complete the LTQ event.

Each LTQ collection potion is a fictional class item with a low %, stackable bonus. You can attack any of the 3 versions of the enemies (weak, “normal”, heroic) to try and collect the items (harder enemies have a higher drop chance). Because the player can attack any of the 3 versions of the NPCs, the LTQ will not mark which one to attack with an arrow.

You will also have a chance to collect Sandstorm Orbs and Nomad Baskets from attacking the Caravan Scout NPC. In order to get the Expedition of Wares event reward you will need to complete all of the quests in the Collection of Wares and Guild: Expedition of Wares events.

Additional notes:

-You should play the GLTQ event as normal. This will take you to the locations of each of the NPCs that are used in the LTQ event. This event works as normal except that the NPCs have drop items like our in-game NPCs; these items are for the LTQ.

-The LTQ is 5 quests to collect drop items from the NPCs. You can attack weak versions on the NPCs on the Dark Forest map, normal versions on The Cursed Graveyard map, and heroic versions on The Murky Wallows map. Heroic enemies have a higher drop rate of the items but also cost more energy to attack. All of these NPCs are attacked during the GLTQ.

-Arrows do not appear over the NPCs for the LTQ because players can choose which difficulty they would like to attack. The required number of potions becomes less on each goal and reads off of how many of these items you have in your inventory, so collecting the potions in the GLTQ before they are required will still progress you through the LTQ once that goal becomes active.

We did this to ensure that the NPCs required for the LTQ will continue to spawn. Players shouldn’t worry if they can’t see the arrows over the NPCs for the LTQ--they can still attack the enemies and progress their individual LTQ, you'll just need to determine which of the enemies (weak, normal, heroic) they would like to attack.

-Snap Opera

Post Count
    This LTQ is a ****ing pile of steaming refuse.

Different ≠ Better

Thinking is required to improve something. This is most definitely NOT an improvement.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Post Count
    If the formula worked, I would say that this was a good idea. However, like most of the "new" programming, this one failed to be interesting and functional.

Also, if it was advantageous to level up, I would be happy with the experience gained per drop.
    Last edited by Vclone; 05-23-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    The Sailing Alpacas

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Similar to the low trigger rate on previous EBs, this quest really doubles down on tedium. I don't know if this is by design, but it's the opposite of fun. I understand and value experimentation with these games. They grow stale quickly if you don't try things. But please do try to consider just how tedious a quest is before you run with it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I finally made it to 2/5.... drop rates the same and XP went up. This is the most tedious POS LTQ so far. LOL i give up. Going to enjoy my 3 day weekend now.

EDIT: DONT CHANGE THE QUEST! LEAVE IT HOW IT IS! I already got screwed on EB when gree changed the damage dealt in the middle of the quest. Just leave this one how it is.
    Last edited by NinjaHonu; 05-23-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Thumbs down New quest and EB

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaHonu View Post
    I finally made it to 2/5.... drop rates the same and XP went up. This is the most tedious POS LTQ so far. LOL i give up. Going to enjoy my 3 day weekend now.

EDIT: DONT CHANGE THE QUEST! LEAVE IT HOW IT IS! I already got screwed on EB when gree changed the damage dealt in the middle of the quest. Just leave this one how it is.
    I'm not doing New quest with the amount of Xp it gives!! AND I'm not doing the EB since they changed the Damage dealt to the EB.. Seems changes are not for the better.. But rather ruining the game

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    -The LTQ is 5 quests to collect drop items from the NPCs. You can attack weak versions on the NPCs on the Dark Forest map, normal versions on The Cursed Graveyard map, and heroic versions on The Murky Wallows map. Heroic enemies have a higher drop rate of the items but also cost more energy to attack. All of these NPCs are attacked during the GLTQ.

There's no. Heroic **** in Murky wallows

Articulate Author The red Baron's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Terrible construct. We need arrows and want the choice to go to the enimies from quest and not manual searching map and mob.
    The drop rate is much too low.
    The Red Baron TRB

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Between my 3 games, I just killed 30 Caravan Traders in the 5/5 guild quest. I got ZERO potions. According to your post, I should have gotten some drops. But 0 for 30, that sounds like a 0% chance for me. I'm not going to spend any gems on the individual LTQ if it's impossible to complete.
    Please stop doing events that depend on chance.
    Purple Squirrel

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Drops a 98% orbs!

I can get 2 orbs from one kill one with the graphics of an orb and one with the graphics of a create.

Thanks for all the orbs but this cannot be intended. Please fix it so we have a chance of finishing the quest.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

An open reply in the hopes to improve KA experience

I can only express that I am beyond disappointed , and have moved to a place of frustration that boarders on anger. This latest event with occasional drops has gone beyond adding challenge to an existing game and has ventured into a really bad place that might be the final straw for many. I do appreciate that the rewards are potentially great (additional CP damage, EB damage and other temp bonuses). But it was poorly communicated and beyond that, it is a HUGE time sync that has so many ready to give up! People's frustration level seem to be at an all-time high.

For the longest time, I have felt the game changing in a negative way. Like a frog getting boiled I continued to play even though I felt the water getting hotter and hotter. When I think back to when I started playing, this game was a terribly addictive fun diversion. It was a perfect balance of fun quests, and social interaction. But this seems to be lost now. Instead, to keep up, you needs to play almost full time and with each new event, the challenge goes up by an order of magnitude from the previous one. Also, I must add that the most recent game change where halfway through the EB the attack damage reduced by almost 30% seems to have really angered a number of people. But please understand, I love this game... I love the people in this game. Many I know (including me) are willing to spend our hard earned money on the game... But so many are leaving now because of the on-going changes that are being imposed on us. We do have a choice not to play... this is true but many us hold on to hope that we can rekindle a love that seems so distant these days.

Mattman co-founder of Warlord

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I choose not to play, I quit! Gree can say goodbye to my 2k usd/month