DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We hate drop quests and the unfair box opening rate

Articulate Author The red Baron's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

We hate drop quests and the unfair box opening rate

Why drop quests. It needs a lot of time to kill 50 mobs individual lv 1 , but much more to get 50 drops.
    One of our guild had 20 kills and no drop, other get 30% drops.

Please stop this nonsense as as usual the GREE random generator works bad.

It is the same with box openings sometime we get up to 10 sorry in a row with gold openings.
    Much too much for random 50% what would be the fair chance its called.
    The Red Baron TRB

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    box events suck. For some reason I keep doing them. This one was the worst one I have ever done for sure. took me to 63 scarves before I got the 8th unit. very bad rate.

and yes, drop quests are awful.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    10% drop rate or less....

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Im at almost 7k energy into this quest and i have 13/50 on lvl 1. I have never not finished a quest with a boost, but screw this one. Just boring and aggravating to do. Gree, you really should think about trying to listen to your customers once in a great while. After the storm the last one of these drop quests caused it would make sense to never do another one...but...Gree...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You will need a mountain of gems for 1/5...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    random drop quests like this one is exactly what killed off monster quest, honestly you guys just do not learn.

and neither do we...

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    This is madness and it must stop.

If we focus at all on the Individual quest, they want 50 potions. Those can only be obtained from the Scouts. The Scouts are 120 energy. If every single scout dropped one (which they do not), that would be 6000 energy for Level 1 alone, and the prize is garbage. So I thought, there must be a way around this. And there is. A horrible, soul-sucking, mind-draining way around it. The Beginner's guild quest also has "scouts". "Weak Caravan Scouts". They are only 10 energy, but only occasionally drop a potion. So I figured, what the hell...here is the result of butchering my own brain by taking down the "weak" ones, and using only 1000 energy:

34/50. Hahahahaha. THIRTY-FOUR out of FIFTY. For LEVEL ONE. My thoughts on this were as follows: **** you, ****. **** you into the deepest, darkest pit in the history of mankind, and then **** you with a blazing hot branding iron. I am seriously dumber for having attempted this quest. I seriously think this is a test by Gree to see exactly how stupid they can make us be for the smallest possible reward, and I think this is rock bottom. It is the online equivalent of someone offering you a nickel for licking the floor of the subway. No, just no. No more.

No more "random drops" and no more blatantly cheating odds of certain events here. I have been a huge cheerleader of this game for over 6 months, but you're KILLING us here.

No Gems

I will not use gems to finish these quests. I will not use gems if I have to rely on "chance" or "luck". It does not pay off. I used gems on the golden skulls event and that was the last time. 1000 gems to get 10 skulls just didn't make sense. I'll use gems when my efforts and money will actually get me somewhere. Until I actually feel I have a legitimate shot at these events, I'll play for free and Gree will not make a dime off me.

As a side note, I have faithfully been opening one box every hour during the day pretty much without fail unless I'm sleeping. I have 10 scarves total and 3/8 units including many many duplicates of the 3 I already have. This will not entice me to spend money on the quest.

Post Count

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarTBS View Post
    This is madness and it must stop.

If we focus at all on the Individual quest, they want 50 potions. Those can only be obtained from the Scouts. The Scouts are 120 energy. If every single scout dropped one (which they do not), that would be 6000 energy for Level 1 alone, and the prize is garbage. So I thought, there must be a way around this. And there is. A horrible, soul-sucking, mind-draining way around it. The Beginner's guild quest also has "scouts". "Weak Caravan Scouts". They are only 10 energy, but only occasionally drop a potion. So I figured, what the hell...here is the result of butchering my own brain by taking down the "weak" ones, and using only 1000 energy:

34/50. Hahahahaha. THIRTY-FOUR out of FIFTY. For LEVEL ONE. My thoughts on this were as follows: **** you, ****. **** you into the deepest, darkest pit in the history of mankind, and then **** you with a blazing hot branding iron. I am seriously dumber for having attempted this quest. I seriously think this is a test by Gree to see exactly how stupid they can make us be for the smallest possible reward, and I think this is rock bottom. It is the online equivalent of someone offering you a nickel for licking the floor of the subway. No, just no. No more.

No more "random drops" and no more blatantly cheating odds of certain events here. I have been a huge cheerleader of this game for over 6 months, but you're KILLING us here.
    Thank you for both making me laugh very hard and for also removing any shred of possibility that I'm going to even open one for stupid box even with gold. Fjuck them!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I fully agree, there's something wrong hear..it's also the biggest box event we have ever had, but the open rate is bad,and the times the same as events were you need 10 to compleat...but on this one you need 50, and then some.
    And the drop rate on the gltq is just as bad...1600 energy spent 3 potions....that's bad
    Daily player

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Just to make everyone aware, I decided to do the beginner GQ and, it appears that the weak caravan scout in The Dark Forest is dropping the needed Oaisis Potions (for the normal GQ) at the rate of about 2 in 10 kills plus, it is dropping orbs almost every other kill. All this for 10 energy and 1 xp. More than one way to skin a cat! Go get um!

Oh, I forgot to mention, it is re-populating, even after you are done with the step in beginner GQ!! (That's the nice part!)

Edit: Well, maybe one in ten at best, for the potions but, the orbs are pretty consistent!
    Last edited by Greybeard; 05-25-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Post Count
    Welcome to two days ago. We all know that already.

On another note, once you get to 2/5 the "weak" version drop rate of the cactus potions is much, much lower than the oasis potions. Something like 1 in 15 or 1 in 20 for me. Still better than the normal version. If the cactus potions didn't give bonus points in the next war there is no way in hell I'd be doing this damn LTQ. There's no chance I'll go past 2/5 once I have my 40 cactus potions, though.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Sorry, I have been sporadically playing and rarely checking the boards since there isn't usually any useful info here. I gave up on normal as soon as it started and just thought about doing beginners. I was surprised at all the orbs dropping and the occasional potion was nice too.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogs Pizza View Post
    random drop quests like this one is exactly what killed off monster quest, honestly you guys just do not learn.

and neither do we...
    Some have learned, some have not. As long as a large number of individuals continue to spend thousands of gems EACH, GREE will continue to run this type of quest.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    Welcome to two days ago. We all know that already.

On another note, once you get to 2/5 the "weak" version drop rate of the cactus potions is much, much lower than the oasis potions. Something like 1 in 15 or 1 in 20 for me. Still better than the normal version. If the cactus potions didn't give bonus points in the next war there is no way in hell I'd be doing this damn LTQ. There's no chance I'll go past 2/5 once I have my 40 cactus potions, though.
    Bob, where is the weak version for the cactus potion. I am already on 4/5 on beginner and I am past those mobs. Don't remember what they were and where they were at. Thanks!