Glitch with boost building, please read

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glitch with boost building, please read

Glitch with boost building, please read

Hey all,

In the course of investigating some reports about the Trader, we discovered that if you have both a Nomadic Trader and a Temple, it would incorrectly display an additional +100% magic power bonus due to a visual glitch. This was an unintended bug related to having two boost buildings of the same bonus type, which we will be correcting in an upcoming binary. We apologize for the confusion in the meantime.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Some people used the giant stat bump and raced thru the boss event while others did not. You have changed the rules again in the middle of an event thus giving some players an unfair advantage. When there is an unintended result from something you release in this game you need to either stop the event right then and fix it or let it play out until the end of the event, otherwise some players get burned and others are benefit.

This goes both ways, in the past you have changed the xp per hit after some players finished an event and received a ton of xp and those finishing later received much less. Or in this case some were able to use a massive stat bump to finish an event easily while others now are competing in the same event but with different rules.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all,

In the course of investigating some reports about the Trader, we discovered that if you have both a Nomadic Trader and a Temple, it would incorrectly display an additional +100% magic power bonus due to a visual glitch. This was an unintended bug related to having two boost buildings of the same bonus type, which we will be correcting in an upcoming binary. We apologize for the confusion in the meantime.
    So can you give us a little more information on what exactly this means? What exactly are our correct stats now, and what they be after the "fix"? It is kind of hard to attack, raid, and go to war when we don't know what our real stats are and what our opponents real stats are.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I agree with Dogs Pizza. It's incredibly unfair to fix a problem mid event. Wait until the event is over to make the repairs. In fact, several people also used gems to speed these buildings to get the boost. If you undo the boost, I think you will also have to credit back those gems!

Not taking the fact that there was an event going on or how that would be impacted was an oversight on our part (we were in "bug squish" mode). We can't turn the glitch back on though.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Not taking the fact that there was an event going on or how that would be impacted was an oversight on our part (we were in "bug squish" mode). We can't turn the glitch back on though.
    Great. Thank you for admitting the (second and compounding) error. Since you can't turn the glitch back on, what is your plan for those of us who were negatively impacted by the combined impact of the 1) bad programming and 2) the even worse decision making as it related to the "solution"? In my case, the cost was gems, gold, xp, and 3 levels that I would not have expended without the (admitted) failures of the folks at gree. All of these issues are quantifiable and the solutions are easily rectifiable with some effort on your part. I will not be so cheeky as to request the time that I wasted back.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorSwamp View Post
    Great. Thank you for admitting the (second and compounding) error. Since you can't turn the glitch back on, what is your plan for those of us who were negatively impacted by the combined impact of the 1) bad programming and 2) the even worse decision making as it related to the "solution"? In my case, the cost was gems, gold, xp, and 3 levels that I would not have expended without the (admitted) failures of the folks at gree. All of these issues are quantifiable and the solutions are easily rectifiable with some effort on your part. I will not be so cheeky as to request the time that I wasted back.
    Very eloquent. All I can say is +1
    The Sailing Alpacas

Post Count
    It's the usual story, anything that benefits the paying customer gets shutdown as soon as it can be, before an acknowledgement is made, if it's made at all and anything that dis-advantages the player gets met with the usual 'we''ll look into it' but never fix it answer.

I think there's still not been an official answer for the reason L200's couldn't get a boss to summon on the last RB or why the EB before last ended before one of the timers said it was supposed to to name a couple of examples.

I think some sort of consistency is what we are looking for.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Of course I understand that some bugs are part of any software developement but I agree with the poeple saying you can not change the rules DURING an event. Also I used gems on the building quest BECAUSE there was a huge boost on it..... Since this is false information from you Gree, I expect I will be credited the gems used on this .... Right ????

Post Count

Talking

I have the same exact question as Steph. I too used gems for the upgrade. If you're going to take the increase away are you going to refund me gems I used to upgrade the building? If not that's insane. It's Grees error. Deal with the repercussions or refund everyone's gems that paid to upgrade

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Are my stats decline when upgrading each lvl of boost building due to the initial glitch even thou Ive already received a 40mil reduction ? Profile screen shows the stats are still un corrected and going up,but opponents attack screen showed them corrected but after each lvl upgrade the stats are declining.By the time I finish upgrading the boost building my stats are going to be lower than before war..Lol

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    i laugh at the ones that used gems to upgrade the buildings, you have plenty of time to do it without gems lmao.
    Hi guys

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think ppl gemmed the building to get the stats boost faster so that they could use the stat increase for eb. But soon after gree reduced it and i guess players felt cheated about it. If we knew it was going to be like this most probably wouldnt have gemmed but we didnt know, so its understandable that some or most want their gems back. As do i..

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxker View Post
    i laugh at the ones that used gems to upgrade the buildings, you have plenty of time to do it without gems lmao.
    If that was the only active quest, I would tend to agree; however, with another active quest that was materially impacted by the stat increase, the market changed. As any economist will tell you, rationale people will make decisions differently when the market is artificially manipulated. In effect, gree was serving as the kingdom age version of Alan Greenspan-- adjusting the availability of EB damage points (interest rates) and driving up the purchase of gems/building upgrades (home purchases). To continue the metaphor-- imagine if the FED reduced interest rates to 1%, you bought a house based on that agreement, then post hoc the government overrode your contract and charged you 10%. You may be fairly upset that you are stuck with that house at that price point and would be rightly irate with the group at fault.

Post Count
    CJ, isn't it possible for GREE that there will be NO event for a certain amount of days / a week and that the developers will have time to finally deliver us a well programmed and tested version. It is getting pretty ****ty for the players that every event and update you guys bring up is buggy / glitches or whatever. Players are getting annoyed, you all get a lot of complains (just only watching these threads).