Squeezing the juice from the turnip...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeezing the juice from the turnip...

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Squeezing the juice from the turnip...

I consider myself an average stat player to maybe slightly above for my daily level of play. A sometimes gold user if it helps the faction but have been playing since December 2011. I have 4300 energy and a +10 energy regen. More than anyone in my faction. These ILTQ events have gotten out of hand for the average player. We make up around 85% of the users in game however the goals are out of reach for most of us. This current ILTQ will cost me 550 gold or around half a vault to complete. That is a sum I cannot part with to complete an individual quest.

I am asking, not complaining, that Gree please consider the majority of game users when determining total energy required for these events. I would gladly spend a little to ensure completion or speed up completion of an event. But when you make it so that I cannot come even close to finishing without a large gold purchase you squeeze the fun out of gameplay. It should not be a requirement to spend gold o complete events but rather an incentive to complete quicker or to finish the last levels due to time lost for sleep and work.

I know you are a business but loyal customer support is the bedrock upon which any successful company is founded. I hope that you start to take into account the majority of the users when you set further requirements in these events.

Banned
    Post Count
    Nice plead, Cobra, but you know there will be no response, it's a train rolling down the hill and the machinist isn't there to do anything about it... Might as well just enjoy doing those only until the level you can complete for free, maybe an occasional refill to just finish for some prize and forget about it - in just a few days after WD there will be another one with insane requirements, then another, and another...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Stop participating in events that don't make sense to you. I'm sitting this one out because it makes no sense to waste your time and to level up unless you can complete the prestige mode and get the end unit. So just don't do it. Gree understands only one language - the language of $$. Stop buying gold and stop participating in events that require a lot of gold. These ltq events have gotten out of hand for only one reason: people keep spending big $$ to complete them. You can't ask gree to stop doing the events that bring them big $$, but you can stop buying gold.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I understand and agree with your sentiment Shrinko that the choice is mine to participate or not participate in events due to their obvious drawbacks. However, the root of this is that it is a game. A game that is played. I want to continue to participate and play the game, not be forced to sit idly by and not play. My plea, while deaf ears it may fall, is for gree to refocus on the foundational elements that this is a game we choose to play and participate in. I want to play the game however with these obscenely unattainable requirements it is difficult to continue to play all facets of the game.

The rash decision is to stop buying gold all together but that solves nothing and could lead to the ultimate removal of the game. I enjoy playing this game and the friends I have made whilst playing. I don't want that to end.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    They don't understand the language of reason. The only language they understand is the language of the money. If you stop spending gold for certain events, they will kill these events. If you stop spending gold on itqs requiring a ton of energy, they'll kill those events. Haven't you learned yet that they don't care what we got to say? This ltq wasn't even scheduled. They just threw it in to make some extra money this month.

Btw I agree with what you are saying, but gree is not going to listen. I remember when it only took about 100 gold to get the highest unit in an event and I would love to gree bring those times back. I would spend a few $$ to complete an event, but I'm not spending the money that they require at this time and I would sit out events like this one. Most people in my faction are doing the same thing.

Post Count
    Does anyone here know how to program a game like this?

Banned
    Post Count
    They moved on from turnips to rocks a long time ago..

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MblaZ View Post
    Nice plead, Cobra, but you know there will be no response, it's a train rolling down the hill and the machinist isn't there to do anything about it... Might as well just enjoy doing those only until the level you can complete for free, maybe an occasional refill to just finish for some prize and forget about it - in just a few days after WD there will be another one with insane requirements, then another, and another...
    If the intention is not to finish the LTQ, don't even start doing it. The units in between ain't worth it. Cause you to level up and get hit more often from people on higher level. If you do it, then finishing it is the only way...but given the amount of energies required, I would say, take a few days break...it will worth much more than the crappy units that they are giving out.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Does anyone here know how to program a game like this?
    Very true. Would rather pay a programmer the money that I am buying gold now to come out with a similar game less the amount of problems that this app is providing to the customers.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
    I consider myself an average stat player to maybe slightly above for my daily level of play. A sometimes gold user if it helps the faction but have been playing since December 2011. I have 4300 energy and a +10 energy regen. More than anyone in my faction. These ILTQ events have gotten out of hand for the average player. We make up around 85% of the users in game however the goals are out of reach for most of us. This current ILTQ will cost me 550 gold or around half a vault to complete. That is a sum I cannot part with to complete an individual quest.

I am asking, not complaining, that Gree please consider the majority of game users when determining total energy required for these events. I would gladly spend a little to ensure completion or speed up completion of an event. But when you make it so that I cannot come even close to finishing without a large gold purchase you squeeze the fun out of gameplay. It should not be a requirement to spend gold o complete events but rather an incentive to complete quicker or to finish the last levels due to time lost for sleep and work.

I know you are a business but loyal customer support is the bedrock upon which any successful company is founded. I hope that you start to take into account the majority of the users when you set further requirements in these events.
    The energy requirements are crazy and they only increase making any value you thought you would get from spending tons of gold to get better energy regen pointless.

Back when the first 100k unit came out, the Omega War Chopper, I spent around 3 vaults to get it because of the +4 energy regen. My thinking was that it would be a great long term investment and would save gold down the line. However, that was not the case because rather than energy requirements staying about the same for LTQs Gree boosted the requirements which made completing or getting close to completed free not possible.

When units are added now obtaining them is required just to keep pace or close but you don't get an advantage from them like you would expect from a game. New energy regen unit = higher costing LTQs; great attack boost units offered = much higher epic boss health.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Exactly! In the past, they only required a small amount of gold to get the final unit, but even if you didn't get to the final unit, you would still get nice unit. It used to make sense to participate in ltqs. Now, you get crappy units most of which are completely useless, so you waste energy and time for nothing if you don't get the final unit. So unless you are willing to pay a ton of real money to get the final unit, it doesn't make any sense to participate in ltqs anymore. If you don't participate, you are not playing the game, so what's the point of having the game that you can't play? Answer that gree.

Post Count
    550 gold to complete a iLTQ isn't half bad

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyminiMW View Post
    550 gold to complete a iLTQ isn't half bad
    That's almost $50 to complete 1 two-day event and get 1 good unit? Yeah, that's really good. Go for it man!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinko View Post
    Stop participating in events that don't make sense to you. I'm sitting this one out because it makes no sense to waste your time and to level up unless you can complete the prestige mode and get the end unit. So just don't do it. Gree understands only one language - the language of $$. Stop buying gold and stop participating in events that require a lot of gold. These ltq events have gotten out of hand for only one reason: people keep spending big $$ to complete them. You can't ask gree to stop doing the events that bring them big $$, but you can stop buying gold.
    I agree. I can't afford to play this event. It would cost me a ton of gold and my regen is just too low.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo13 View Post
    Very true. Would rather pay a programmer the money that I am buying gold now to come out with a similar game less the amount of problems that this app is providing to the customers.
    Thats my plan. I'm looking to put a team of artist and programmers to make a clone of this game based on the movie Im making. It will be much better than this. I can handle most of the art stuff but help would be nice.

Im looking to make a GREE killer and I need help doing it.