Surge in data usage! - Page 25

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Surge in data usage!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpr View Post
    Did notice that the alliance member increase bonus doesn't seem to work now though. I've got +18 and profile reads that my attack is 74m, but when I raid, it is only showing 500 allies and that my Atk is only 73m.

So...thank you for fixing the data usage issue. Took two months, but a hopefully the pain is over.
    Doesn't work on raids just attacks pretty sure its always been that way, it's been brought up before, just like they don't do anything defensively either.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I think this May have been fixed with the iOS update today. Reset counters. Logged in, did raid boss. Collected cash and read chat. Drum roll...............655kb! Not mb, not g, but kb!! Went back in and raided three people, cleaned up posts in chat....and it only went to 1.9mb. So sweet!

So...thank you for fixing the data usage issue. Took two months, but a hopefully the pain is over.

Unfortunately, I can not say the same. If anything it's gone up even more today.

Does location have anything to do with it? I'm from Australia
    the original crack

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by wet crack View Post
    Unfortunately, I can not say the same. If anything it's gone up even more today.

I'm in Australia also and my data usage because of MW is out of control.

Whatever they have done in the last two months needs to be undone. Go back to how it was prior to that. Never had an issue then.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by wet crack View Post
    I know Europeans in my faction have also been complaining about the data use. The fix I was referencing was an iOS update. Was it made available to you yet? I think it was 4.2.1, but will need to dbl check.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Doesn't work on raids just attacks pretty sure its always been that way, it's been brought up before, just like they don't do anything defensively either.
    Thanks Maz, never noticed it on raids before. After the iOS update I was in full QA mode. Less worried about that part as I am that the data issue may be fixed now. Verizon isn't. They have been quite happy with the situation for the last two months

Post Count
    I'd suggest you check why MW 'phones home' to 5 or 6 different internet addresses when starting the game, and at regular intervals during normal game play. I can understand Tapjoy etc. but why are we connecting to AD servers?

Do these companies really need to know our ID's for tracking?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mickymacirl View Post
    I'd suggest you check why MW 'phones home' to 5 or 6 different internet addresses when starting the game, and at regular intervals during normal game play. I can understand Tapjoy etc. but why are we connecting to AD servers?

Do these companies really need to know our ID's for tracking?
    How'd you see this? And speak slowly...I'm about as technically savvy as a 2nd grade science project. And I had someone else help with the volcano.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have quit playing one of my toons because of cell data usage is still insane. And since iOS is having major issues with wifi since the 7.1.1 update (wifi Greys out won't access) I have quit playing with that account until something is done by Gree to fix this.

Lurker
    Post Count
    http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ack-Data-Surge

Lotsa peeps view this thread. Please post your comments regarding the 'official feedback'
    the original crack

Banned
    Post Count
    Sidetracking here. Thanks for the warning on 7.1.1. I was just considering updating, but now I know not to.

Post Count
    I started a new topic on this subject only to have gree shut it down.. It's obvious they are frustrated with the problem and cannot find an easy fix. They must be inundated with complaints about it. As for me I'm just collecting and upgrading money buildings for the time being (still costs a lot of data) but I'm hoping it's sorted soon, if not I'm packing up and shipping out..

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger666 View Post
    I started a new topic on this subject only to have gree shut it down.. It's obvious they are frustrated with the problem and cannot find an easy fix. They must be inundated with complaints about it. As for me I'm just collecting and upgrading money buildings for the time being (still costs a lot of data) but I'm hoping it's sorted soon, if not I'm packing up and shipping out..
    No its obvious that any duplicate thread will be shut down, happens all the time.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger666 View Post
    ) but I'm hoping it's sorted soon.
    Soon? I hope its fixed way before that......soon is a long time in the land of gree

Lurker
    Post Count

data usage

Tadaah...is this a forgotten issue?
    As long as there is a profit from this data surge this issue will not be fixed. That is just my opinion.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Please direct all conversation on this topic here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ack-Data-Surge