Surge in data usage! - Page 15

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Surge in data usage!

Post Count
    Bump.. Cmon Gree!!!!! This is ridiculous.
    "If our Founding Fathers wanted us to care about the rest of the world, they wouldn't have declared their independence from it." -- Stephen Colbert

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Cost me over $80 in data overages last month. GREE PLEASE TALK TO US!! Why is this happening?

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    As stated previously in this thread, a fix is in the works and will be out with the next major update. Unfortunately, we cannot give you an exact date on when this update will occur. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    As stated previously in this thread, a fix is in the works and will be out with the next major update. Unfortunately, we cannot give you an exact date on when this update will occur. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.
    Mean while we are all having 6+ GB per cycle and paying out to our providers.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Web323 View Post
    Mean while we are all having 6+ GB per cycle and paying out to our providers.
    my jetpack from Verizon used up 50 gig data this month - it is normally around 10 gig!

Wow - that's an extra $250 on my Verizon Bill this month :/
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    my jetpack from Verizon used up 50 gig data this month - it is normally around 10 gig!

Wow - that's an extra $250 on my Verizon Bill this month :/
    Ouch, I only hit 10 GB and paid for the extra 4 GB
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Lurker
    Post Count

Insane

This should have never taken this long to fix. This is a MASSIVE data bleed. This is the kind of thing that gets apps banned from iTunes. Verizon sent me an email about Modern War, telling me to stop using it. Unbelievable that we still have to wait for this to be fixed. What's Gree's intention of reimbursing us for blowing up our data plan? Maybe iTunes can help us since we're not getting anywhere here. Others in my faction have been banned from using work wifi because of MW data bleed. They've blocked the app altogether. It's been 30 days already, no one is patient anymore.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Teague1007 View Post
    This should have never taken this long to fix. This is a MASSIVE data bleed. This is the kind of thing that gets apps banned from iTunes. Verizon sent me an email about Modern War, telling me to stop using it. Unbelievable that we still have to wait for this to be fixed. What's Gree's intention of reimbursing us for blowing up our data plan? Maybe iTunes can help us since we're not getting anywhere here. Others in my faction have been banned from using work wifi because of MW data bleed. They've blocked the app altogether. It's been 30 days already, no one is patient anymore.
    Yeah I'm sure Verizon really wants to stop a company from using their service and cut your usage and bill. Next story please

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimAmoeba View Post
    Yeah I'm sure Verizon really wants to stop a company from using their service and cut your usage and bill. Next story please

Maybe you have unlimited service. Most do not. Move along regardless.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Maybe you have unlimited service. Most do not. Move along regardless.
    No unlimited here. Like I said make up another story. Verizon really telling you to not use an app, thats a first. Congratulations to you and your made up story. Show me one app that was banned from iTunes for using too much data? Doesn't exist does it

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Gree where are youse on this?. Update us now.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Gree where are youse on this?. Update us now.
    You just had an update, they don't need to tell you anything. Like they have said many times, iTunes is approving the next update. If you don't know, it does take a while when a new version is launched. This isn't just a hotfix
    Last edited by GrimAmoeba; 06-18-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    This is not an update. We already know nothing and looky here. Nothing. What in game function is causing the data bleed so we can at least try to work around it. I used more than 9gb of data last month. Is it ads?. It's it server syncing and there is nothing we can do?. Is it constantly reloading temp files?. Let us know what you guys know. Cost me over $100.00 so far
    Last edited by bam bam.; 06-18-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    QUOTE=Tadaaah;1325539]As stated previously in this thread, a fix is in the works and will be out with the next major update. [/QUOTE]

Yes but soon was also mentioned and it certainly hasnt been that. Though you have fixed issues that effect you quickly enough.

What's Gree's intention of reimbursing us for blowing up our data plan?
    I think we all know the answer to that one.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    There is no fix, they aren't doing anything about it. Tadaah is spewing garbage to try and ease everyone up.