Surge in data usage!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Surge in data usage!

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Question Surge in data usage!

has anyone else noticed a surge in the data usage for modern war in the last 2 months or so?

I mean A LOT!

it seems a simple / quick check is upwards of 50m

for those folks with um-limited data plans, some are getting killed!

gree, do you do analysis of the usage? can you provide any stats of what an active player, say 10x logins daily, some scouting, hitting, checking buildings, and such may look like for usage on a player with a fair sized army. 10k units, all standard buildings and almost all of the limiteds.

thanks for the info.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yes had to upgrade my plan this month, didn't know what was causing it. No change of usage on my side

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Really good observation. I've had the same surge. Hella expensive for those of us without unlimited data.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Looks like another reason.

Post Count
    I have also had to upgrade my data plan from 2gig a month to 3gig a month and seem to be hitting that limit as well. I haven't really changed what I use my phone for so I would like to know if the developers have changed the data requirements for this game.

though I have changed from Palringo to Groupme for coms, can anyone else tell me know if Groupme is more data hungry?
    Last edited by Badvock; 05-20-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: additional info
    If you take a chance and succeed, it was worth it.

If you take a chance and fail, try again.

Post Count
    Huge growth in usage

Full Assault seemed to be the main contributor

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Our group uses neither pal or gm. And their usage is through the roof.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Wow... Good observation man. Glad you made this post. As I've been charged $30 this month for 2 extra gigs. Didn't know why.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Wow! This is new angle that no one saw it before. Good on you FromAFar.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have noticed it aswell. If you don't already have unlimited data and don't want to pay for it, a good option is to switch to T-Mobile if you have it in your area. When I go over my 2gigs I don't get charged they just slow down the connection. The slowed connection is still able to play MW though

Lurker
    Post Count
    I have noticed this as well but did not know what was causing it, good observation. After checking MW is using 2 to 3 times more data than previous months. And the last few months I have been playing less at work because I need to focus on work more. It could be FA and also the push notifications.

Gree we need this addressed

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    2 gigs ? Wow - you guys got off cheap - I have a 30 gig plan and had to bump up to 50 gig - but then again - I have a 20 y/o daughter who texts / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram like every 13 seconds :/
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I too got hit. GREE closed my ticket saying all is fine. A very wise and intelligent person taught me how to check the data usage on my iPad. 1. Shut off cellular. 2. Close all apps. 3. Reset usage calculator. 4. Turn on cellular and use a single app for a set period of time. 5. Review.

Did this for MW. I collected cash, raided single map target, posted note in chat, then left ipad in sleep mode. Had a stop watch going and at 10 minutes, reviewed. 100mb!!!! Only MW running. I replied to my ticket with this. No response.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Thank God for being grandfathered in on old school unlimited plans

...I wonder if their efforts at fixing certain *ahem* energy issues have consequently increased data usage

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    Ever since I upgraded to iphone 5S (from 4s), my data usage has doubled... and it is all due to "DNS Services"

I reset my stats 48 hours ago, since then it says I have used a total of 918 MB and 829 MB of it was DNS Services, MW as 56 mb... I have barely been on my phone at all (without wifi) in that period.. makes no sense to me..

Before I reset it the other day my total data said 12.7 gigs and 8.2 of it was dns services.. crazy!!!