Surge in data usage! - Page 9

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Surge in data usage!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have no idea, the fact is I don't need to know. I just want to play the game without having to figure these things out.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Let me me make it nice and simple..... If i dont have the data to play, i wont!

Please fix it.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Mods lets put this in simple terms for you, if you do not supply us with answers we will soon start to be abusive as that is the only way to get you (gree as a company) to reply..........so pull your ****in finger out your ****in arses and sort this ****in issue out and tell us what the **** is goin on. We want to play and we can not because this is ****ed up!!!!!

Post Count
    Richard,
    The message isn't helpful.
    A helpful message is, "Clash of Clans has no data surge issues, runs glitch free and is just as fun."
    SKILLZONE 773520110.
    Maxed Health Regen time.
    Maxed Infantry Defense
    Maxed Ground Defense
    Maxed Air Defense
    Maxed Sea Defense
    Maxed Defense from Buildings.
    Maxed Building output
    Maxed Infantry Attack
    Maxed Ground Attack
    Maxed Air Attack
    Maxed Sea Attack
    Maxed casualty rate
    GROUPME required
    PM for more info; always recruiting

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I've set new highs in data usage on my 4 accounts 10-12 days into the month, costing me $90 in over usage charges so far, and more to come. On my main acct, MW alone used 13.3GB in 14 days - wow! I'm at 4-5GB of M w only usage 1/2 way into my data plan's month.

OK, so iOS 4.2 is going to fix this, fine. Taddah, what is the current estimated date that Gree hopes to release 4.2? This is the specific question everyone in this thread wants to know. What is your specific answer as to specifically which day, or failing that, a range of dates?

We understand that drelease dates might later slip, but lack of a date estimate given this bug is costing thousands of people overage charges on our data plans - just ain't cool. Is it a day, a week, a month? Something please. Thx!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Question: those seeing huge usage: who is your carrier? Is averyine verizon? Or is it pretty much all? AT&T ? Sprint? Tmobile? Others? Are any f the folks here , with the issue, non-USA or non-North America?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    Whoa - that is a LOT of data, and I'm not immediately aware of any changes that we'd expect to bump data usage up. We're going to check this out.

I am with AT&T and had to been on 6GB plan since November and only used half of my data plan.

I had to upgrade to 10GB. No changes in the way I use my iPad Air.

When are we getting an answer or fix Gree?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by FromAfar View Post
    Question: those seeing huge usage: who is your carrier? Is averyine verizon? Or is it pretty much all? AT&T ? Sprint? Tmobile? Others? Are any f the folks here , with the issue, non-USA or non-North America?
    I have accounts on 3 different carriers, AT&T, Verizon and Consumer Cellular, and got huge data spikes on all 3 starting over a month ago. I mostly use wifi, and had never come close to my data limits, until last month, and all due to MW.

2 iPads I use only for MW and nothing else. Both hit 4GB 1/2 way into the 30 day cycles. 1 is on AT&T and the other on Verizon. So,..., don't think it's the carriers fault!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Hello all,

As stated previously in this thread, a tentative fix will be coming in 4.2. Please remain patient just a little longer. Thanks.
    We need to know how much a little longer is please. It's now been 4 days. There will be less upset customers if your just honest. Tell us it's going to be at least 30 days, knowing we'll be upset to hear that. We will be much less upset not knowing and dragging us on for 30 more days.

In meantime now that you have identified the problem please tell us what we can do to reduce excessive data usage until the problem is fixed. Perhaps less raiding/attacking, don't or do close app out all the way, etc? Not asking for a lot, just 5mins of your time.
    Last edited by 1brent1; 06-09-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Post Count
    4 more days with no news.......... this has got to be the single most inept, screw it's customers company that i have EVER had the displeasure of coming in contact with. Dang shame that such a good game has been ruined by them.
    Last edited by Lancerdually; 06-09-2014 at 10:01 AM. Reason: typo
    I may not be your daddy, but I will still spank you.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by FromAfar View Post
    has anyone else noticed a surge in the data usage for modern war in the last 2 months or so?

I mean A LOT!

it seems a simple / quick check is upwards of 50m

for those folks with um-limited data plans, some are getting killed!

gree, do you do analysis of the usage? can you provide any stats of what an active player, say 10x logins daily, some scouting, hitting, checking buildings, and such may look like for usage on a player with a fair sized army. 10k units, all standard buildings and almost all of the limiteds.

thanks for the info.
    Have a friend at 8gb of data for the month in KA alone. Asked gree about this and got no response.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Oi fuk nuts.............are we goning to get a responce from mods or what? Do i have start posting on every thread and piss the whole community off? Answer our questions!!!! When will this be fixed
    Last edited by Richard79; 06-09-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard79 View Post
    Oi fuk nuts.............are we goning to get a responce from mods or what? Do i have start posting on every thread and piss the whole community off? Answer our questions!!!! When will this be fixed
    It cost them nothing so they care not........ may as well face the truth
    I may not be your daddy, but I will still spank you.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard79 View Post
    Said like a true child throwing a tantrum

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimAmoeba View Post
    Said like a true child throwing a tantrum

Wouldnt have to throw my toys out my pram if the gree tards answered us