Surge in data usage! - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Surge in data usage!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimAmoeba View Post
    Mine are never on yet I'm using huge amounts of data. Good idea but don't think is issue
    Mine's off too, never figured what they did. I use a data tracker app and it says I've used 13 GB of wifi data through my phone (don't watch movies or play many other games) so I'm guessing its mostly MW.
    Modern War: Fist of Fingers - 645 016 519
    Modern War: Fist of Thumbs - 849 207 626

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    If you go into Cellular settings in iOS, each app is listed individually as far as how much data has been used.

Modern War for me continues to use as much as if I was streaming Pandora. Which IMHO is way too much. Though it hasn't been as much as some others.

Hey guys, here is what we need: send a ticket to Support through the normal system, attach a screenshot showing your data usage for the app (specifically for MW). We need some hard numbers for this one.
    Last edited by CJ54; 05-28-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    lol that took 9 days and 7 pages?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    CJ..sent. Just reset my counters yesterday to see if it was still doing it so not as high as the numbers have been....but out of 165mb of data used, 162 of it was all y'all.
    Last edited by Thumpr; 05-28-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Attention to detail fail

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey guys, here is what we need: send a ticket to Support through the normal system, attach a screenshot showing your data usage for the app (specifically for MW). We need some hard numbers for this one.
    You couldn't perhaps turn on an ipad and try it for yourself?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Rex, what ails you? Using logic on gree! Shame on you.

Gree,

How big are the data sets? When you load and remove load casts of characters, how big does that get?

The guys are reporting going over for about two months. What kind of extra chatter was put in to keep the client/server in synch? That wasn't there before?

And as Rex said, can you have you're guys try this? And run a monitor package? When loading data sets? Nod sets? During WD? FA? Raid boss events? Etc.

That would seem to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    You couldn't perhaps turn on an ipad and try it for yourself?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    As usual- send a ticket.

Nothing will get done, nothing will change. Period.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Done, but really are your ppl that bad at there job?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard79 View Post
    Done, but really are your ppl that bad at there job?

Don't know, maybe they don't get paid if they try to solve a problem without a ticket number.
    I don't think they get paid solving bugs though, just paid trying

Post Count
    I cleared my data statistics (Modern War was listed at over 7GB!) and then tracked data usage for a bit.

I raided people for about 10 minutes, closed the app, checked the data usage, and Modern War already used 8MB of data. That seems like a lot for such a short period of time, obviously at that rate it will use a ton of data over time if you use the app throughout the day.

I'm not sure why the devs can't do something similar to identify the activities that seem to result in the most data usage and then take a closer look at why.

There was a similar issue with one of their other games, Beyond the Dead, a while back, and they seemed to resolve it, perhaps this issue is similar.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
    Ever since I upgraded to iphone 5S (from 4s), my data usage has doubled... and it is all due to "DNS Services"

I reset my stats 48 hours ago, since then it says I have used a total of 918 MB and 829 MB of it was DNS Services, MW as 56 mb... I have barely been on my phone at all (without wifi) in that period.. makes no sense to me..

Before I reset it the other day my total data said 12.7 gigs and 8.2 of it was dns services.. crazy!!!
    Dude I run a mail server that sends over 1/2 mill emails per day it doesn't use 8.2Gb for DNS. You've got something seriously wrong there. manually add your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 208.67.222.222. That's googles DNS and OPENDNS

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Mods......? Anything? Do you need more screen shots? What's the story?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have used 9 gigs this month. I can't do it anymore. Can't play over 3G till it's resolved. Wifi only for me

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Just crickets!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpr View Post
    Mods......? Anything? Do you need more screen shots? What's the story?