Thread: Surge in data usage!

Post Count
    Me to, pretty much done with the game

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    MODS: is there any fix in sight?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I just looked at my data consumption and i only consumed 30mb atm, my phone only have 100mb allowed daily and MW is not eating up much data,. Maybe a US problem?

Post Count
    only wd times, always use with gm and 750 mb min.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Hey Guys,

My MW data usage for this month is currently at 542MB - this doesn't include data across the Wi-Fi network. It's far and above my next app. I'm mostly a turtle in this game - I just log in to collect 12/24/48 buildings and participate in faction events.

Post Count
    First time in 6 years that i go over my data Usage! Not a happy camper...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    Whoa - that is a LOT of data, and I'm not immediately aware of any changes that we'd expect to bump data usage up. We're going to check this out.
    Will you be updating us at all? It has been 4 days.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Please provide update

No seriously... we really need an update here mods....this isnt the usual whiny issue like, 'Ghost keeps raiding my base with stuff he obviously hacked and GREE stinks and loves SUP'.

This is more like the...the freaking app has gone wild....can't afford to keep Modern War on my device anymore.....stop playing altogether type of issue. It's killing my data usage even if I'm not playing it and the iPad is in sleep mode. I can choose to or not to buy gold with you, but this is costing me money without my consent.

What is going on???
    Last edited by Thumpr; 05-28-2014 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Spell check fail

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RealLoads View Post
    I have noticed it aswell. If you don't already have unlimited data and don't want to pay for it, a good option is to switch to T-Mobile if you have it in your area. When I go over my 2gigs I don't get charged they just slow down the connection. The slowed connection is still able to play MW though
    Good luck with Raiding then or loading new NPC's! I have 1500 MB a month in the first week its Used! 64KB connection won't do! MW works with it, But KA NEVER DID.
    A reset will cost me 5 Euro, and I need 2 resets now a days with T-Mobile. I do use a hotspot from my phone to play with 2 other MW accounts! so obvious I Use more data.

I am looking for a Provider that will give me less Minutes to call, but more data a month! to start with 4GB a month

instead of 220 Minutes and only 1,5GB data! Who knows a good Sim-only provider with this?

Prefer Europian Sim-card!
    Last edited by Tournai; 05-28-2014 at 04:45 AM.
    Join The Dutch Fighters Invite Code: 291664130 Modern War

Feel free to Join the Dutch.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Hows them crickets? Its not even the weekend.

Post Count
    I warned my faction mates about this a week ago. I now have a bill for 18G of data. I spend a little bit of money on this game from time to time , that is when I choose to. I certainly don't need a bill like that one again for a stupid phone game. I don't ever remember getting data usage surcharge like that even when I download movies or music etc.

Seriously mods can we get a definitive answer on this please. ...and don't fob us off as we are able to see which apps are using bandwidth and I can assure you its is modern war. .......

Thanks in anticipation

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    bump. A real issue... my carrier is threatening to boot me off my (grandfathered unlimited data) plan or slow my data speeds down b/c MW.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree do we have an update for this issue????

Post Count
    Does turning off "PARTICLE EFFECTS" and "PARALLAX FX" make a difference? I'm lucky to be in a wifi area most of the time. (1.9 GB cell data since 5/4)
    Modern War: Fist of Fingers - 645 016 519
    Modern War: Fist of Thumbs - 849 207 626

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon View Post
    Does turning off "PARTICLE EFFECTS" and "PARALLAX FX" make a difference? I'm lucky to be in a wifi area most of the time. (1.9 GB cell data since 5/4)
    Mine are never on yet I'm using huge amounts of data. Good idea but don't think is issue