Everybody needs to calm down - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everybody needs to calm down

Consistent Contributor PhantomNine's Avatar
    Post Count
    1Shot- I agree with most of your points, but you have to admit you are not seeing the whole picture from your vantage point (level 86). I can assure you the picture will slowly start to change as you start to advance into the higher ranks and tiers.

Lurker
    Post Count

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    Gold issues: Listen, Gree has provided us with a great game. I haven't spent that much money on gold and I have some pretty good stats. I'm sick of all this "You need gold to be the best" crap. All of the events are possible to complete w/out gold. What fun is it if it's not a challenge anyways?

Bugs and glitches: I haven't experienced any huge bugs or glitches within my game, only some minor things that don't really matter. So for all that, it's your own fault.

Customer support: I do agree Gree needs to step it up in customer support, but they do respond.

Rival lists: I think this was a good change so you are matched up with people you can defeat.

Forum mods: I agree, why can't Gree get 3 or 5 mods? I'm sure we have some members that'd like to apply.

No info within the game on the forums: Since A&F left, we really haven't gotten any info for events coming up or... Anything. Why can't they find a guy to do this?

Posts deleted by Gree: The posts are obviously deleted for a reason, if it's saying something bad about Gree, why would they want that publicized? Think if you ran a website...

IP on battle of empire city: They should give higher levels more IP for hits, that ruins the point of the level.

This is just a chill down thread. Let's stop with all the hate posts stuff. Post here if you have something to say. Don't spam the whole forum with useless threads.
    I would love to know what ltq you've completed without buying gold. Your obviously not talking about Crime City. If you play more you would know more. Kiss Gree ass on your own time not ours.

Consistent Contributor J4CK D4N13L N0 7's Avatar
    Post Count
    Gold issues: Listen, Gree has provided us with a great game. I haven't spent that much money on gold and I have some pretty good stats. I'm sick of all this "You need gold to be the best" crap. All of the events are possible to complete w/out gold. What fun is it if it's not a challenge anyways?

Bugs and glitches: I haven't experienced any huge bugs or glitches within my game, only some minor things that don't really matter. So for all that, it's your own fault.

please name the last LTQ, SLTQ, WAR STREAKS, WAR 50 WINS, CASE EVENT (unless very lucky), LEADER BOARD EVENT that you completed without gold?.......
    Only the epic boss (if you were not a level 250 before this cycle and not in say a top 25 team), and the raid boss (if you are not in say a top 50 team/get outside help) are achievable without gold.

So you think it's someone fault when they hit an ltq target for the final time, and it doesn't register the hit?....despite logging out restarting the game etc only hitting it once with plenty of time for the game to register etc etc. I really hope this happens to you, or you are not credited for item drops despite them visibly being seen on the screen. Just so you know how it feels - but I guess you'd just accept it seeing as it must be your fault.

and CJ, how did you possibly come to the conclusion that no information is better than information with a couple of errors. Have you not seen the amount of complaints about not having information?
    Just post it, with a disclaimer saying this information is correct as at time of posting and is liable to change, if you notice any changes please post to help out your community friends. simple. logical. common sense.
    If you dangle the carrot the donkeys will follow, if people don't know the prizes (aka the carrots) they (aka the donkeys) will not drop a single bar of gold to find out. If the carrot is just out of reach but achievable in the end you will find a lot more donkeys spending some gold.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Jr View Post
    CJ your an idiot.
    ^^^ You're

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Like I said, it's a chill thread. I'm not here to have flame wars or argue. All the things I said were balanced things, not kissing Gree's ass.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Thanks for the balanced post, 1Shot, and I appreciate the time you took to write it. Regarding some of points:

We'll see what we can do about the forum mods. And we're sticking with the rivals list changes for the time being, because numbers-wise we've seen more players attacking/ getting engaged than before the change (again, this is by the numbers and not from the common sentiment, a lot of which is understandable given that it was a fairly fundamental change to the way a lot of people play the game).

Regarding the event posts: Those were an experiment that we started that didn't work out. For years before then, we went by the standard that almost every game sticks to: the developers release the content, but it is up to the players to spade it out. There are a couple of benefits to this, not least of which is the community participation that results when players work together to figure things out.

The problem that resulted when we started posting that information was that, due to the way the information flow works over here at the present time, the information that people posting here have access to is usually 1-2 days old, and the designers will often tweak things last minute. What that resulted in was one or two items being slightly off, or a missing row that resulted in the whole thing looking wrong, compared to what was in the game. And giving bad information is worse than no information. We went round and round about it over here, but based on what we can do at this time, we ultimately decided that it was best to cease posting event specifics until the information flow could be properly sorted.

Regarding locked/removed forum threads: I'm not sure why this suddenly came up, as we haven't locked or deleted very much at all in the last couple of weeks, unless I'm misremembering something. A quick look through the last week of forum threads will show pretty convincingly that we aren't stopping people from expressing displeasure with something in the game.
    CJ... At the very least you need to provide info as to the final units. This would free you from the problems of missing rows or incorrect units. Are devs tweaking the top units as well? People should know what they are playing for. Many people don't get splash screens when events start. It's done to put it on the community to work out the events. But two things that are important are 1) Start and end dates for events 2) What is the unit people are playing for. Not the garbage filler that you get for completing portions of events... But the top units.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...287-ranked-CLU

that thread was closed.....tell me why?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And if it is you plan to make the LTB a random release.....just tell us and we can stop asking the question. Not sure how things work in sunny Cali, but if you want people to stop asking a question than just answer it....some how.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    All of the events are possible to complete w/out gold. What fun is it if it's not a challenge anyways?
    Hmmmmm... All of the events? You sir are off your head (saying that in a nice way) if you think for 1 minute that all of the events are possible to complete without the use of gold.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dribblin todger View Post
    Hmmmmm... All of the events? You sir are off your head (saying that in a nice way) if you think for 1 minute that all of the events are possible to complete without the use of gold.
    Most of them I am able to complete without gold, but in one goal, I think the last one I collected I think it was 5 rifles and 5 knuckles or whatever they were called. I had to use at least 100-200 gold to finish collecting the rifles, it just never dropped. That was annoying. I'm not buying gold for that event ever again though.

Post Count
    Most of them I am able to complete without gold, but in one goal, I think the last one I collected I think it was 5 rifles and 5 knuckles or whatever they were called. I had to use at least 100-200 gold to finish collecting the rifles, it just never dropped. That was annoying. I'm not buying gold for that event ever again though.
    You must be new here.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    You must be new here.
    Whatever you say.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Regarding locked/removed forum threads: I'm not sure why this suddenly came up, as we haven't locked or deleted very much at all in the last couple of weeks, unless I'm misremembering something.
    @CJ:

Why was ^this^ thread locked? Too many "bumping" the thread?

As a courtesy, when a mod locks a thread, it would be helpful to post the reason why the thread was locked... so we don't have to guess or make the same mistake again.

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------

@OP: I don't mean to derail your thread by asking CJ about a locked thread... As a long-time player and forum member, I'll respond to some of your thread...

I agree with a few former posts that you need to be playing a lot longer before you start telling players to calm down. Fine, if you think you know the game, but you're much too general and inexperienced, imho.

I agree: CC is a great game! I love the game; I've been playing since CC began. But....
    ALL events are possible to complete w/out gold? lol, you've got to be kidding.

Please, entertain us with a list of the events you've finished without using gold.
    Or are you just assuming all events are doable without gold?

You prolly have some "pretty good stats" because your syndicate mates spend a lot more on gold than you do, but I am just guessing. Dead weight moochers are often booted... I'm not saying you are mooching but plenty exist.

I think some of the conflict occurs when GREE advertises their games as a "free," but we all know that one needs to spend some real money to have "pretty good stats" like you claim to have.

It’s our own fault? Huh?

*Getting a bogus “Game down for maintenance” pop-up in the middle of a time sensitive event is not my fault.

*After killing the last mob for a goal, getting a green check mark, not getting the reward, and having to kill the last mob all over again is a common bug. It wastes my energy and time when time is limited, and this is not my fault.

Again, this shows your lack of experience. Just because you haven’t experienced any bugs or glitches, that doesn't mean the rest of us haven’t... really. Those who do find bugs or glitches have this forum to post about those problems. Imho, it is sometimes better to post here than sending in a ticket every time.

Customer support: I do agree Gree needs to step it up in customer support, but they do respond.
    GREE’s CS auto-responds or closes out tickets without handling them far too often. For the most part, it’s always been that way, and there will always be some unsatisfied customers.
    I don’t expect too much to change for the better; I have had more good experiences than bad when sending in tickets. I'm very thankful when things are handled quickly in my favor. Persistence and kindness usually works.

No info within the game on the forums: Since A&F left, we really haven't gotten any info for events coming up or... Anything. Why can't they find a guy to do this?
    You posted in your first paragraph, “What fun is it if it's not a challenge anyways?”
    Apply this here... the challenge is finding out when the event is live. Have fun!

This is just a chill down thread. Let's stop with all the hate posts stuff. Post here if you have something to say. Don't spam the whole forum with useless threads.
    Your definition of “useless threads” is not my definition. I’ll continue to post a new thread, or I’ll post on a specific thread whenever specific issues come up, whether good or bad.

Besides, there are several threads just like this one, but you felt important enough to start your own, eh?
    just saying think about it.
    Line ID: clementine88

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    @CJ:

As a courtesy, when a mod locks a thread, it would be helpful to post the reason why the thread was locked... so we don't have to guess or make the same mistake again.

Thank you.

Yes, it was bumped about 30 times in a very short period of time. I'll speak with the mod in question about leaving notes when that happens.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    @CJ:

Thank you.

@OP: I don't mean to derail your thread by asking CJ about a locked thread... As a long-time player and forum member, I'll respond to some of your thread...

I agree with a few former posts that you need to be playing a lot longer before you start telling players to calm down. Fine, if you think you know the game, but you're much too general and inexperienced, imho.

I agree: CC is a great game! I love the game; I've been playing since CC began. But....
    ALL events are possible to complete w/out gold? lol, you've got to be kidding.

Please, entertain us with a list of the events you've finished without using gold.
    Or are you just assuming all events are doable without gold?

You prolly have some "pretty good stats" because your syndicate mates spend a lot more on gold than you do, but I am just guessing. Dead weight moochers are often booted... I'm not saying you are mooching but plenty exist.

I think some of the conflict occurs when GREE advertises their games as a "free," but we all know that one needs to spend some real money to have "pretty good stats" like you claim to have.

It’s our own fault? Huh?

*Getting a bogus “Game down for maintenance” pop-up in the middle of a time sensitive event is not my fault.

*After killing the last mob for a goal, getting a green check mark, not getting the reward, and having to kill the last mob all over again is a common bug. It wastes my energy and time when time is limited, and this is not my fault.

Again, this shows your lack of experience. Just because you haven’t experienced any bugs or glitches, that doesn't mean the rest of us haven’t... really. Those who do find bugs or glitches have this forum to post about those problems. Imho, it is sometimes better to post here than sending in a ticket every time.

GREE’s CS auto-responds or closes out tickets without handling them far too often. For the most part, it’s always been that way, and there will always be some unsatisfied customers.
    I don’t expect too much to change for the better; I have had more good experiences than bad when sending in tickets. I'm very thankful when things are handled quickly in my favor. Persistence and kindness usually works.

You posted in your first paragraph, “What fun is it if it's not a challenge anyways?”
    Apply this here... the challenge is finding out when the event is live. Have fun!

Your definition of “useless threads” is not my definition. I’ll continue to post a new thread, or I’ll post on a specific thread whenever specific issues come up, whether good or bad.

Besides, there are several threads just like this one, but you felt important enough to start your own, eh?
    just saying think about it.
    I corrected myself about not having to spend gold on any CC events. My post was made to be general, I don't feel like getting into the specifics... But thanks for letting me know how you felt. I'm serious, I want all opinions on this thread!