The Vault placement: we'd really like to hear from you

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vault placement: we'd really like to hear from you

The Vault placement: we'd really like to hear from you

Hey everyone, we've been discussing the Vault feedback, and wanted to lay out our original reason for moving the Vault tab and discuss what we can do about it.

So here's the reason behind the Vault move: we have a limited amount of UI space (we can't add more elements than already exist to the menu, only move them around), and the Inventory tab is about to become pretty relevant due to our ability to add consumable items to the game. Right now this only exists with the gift packs, but we are also planning on using those as additional rewards in certain events, plus some other potential uses for those and that tab

So, knowing that that UI element is about to become more important, where do you think we should move the Vault tab to? "Back to where it was" is a fine answer, but the question is, what does it replace? Since we're going to be ramping up the use of the consumable items and the Inventory screen is how you use those, we kind of don't want to lose that one, and the others are pretty important as well. Before anyone mentions it, I know that our free players are going to mention the "Add Funds" tab, but that IS pretty important to the people who chose to spend money on the game during events, to have that close at hand. It is also how we keep the game going, so there is that.

So far, things we have talked about as possibilities:

-Making the Vault tab the default screen on the profile, so it is only one click to get there. This would solve the access problem with the Vault and be the fastest and easiest fix, but we're worried people would not appreciate that either.

-Moving the Unit tab to "More" (which is also crowded) or to the profile tab.

-Moving Inventory to a profile tab or to the "More" menu (we're not sure we can move it to the profile tab without breaking things at this point, is the thing.)

We're also seeing if we can dig up some hard data about what tabs people are using most commonly versus least commonly.

And more importantly, the point of this whole thread, is that we want to hear how you all would move things around to meet your needs the best, given all the different factors outlined above. The goal is to make the UI *more* usable, not less. We're still going to have to balance any suggestions with what is technically feasible (blowing up the UI is bad).

So fire away with the constructive criticism (please keep it constructive!), and let us know how you would move things around. I know there has been lots of discussion about this in a lot of spread out separate threads, but we will be pointing more traffic at this one and want to keep all the feedback in one place to get a better idea of strength of sentiment.

Let us know.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Why not make vaulting gold automatic? That way we don't even need that button.
    Also, we know where to buy gems. We don't need that on the menu.
    Purple Squirrel

I'll talk to one of the engineers about that; there was some reason why auto-vaulting was a serious pain to implement, but you're right that it would solve the issue.

Post Count

Auto-vaulting is way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    Why not make vaulting gold automatic? That way we don't even need that button.
    Also, we know where to buy gems. We don't need that on the menu.
    Auto-vaulting is the best solution, and will save users a lot of time. You can leave the vault button in the new location, it is still needed for people to check the vault status and to upgrade the vault.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Before anyone mentions it, I know that our free players are going to mention the "Add Funds" tab, but that IS pretty important to the people who chose to spend money on the game during events, to have that close at hand.
    CJ, I'm confused as to how the new location of the "Add Funds" makes it closer at hand than the previous (and still in play) location to the right of the gems tally on the top of the screen... it has always been a quick hit for our gemmers, and honestly, placing the "Add Funds" where it is in the Menu now actually ADDS a tap, so if you really want to have the ability to buy gems etc. close at hand, leave it be in its original location, delete the tab in the MENU and put the vault there...

Easy Peasy!! :-)

edit: Okay, thought about your question about less-used tabs... if you at Gree are serious about consolidating the MENU, may I recommend you start with the store? You could combine all the various building into one Building sub-menu, and when opened it could show the Money, Unit, Defense, and Boost as tabs such as you have in the Army and Hero Equipment sub-menus (Weapons and Armor)... PLUS you could replace one of the (now-useless) building sub-menus in the Store and create a Units sub-menu, therefore moving it out of the main MENU choices....
    Last edited by Shadows; 05-08-2014 at 08:54 PM. Reason: added thoughts

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I do agree buying gems is important, but I can't say I have used the menu button once, I have always accessed the purchase screen from just taping on my gems.
    Now haveing said that.
    Would it be posable to link the gold to our vault(as a short cut)? I know right now when you tap our gold it brings up the purchase screen..but do we really need 3 differnt ways to access it?
    This way nothing has to be moved around.
    Daily player

Post Count
    CJ.

We have other areas with which to purchase gems. One that doesn't require us to even pull up the menu. I've NEVER used the add funds menu button in my life, only that little plus sign up in the top left.

As far as the most used tabs, "Profile," "Guild," "Map," and "News" are the ones I use the most. Recently though, Support, as I've been sending quite a few tickets. Honestly, nuke the Add Funds. It's quicker to hit the gold/gem display and bring up the purchasing from there. Really.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Post Count
    I am another gem buyer that has never used the "add funds" tab to make my purchases. I always use the + next to my gems total at the top of the screen, it is so much more convenient. I suggest moving the add funds into the store and combining it with the Special items available for purchase.

Another tab that can be removed easily and probably more acceptable to Gree are one of the allies tabs. Add Allies and Visit Allies both take us to different areas of the same menu, just combine them into one Allies tab like you have in LaW.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I agree with the others saying you can remove the 'add funds' in the menu. I never use it either. I do as Lys and press the plus sign where my gems are and purchase that way. Remove 'add funds' in the menu and you can put something else there.

I'd rather have my inventory in my profile and my vault in the menu where it were before, unless you can automize the gold saving, then it can stay in the profile.

And do we really need to access the inventory for refills? If my energy, health or stamina are out, there's a popup saying I can refill and if I have potions it would take from those instead of buying more with gems. And then the inventory isn't needed for that reason.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I think that these responses represent the general consensus... Remove the Add Funds from the menu and return the Vault to this location. Add Funds can be accessed from the gem and gold meters on the main screen.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Don't need the add funds button AT ALL - there is already a more accessible option for that. Put the vault back where it was, it's one of my most used options, more so than Map, Guild etc.

One option I rarely use is Units - rarely use that these days. Anyone still buying units? Not me. You could consolidate that into the store (but would probably need to also consolidate a few options in there to make space)

Post Count
    I agree with rutty^
    Hardly no one needs those Units tab (unless someone is doing the individual quests) and the worst unit you'll receive in a guild is even better than what you can buy (gold wise). So moving to store?

Auto-vaulting seems nice feature.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Agree that vault should be moved back. I would say there are 2 menu options that could be moved:
    1. Add allies and visit allies can be combined to allies. 1 free space
    2. Unit moved to store. To make room, i would combine hero equipment and army equipment. Menu is already set up with tabs so i would have 4 tabs. Army weapons, army armor, hero weapons, hero armor.

Least used button: Gamecenter. What does it do? All it does is say Welcome back <gamecenter id> and then show me achievements...which can be accessed through the ios gamecenter screen

Edit: i also go to add funds by pressig the + sign next to gem count
    Last edited by backstabber; 05-09-2014 at 06:46 AM.
    CC: 665-251-250 & 957-010-119
    MW: 204-897-942 & 471-471-888
    KA: 884-199-064 & 771-334-740

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I also agree that the ADD FUNDS menu option is redundant. Always used the "plus" sign, or just used the prompt screens that come up when you don't have enough.

Not sure about the auto-vault, though. For one thing, it's nice to find people who have forgotten, or are in the middle of something while you steal away their livelihood, and for another, what if it goes wrong? Unlikely as it may seem to some, I can envison a scenario where the programming goes wrong and gold fails to get in the vault and gets stolen.

On a positive note, i'd like to mention that my mini's (on ipods) usually crashed when viewing profile before the inventory was moved. Now they don't. In fact the game seems to be generally much more stable, especially on the ipods. Thanks for that.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    CJ, I'm confused as to how the new location of the "Add Funds" makes it closer at hand than the previous (and still in play) location to the right of the gems tally on the top of the screen... it has always been a quick hit for our gemmers, and honestly, placing the "Add Funds" where it is in the Menu now actually ADDS a tap, so if you really want to have the ability to buy gems etc. close at hand, leave it be in its original location, delete the tab in the MENU and put the vault there...

Easy Peasy!! :-)

edit: Okay, thought about your question about less-used tabs... if you at Gree are serious about consolidating the MENU, may I recommend you start with the store? You could combine all the various building into one Building sub-menu, and when opened it could show the Money, Unit, Defense, and Boost as tabs such as you have in the Army and Hero Equipment sub-menus (Weapons and Armor)... PLUS you could replace one of the (now-useless) building sub-menus in the Store and create a Units sub-menu, therefore moving it out of the main MENU choices....
    I completely agree here, that moving units to the Store and consolidating there the buildings and equipment to own sub menus would solve this easily.

And as so many have written, the fastest way to purchase gems (or gold) is from the upper screen direct menus. I used to be a frequent buyer and have never ever bought gems using the menu.