Frustrated with my Faction

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with my Faction

Lurker
    Post Count

Frustrated with my Faction

I've been with my current faction for six months now, I've always been in the top 5 points scorers in WD. I'm also in the top 5 in full assault, boss battles and in FLTQ. The problem is I've been patiently waiting to be promoted to officer. Finally after last weekends Zambia war, I scored > 100k points and finished 4th again in our faction, so I asked when I would get promoted. The leader told me he'd like to see me step up more in helping to organize events. Okay .... well in our 60 man faction there are already 20 officers, it only adds confusion if a regular member starts giving out orders. When I've been in other factions its the guys who score the points, kill the most bosses, spend the most gold who get promoted. How do most other factions decide who should be promoted?

You're probably reading this and thinking 'grow some balls, just leave the faction if you're not happy' . I do genuinely like the guys in my faction. My biggest reason for wanting to be an officer is a lot of the strategy talk and decisions are made in the officers room which I'm not a part of.

So i've thought about it & the way I see it these are my three options, i'd really appreciate some advice on what I should do:
    1. Just stick it out for another war cycle, be more active in the faction chat room & ask again about being an officer in a month
    2. Leave now and look for another faction
    3. Stay with my current faction for the regular events and then for the next WD I would approach a top 50 faction and see if they'll let me in just for the weekend (by the way if anyone reading this would consider letting me do this please let me know ... in return I will guarantee 120,000 WD points, plus 500 concrete and $1 Billion dollars).

Post Count
    leave and find another..u shouldnt have to ask to be a officer

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    i don't think officer status should be synonymous with "heavy hitter" and "biggest scorer" - there are many other things that go into becoming officer. besides officer status is overrated anyway

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I would think 20 officers is already too many.
    Generally for us, those that ask to be officers are given specific instructions (not general instructions - like be more active) on what we expect to see from them in the next few weeks to a month and then make our decision based on how well they followed instructions and did what we asked of them.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Big C View Post
    I would think 20 officers is already too many.
    Generally for us, those that ask to be officers are given specific instructions (not general instructions - like be more active) on what we expect to see from them in the next few weeks to a month and then make our decision based on how well they followed instructions and did what we asked of them.
    i agree 20 officers is overkill. it sounds like you have a fair system of choosing new officers.

Post Count
    Just score 1 million points and demand to become an officer or you will leave forever. Lmao jk. You need to seriously earn it. Be as active as you can, take the initiative. During the raid boss event, tell your leader that you need to be promoted since there are some times when a boss needs to be summoned and there are no officers around to do it (with 20 officers I doubt that) and say you would like to be promoted so you can summon too.
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    i couldn't care less about being an officer... what good does it do you when they have 20 others? I do things in the groups i'm in regardless of what status i have. I've ran groups without being told.. just provided and done all that was needed in day to day crap.

Personally if you feel ignored and under appreciated (which you should when a third of the group is an officer) I would leave them and join elsewhere.
    Justice League (Beyond The Dead)

Finished first place in every war. Recruiting active players for our 4 teams. https://groupme.com/join_group/6757157/wRRGFR

I am the Commentator of Comments

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    as a leader officer status has less to do with overall top producing, as most consistent, helping run/organize/recruit and such. there are certain members you will have to satisfy with officer status out of this due to what they have done for the team but also have to be trust worthy as officer status members can go rogue on key events even when they dont mean to

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    will also note i have made several officers that have earned it and dont want the roll due to several reasons

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    instead of whining, start you own faction !

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    come and join 'GANG RELATED'
    Faction code:-246.150.006

Quote Originally Posted by rushabhc View Post
    come and join 'GANG RELATED'
    Faction code:-246.150.006
    well that'd depend on what you had to offer him that he couldn't get at his current faction or elsewhere........

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    What advice do you want? Putting up this thread will not get your faction's attention to promote you to officer. Just tell them you want to be more active in the faction and ask them to give you the chance to put in your 2 cents worth of comment. Are you going to come here and tell us next that they are not taking your advice too?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    By the way, I just look at it that they don't value you as much as you to them. With 100k wp, you can go find a spot in the top 50 team easy.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo13 View Post
    What advice do you want? Putting up this thread will not get your faction's attention to promote you to officer. Just tell them you want to be more active in the faction and ask them to give you the chance to put in your 2 cents worth of comment. Are you going to come here and tell us next that they are not taking your advice too?
    thanks for your reply, what i meant by asking for advice was how do other factions decide on who to promote, and what are some suggestions on things I can do to help my faction to demonstrate that I'd like a promotion