Street Assault

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Street Assault

Street Assault

Well, as some of you have noticed (as in this thread here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ault-is-Coming!!!) we mistakenly left a pop-up for an upcoming new event type in the new client version of the game. We'll be removing that pop-up until we are closer to the actual launch (which won't be for a while yet, and we don't have a hard date), but in the meantime the cat is out of the bag.

A couple of things we want to clear up:

-We don't have a hard date on the event launching, it is still in the production stages and will be a ways down the road, and it will be heavily announced beforehand.

-We WILL have more information on the event when we get closer to launching it, including an update to the FAQ with information on how the event works. We will not be leaving people in the dark on the way the event functions.

-The event will NOT be identical to the Full Assault event that Modern War has seen recently, it will have some similarities but will be different. Crime City works differently gamewise, and on top of that we have already been making changes to the MW event for next time based on player feedback. We're going to be incorporating some of those feedback-based changes into the Crime City version as well.

If anyone has any other questions/ concerns, let us know. We may not be able to answer everything right at the moment due to the fact that the feature is still in production, but we will make sure you have full information when we get closer to the event.

Oh, and one more thing, it is going to be totally 100% awesome. Like, completely awesome. So awesome that we will need a new word for awesome instead of "awesome" because the definiton of awesome will already be taken.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thank for the heads up CJ. But could you tell us the "soft date" about it? For example, 1-2 war cycles, 5-6 war cycles, or next year?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Thanks for the Clarification CJ, i was not exactly sure that the Awesome prize would be anything like the weapon displayed on the pop up. I hope i didn't burst your guys bubble on posting that pop up, though. we have all been anxiously waiting for new items to come to crime city, that we could use our saved up RP, and the Street Assault is just such an event that would have us also hoping for such new items. any eta on new items though? i keep looking at those unspent RP.... as far as feedback on Full Assault. maybe another check box that indicates i don't want to see bonus items either, so its faster to deploy units. another that might help is to see how much each team has currently deployed there so i know how much i need to spend to get that node. but alas that might be part of the fun mystery part of it...

Lurker
    Post Count
    Are we to assume that new weapons will also accompany this event?

Post Count
    ^^ What he said, is the store going to be getting updated with weapons that fit the stat inflation?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think CJ's point was, everybody chill, stop asking questions about it, it's not time yet since they haven't finalized how it will work in CC. Once they start talking about it you can bombard them with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by llpbrace@gmail.com View Post
    Thank for the heads up CJ. But could you tell us the "soft date" about it? For example, 1-2 war cycles, 5-6 war cycles, or next year?
    At least a month, we're shooting for in the next few months, but that is the best I can give at the moment.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    in the greectionary does awesome mean expensive?
    I don't care if you agree with my opinion, its my opinion so move on and find someone who cares.

rough stats:- level 257 - 9att 4.5def - 322mil iph

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    At least a month, we're shooting for in the next few months, but that is the best I can give at the moment.
    Please,please tell me there is a weapon upgrade... Long time player and need something to keep me going!

Post Count
    1) Please remove the possibility to use items with mods in the event. Even with the "confirm" button, people will always use those by accident. And then you'll have to deal with hundreds of unnecessary tickets.

2) You said "we have already been making changes to the MW event for next time based on player feedback".

Most of the whining was from those who didn't bother building their hoods and working on their income. I still hope that IPH will play a MAJOR role in this event.

Tnx.

Post Count
    Oh, and one more thing, it is going to be totally 100% awesome. Like, completely awesome. So awesome that we will need a new word for awesome instead of "awesome" because the definiton of awesome will already be taken.
    just make it playable. without bugs and glitches.
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    1) Please remove the possibility to use items with mods in the event. Even with the "confirm" button, people will always use those by accident. And then you'll have to deal with hundreds of unnecessary tickets.
    Absolutely. I made that request after the first outing in MW. They were still being included during the most recent Full Assault, but hoping this will be done ASAP there, and will be so from the start in CC.

2) You said "we have already been making changes to the MW event for next time based on player feedback".

Most of the whining was from those who didn't bother building their hoods and working on their income. I still hope that IPH will play a MAJOR role in this event.
    +1 for this too. Must admit I laughed when a few people complained about losing tens of millions in stats.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well, as some of you have noticed (as in this thread here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ault-is-Coming!!!) we mistakenly left a pop-up for an upcoming new event type in the new client version of the game. We'll be removing that pop-up until we are closer to the actual launch (which won't be for a while yet, and we don't have a hard date), but in the meantime the cat is out of the bag.

A couple of things we want to clear up:

-We don't have a hard date on the event launching, it is still in the production stages and will be a ways down the road, and it will be heavily announced beforehand.

-We WILL have more information on the event when we get closer to launching it, including an update to the FAQ with information on how the event works. We will not be leaving people in the dark on the way the event functions.

-The event will NOT be identical to the Full Assault event that Modern War has seen recently, it will have some similarities but will be different. Crime City works differently gamewise, and on top of that we have already been making changes to the MW event for next time based on player feedback. We're going to be incorporating some of those feedback-based changes into the Crime City version as well.

If anyone has any other questions/ concerns, let us know. We may not be able to answer everything right at the moment due to the fact that the feature is still in production, but we will make sure you have full information when we get closer to the event.
    Its nice you only leave people in the dark in WoN when you transfear wars over there!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    in the greectionary does awesome mean expensive?
    Yup, you must be a veteran