Best way to train?

What is the best way to train? Is it like BTD where it pays to max train each card before upgrading? Or can you just promote as soon as you can and be good?

Ive been maxing level first.
    I merged 2x L20 rares and it made L30
    Still playin around a bit, but i think its safe to max level before promtion
    WoN: PH-GAMECOCK
    W1- TeamPH oldest and most powerful alliance in the game
    W2- KoNE
    W3- TeamPH

I can no longer beat the energy maps with my best units fully trained/promoted. I was doing really well with the current challenge but now I load a black screen and can't get into game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BADMARKX View Post
    Ive been maxing level first.
    I merged 2x L20 rares and it made L30
    Still playin around a bit, but i think its safe to max level before promtion
    They will still do that if not fully upgraded, kind of like War of Nations where non upgraded commandos go up 10 levels every time they are combined
    If I had a dollar for how many brains you didn't have, I'd have 1 dollar.

It's always going to be the case that the campaigns can't be completed from the off. In the absence of the competition of the game being truly active, it means that the campaigns will get harder, that is unless you want to spend plenty of cash.

Any other thoughts on this?

I've found if I merge 2 level 2 units it makes a level 4. In other Gree game I've played that would just be a more powerful level 3.

So my question is this: do you only need 4 units to get max power (with training of course)? I did a test and it appears so, but I'd like to be sure before I really start promoting. I was thinking I needed 8 total units but I think I'm wrong.

Ok, so on an uncommon: i merged 2x 10/10 to make 15/20 and 2/4 of rank. Max to L20 and repeat.
    Merged the 2x 20/20 and that made 30/40 and max rank. 4 units.

Next uncommon i merged 2x 10/10 to make 15/20 2/4 rank. Max to L20 then merged another 10/10 to make 25/30 3/4 rank. Max to L30 and repeat. Merging 2x 30/30 3/4 rank made L40 4/4 rank. 6 units.

I wish i did it with the same unit to see if stats on a 4 unit merge were better than 6 unit merge, but ill get back to ya.
    W2- KoNE
    W3- TeamPH

Thanks. So it seems it helps to use more in terms of gaining levels via promotion but not power. No evidence otherwise - yet. I do like using more at lower levels since it's quicker to level them up but stats are most critical.

UPDATE: so merging to max rank with 4x same unit and 6x same unit yielded identical final stats.
    Not sure if it was any cheaper to do 4 or 6, but end result was identical.
    W2- KoNE
    W3- TeamPH

Unit exp

Quote Originally Posted by The Tickler View Post
    What is the best way to train? Is it like BTD where it pays to max train each card before upgrading? Or can you just promote as soon as you can and be good?
    I just started noticing "unit exp" after verses battles. What does that mean?

Unit XP

So what is the unit xp and where can you find it in ones game to see how much one has?

My belief is that unit Xp will help level up any units in your party not already fully leveled. My party is fully leveled but I sometimes put in weaker units to win invasion bonuses and after some versus fighting I see them level up. It even pops up a window to show it

not a great job by me explaining, hope it helps a little

The unit xp goes towards units who are not maxed out or who haven't hit their cap yet.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Weepit the Only II View Post
    My belief is that unit Xp will help level up any units in your party not already fully leveled. My party is fully leveled but I sometimes put in weaker units to win invasion bonuses and after some versus fighting I see them level up. It even pops up a window to show it

not a great job by me explaining, hope it helps a little
    Thx for the explanation

I tried max leveling 4 cards merging them max leveling it merging another maxing merging final and maxing and still came out with same stats as a friend that merged all 4 then leveled. Did it on a UC khopesh tank.

@haternation. Unit exp after matches goes towards any units currently in your squad that are not maxed out. At least from what I can tell.