Epic Boss x208- Explanation please Gree

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss x208- Explanation please Gree

Consistent Contributor J4CK D4N13L N0 7's Avatar
    Post Count

Angry Epic Boss x208- Explanation please Gree

I was going to post a review of this cycle of events, provide constructive criticism etc., and I probably still will, however this needs an answer now.

I like the addition of collecting all items on the epic boss for prizes, however the discrepancy between users is outrageously wide.

I run two accounts.
    The first I completed all goals on boss 163. Thought, hey despite having 2/3 on the final goal since boss 96, being able to farm 63 more level 100 bosses won't be all that easy for everyone so good gain, fun event and you get there eventually.

Other account - this was my loots at then end of the event.
    Dans ak102 x26; Dan's big blaster x23; Danielle's pistol x7
    Danielle's protection x4; Dan's nasty joke x14; Dan's diamond knuckles x33; Dan's slasher x1
    Hustler's bombshell x6; Danielle's torch x28; Tall one x10; Explosive vintage x0
    Downtown threads x10; Hustler's helmet x10; Boss beanie x9
    Groovy ride x9; Jumped up jeep x6; Disco ride x8; Dan's sweet roadster x4

Yes, that's 208 boss kills; (133 after level 75 when the 3 items required for the hardest goal are available). Compared to others who were lucky enough to complete it before even finishing the 100 boss goal, and my own experience with account no 1, this is ridiculous.

Now, I appreciate the event and the "chance" side of things in gaining the extra items, it did add an element of interest in continuing farming of the level 100 boss. And, despite my anger at not receiving the final prize, I'm not going to go on a screw you gree campaign (there's plenty more reasons to go down that route).

What I want is an explanation from Gree as to how they think it is acceptable to run an event in which I complete the 100 goals, and then proceed to essentially redo the whole event again killing the level 100 boss 108 MORE times, and not get the 3rd item required for the final loot goal. Did you expect people to do this many bosses and not get the goal? Was this (another) example of a new implementation not going to plan i.e. were some players never going to achieve the goal no matter how many bosses they took down? I'll wait for your response before taking it any further, through support/googleplay/gamingstandards as I am genuinely interested in your opinion/thoughts/reasons on this.

If you request I will send in a ticket so you can check out my account, but I wanted to post here and get a real persons response, instead of the generic bullcrap response of "we've passed this on to our developers, issue closed"- which by the way never answers the question you send in, you might as well send back and email saying "lol".

In future events my suggestion is to cap the event at a certain level. For example set a level you deem reasonable to have all loot items dropped before. maybe 150 bosses/175 bosses, and if a player completes that many bosses they are awarded 1 of each loot item and therefor complete all goals.

I look forward to a 'useful' response from a Gree representative.
    Thanks

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Jack, how many hits was it taking you to down the level 100's? I suspect that the drop rates were linked to the number of hits taken. We had a few players complete by 110 kills and a couple just over 100. They were all a higher tier than my 3 that completed it. One of mine was on 3 hits and got 2/3 (both after 120 kills) and the other 2 4 hits. They got 0/3 each although one I stopped on 102 due to lack of interest. My main did around 130 kills (gave up counting). That's over 100 chances between the 2 for 2 drops. That hardly encourages gold use to complete anything.
    I understand things shouldn't be that easy to complete but interest in even trying is certainly waining at my end.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I had 193 wins and didn't finish, someone in my synd finished before getting to lvl 100. But you prizes are more spread out than mine I have 34 aks and 34 torches. But no jeep. At the end I needed 6 cash hits, so I wasted lots of cash for no prize

Gree doesnt realize ppl are a lot more willing to spend gold if they know how much it will take to finish. This raid boss has really turned off a lot of players. Ppl will keep going event after event when they are pleased ppl that have to go 120+ bosses and still dont get the prize most likely wont go chasing it again
    Last edited by xavvax; 05-01-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    nothing of the sort my 4 accounts, 3 cash hits tier 4 got all items my two on tier 5 one 3 cash 1 free hit one 4 cash hits got all items my mini 4 boss kills to one bar of health only got the dog

the items for nifty knickers are like the crate drops, i do hope that this style was put together because of the syn problem and it goes back to syn goals next one
    Last edited by General Dudus; 05-01-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Post Count
    2 accounts did not finish the last one on either.
    ~130-140 kills and only one of the drops needed for one account.
    ~115 kills and 2/3 drops(all prior to lvl100) needed for the other account.

It honestly looks like the drop rate for epics on the last loot table was drastically reduced for this event and possibly future ones. I usually see ~7 epics from the final loot table by the time I kill 100. Only saw 1 drop(on my main) from nearly 40 kills past 100 is ridiculous.

Consistent Contributor Luv4UR Mom's Avatar
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Just estimating, but I probably killed the boss close to 150 times. It was taking me 6 cash attacks to kill a boss. Funny thing is- I had 4 protections and just needed the jeep. Other people in my group had 3 or 4 jeeps, and needed just the protection. From what I could discern, there was no consistency........ Pure luck.

Post Count
    My favor event EB piss me off I think game is for fun ..
    I farm lvl 100many times my lvl 118 need 5cash hits... My time and resold not havingvfinal 3loots in ....

My next favor event RB and poor uzis drops.....

The only reason I'm still playing this game is my CC friends......

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    "" Was this (another) example of a new implementation not going to plan i.e. were some players never going to achieve the goal no matter how many bosses they took down? ""

You finally figured it out. Congrats you have officially beat the game.

I've seem more than enough evidence across multiple events the randomness in the drop varies by account, not by the item itself.

So some accounts will inherently have better odds at completing this event than others.

The benefit is this: Crime City is a social game. by allowing *some* players to finish, they tell their friends encouraging remarks, keep going (keep spending) and they'll get it too. Only.... it doesn't happen this way.

Legendaries accounted for <1% of my boss drops after level 75. My sample size is too large for the discrepancy to be statistically insignificant. I won't be spending any more gold on these boss events.
    Last edited by GucciMane; 05-01-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    My results on my mini

Tier 1 (5-25)

Danielle's protection x2
    Explosive vintage x1

Dans big blaster x4
    Groovy ride x12
    Hustlers helmet x9

Dans knuckles x18
    Danielle's torch x17
    Dans ak 102 x13

Downtown threads x11
    Disco ride x11
    Tall one x11

Dans nasty joke x9
    Danielle's pistol x4
    Boss beanie x8

Dans sweet roadster x3
    Dans slasher x8
    Hustlers bombshell x4

Boss 145 times and only 3 epics
    Proud member of WWIII DOMINATION

I used to be good at this game.. Then life happened

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    If it was just 1 item that a lot of ppl needed it could be explained simply by saying the drop rate was really low. However thats not the case, since some ppl needed only the jeep or only the dog or only the bottle and had multiples of the other 2 it means the code was written in a way that certain items were harder for some ppl to get then for other ppl to get. Different odds for different ppl = complete bs. Everyone that finishes lvl 100 should have equal chance of finishing. Everyone that finishes 150 bosses should have equal chance of finishing as everyone else that finishes 150 bosses.

Ppl can talk about it being random but its not it is directly written to be extremely hard for some to finish. If it was 100% random everyone would have equal chance of getting each prize and that obviously wasnt the case.

If a person kills 200 bosses and gets 10 jeeps but no dogs and another person kills 200 bosses and wins 10 dogs but no jeep then its pretty close to statistically impossible for it to just be random chance. Random chance implies everyone has the same chance, this event was far from that. Gree has intentionally decided to give some ppl a great chance of finishing and others a very ****ty chance of finishing. Now the odds each person was given to finish might be random but the prizes you received had very different odds for different ppl and that is the real problem with this event. If everyone had equal chance of getting all loot drops way less ppl would be pissed off and would be willing to spend gold on future boss events, but since soo many ppl were screwed by grees antics less ppl will be spending gold next boss event

Lurker
    Post Count
    I was wondering the same thing. How can someone beat the lvl 100 boss over 150 times in 3 days to only end up getting 2 out of 3? I got the 2nd legendary item with 20 hours left.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by xavvax View Post
    If it was just 1 item that a lot of ppl needed it could be explained simply by saying the drop rate was really low. However thats not the case, since some ppl needed only the jeep or only the dog or only the bottle and had multiples of the other 2 it means the code was written in a way that certain items were harder for some ppl to get then for other ppl to get. Different odds for different ppl = complete bs. Everyone that finishes lvl 100 should have equal chance of finishing. Everyone that finishes 150 bosses should have equal chance of finishing as everyone else that finishes 150 bosses.

Ppl can talk about it being random but its not it is directly written to be extremely hard for some to finish. If it was 100% random everyone would have equal chance of getting each prize and that obviously wasnt the case.

If a person kills 200 bosses and gets 10 jeeps but no dogs and another person kills 200 bosses and wins 10 dogs but no jeep then its pretty close to statistically impossible for it to just be random chance. Random chance implies everyone has the same chance, this event was far from that. Gree has intentionally decided to give some ppl a great chance of finishing and others a very ****ty chance of finishing. Now the odds each person was given to finish might be random but the prizes you received had very different odds for different ppl and that is the real problem with this event. If everyone had equal chance of getting all loot drops way less ppl would be pissed off and would be willing to spend gold on future boss events, but since soo many ppl were screwed by grees antics less ppl will be spending gold next boss event

Another guy who has figured it out.

Think of it this way. Suppose I gave each of 5 members of my syndicate a 6-sided, non-loaded die.

They each roll their respective dice once....

All of the numbers that show up are completely random. two guys landed on '3', one guy landed on '5', one girl landed on '4' and the last dude landed on '1'.

Now suppose they roll their die 250 times each, and I told them only to count the number of '4's they got. The amount of '4's my synmates land range from 20-50, each.

The point I'm getting at is if I gave each of my 5 synmates "Crime City" dice, a few of them would still land Zero '4's, no matter how many times they rolled.
    Last edited by GucciMane; 05-01-2014 at 08:40 PM.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I understand what you are saying and it makes sense. It's just annoying when you see someone who hasn't even beaten it 100 times have that jacket. Although you can't deny all of the other rewards you amount buff your stats a lot anyways.
    Proud member of WWIII DOMINATION

I used to be good at this game.. Then life happened

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Same here, didn't get the Protection and the jeep, no matter how hard I tried, over 150 bosses also.
    BRAVO 6 lvl167 7B/3.3B 172mil IPH
    Asphalt Assassins

Lurker
    Post Count

????DiscoDAN?????

I have noticed a pattern in people who actually finished this event and collected all 3 epic drops. Everyone I have spoken with that completed, got all 3 epic loot drops with NO DUPLICATES. Everybody that failed to complete received multiple duplicates of different epic drops. In my case I got 3 Danielle's Protection and 2 Explosive Vintage. The thing I find odd is I got: 1.) Danielles Protection; 2.) Explosive Vintage; 3.) Danielles Protection; 4.) Explosive Vintage; and 5.) Danielles Protection - in this exact order. There is obviously a pattern. Even though the drops were "random" and had a probability rate, I do not believe that the coding was intended to have people receiving multiple duplicates before completing event. I have a theory that there was a glitch that some people experienced, including myself. It is odd that EVERYONE I have spoken with, when they received 3 epic drops they were always the ones they needed to progress and finish the event. They may have not came in any sort of order but they undoubtedly collected all 3 epics without acquiring any duplicates prior to finishing. And think back to the other parts of the events where you received the car and the gun, all my drops for those items came in synchronicity and I never received any duplicates of these items before completing that part of the event.

I believe there was an honest mistake made in programming and coding that may have made the program believe the person already received the item they were actually missing. This is the only assumption I can make, unless it was indeed intentional. Why did all the people who finished the epic drop part of the event get all 3 epics without receiving any duplicates.

I defeated Dan 200+ times, received 5 epic drops in a synchronized order, even though there was a random element involving the probability of an epic item dropping. I spent 500+ gold on this event and I am very pissed off to say the least and have sent some very vulgar messages to gree support. I have honestly come to the belief that this was an unintentional glitch in coding that affected certain people (there may even be a similarity between the accounts that did not complete, yet received multiple epic loot duplicates). I do not think Gree would have programmed an event you could dump tons of gold on and still not complete, this is a terrible idea and very easy way to lose a lot of buyers. If Gree did make an error in coding they will never expose it or make it public, but they may slide everyone some FREE GOLD for some unspecified reason (their apology and compensation to the players who got screwed maybe?). Players should instigate a massive boycott on buying gold for at least a month and if you can get even half of the top 100 syndicates to do this it would financially impact Gree. They may wait it out another month, make some tacky marketing scheme to give people some nice items to stop the boycott, but the players should be persistent in the boycott until Gree starts making some promises to cater to the players and not just their wallets.