It almost pains me to make this post because it is a post giving praise to Gree, which is something I've never done.

I have to say that the recent 2.4 update is the BEST update Gree has put out in terms of app stability and performance. Many of the previous memory leaks are gone.

With my first Gen iPad, I haven't been able to raid other players since 1.9. The 2.0 update introduced horrid memory leaks and just bad memory management in general. Sometimes, when no events were going on I would install version 1.9 back onto my iPad for a day just so I could raid others for a while.

The memory leaks and subsequent crashes were THE MAJOR reason I stopped purchasing gems. I haven't made a purchase in almost 12 months now, but if this trend keeps up I may change that.

I sincerely hope these "fixes" were intentional and not the byproduct of some other change. This app in no way requires the more powerful hardware of the newer generations of iPads and the first gen is more than capable of handling the basic 2D graphics that this game uses and there is no reason - other than shoddy coding - that the first gen iPad (and equivalent iPhone and iPod Touch models) can't run this game flawlessly.

If the fixes were intentional then keep it up, Gree. Now if you could teach your PR side the same lessons...