Credit where credit is due

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Credit where credit is due

Post Count

Credit where credit is due

It almost pains me to make this post because it is a post giving praise to Gree, which is something I've never done.

I have to say that the recent 2.4 update is the BEST update Gree has put out in terms of app stability and performance. Many of the previous memory leaks are gone.

With my first Gen iPad, I haven't been able to raid other players since 1.9. The 2.0 update introduced horrid memory leaks and just bad memory management in general. Sometimes, when no events were going on I would install version 1.9 back onto my iPad for a day just so I could raid others for a while.

The memory leaks and subsequent crashes were THE MAJOR reason I stopped purchasing gems. I haven't made a purchase in almost 12 months now, but if this trend keeps up I may change that.

I sincerely hope these "fixes" were intentional and not the byproduct of some other change. This app in no way requires the more powerful hardware of the newer generations of iPads and the first gen is more than capable of handling the basic 2D graphics that this game uses and there is no reason - other than shoddy coding - that the first gen iPad (and equivalent iPhone and iPod Touch models) can't run this game flawlessly.

If the fixes were intentional then keep it up, Gree. Now if you could teach your PR side the same lessons...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    And they finally fixed the displayed stats when attacking rivals. Now you know when you're hitting someone with 1m, 10m or 100m defense.

Articulate Author The red Baron's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    And there was to choose a server, trying the wrong, you started a new game.
    And you lost your stats, only have to buy a unit to get them back.
    And the vault is now in the perfect position (for raiders).
    And the correct defense you see after you have attacked not before.

If the game is now more stable thats great fore those using older models thats realy great but paid hard.
    The Red Baron TRB

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    100 free gems as well
    Zach123 Level 105 396-658-380 ally me

Bloodlust Freedom Fighters

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by zach123 View Post
    100 free gems as well
    I got the gems on one of my accounts but not on the other. Just realized it might be because I only did the update on one and not the other. (It was set to auto update so I got the erroneous one loaded accidentally.) Guess they will show up when I update the other. (fingers X'd)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I'd gladly give back the 100 gems to get the last release back on my ipad.

My mini account never got 100 gems either. But then again, I didn't upgrade so I guess it works out perfectly.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Aside from the initial roll out problems and the new vault tab location, I don't really have a problem with this update. In fact, my mini, which is on an old iPod 3rd gen is running much smoother than it use to with far less crashes. Fix the vault tab back to where it was and everything would be hunkie dorie with me!

Post Count
    My mistake. The better performance lasted for a single update. This update that happened a few days back put it all back where it was.

Looks like Gree can't fix anything on purpose. Only by accident. That's what you get when you hire elementary school children and the bum who keeps peeing in your flower pots to code your game.