What did you think of what it took to get Watchdog Theone Wrapper prize? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What did you think of what it took to get wrapper prize

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Piece of cake got it no problem

15 13.89%
  • Had a little problem but not much

25 23.15%
  • There were some moments but I managed

32 29.63%
  • This was really tough but I prevailed

15 13.89%
  • This was the most aggravating event ever

21 19.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did you think of what it took to get Watchdog Theone Wrapper prize?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rajendran View Post
    Actually last day of the Event with 10 hours to go, i was missing almost 6 units then i started to hunt for it, within another 8tries i got 5 units only m 640 road king missing, same time zero folders in the faction, only six hrs left, i.informed my faction about my situation, then my team started hunt for folders which came pouring down to the faction bank, finally after five tries with 55 bosses , i got it, thanks team for ur help to achieve it
    this is exactly what a tight knit faction should have done. congrats on the unit.
    ~~VFF LEGENDS~~

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It took strategy and knowledge of percentage with limited folders to ensure members with best chance to get unit had first shot while sending others out to help other factions complete. Out of 56 members we had 32 get the individual units. 12 were siting on just one target.

Very frustrating for some but not due to faction actions but probabilities of the one unit they needed out of the possible outcomes from defeating a boss.

It was a good wrinkle in that most legendary units don't make my army so having a wrapper prize really was a great benefit. Hopefully they keep it for next raid boss with an increasingly tempting wrapper reward.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcm2013 View Post
    i agree i run 2 factions and way too many rogue hits for people trying to help themselves not understanding without rogue hits more would be able to finish. i say leave it off a faction raid boss and have it start immediately after as an individual event if anything.
    I solved that problem quickly. Anyone hitting rogue outside their allotted boss call up was removed from the faction. That got their attention quickly. After a couple mess ups the rest all got the message and it went smoothe after that.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I agree with a lot of the team sentiments above... this was an interesting test of group work and individual effort (knowing what you need, etc).

Groups that are high functioning/communicating adjusted well, figured it out, and got the wrap for most members (it seems).

Yes, the randomness of units got frustrating at some points but overall a very good game twist.

Consistent Contributor goldacre84's Avatar
    Post Count
    I enjoyed it. The 'hunt' for missing items went down to the last minutes. I enjoyed working with British Army & Strength and Honor. We had members here there and everywhere, and most finished, only those who didn't jump about from my minis T500 faction didn't finish it. Made some good contacts, so well played everyone. Big shout to Kermit and Gigs. Top leaders.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well I was missing one legendary plus one of level 60 boss. So went to help a low ranking faction get through the 95 and 100 bosses. Even got some mates to help speed it up. Got the unit on 7/10 last quest and then went to town farming level 60s(2-3 refills). So on one side it didn't promote team work in other ways it was about helping others to help yourself! The group I help went on too finish with an hour to spare!

Post Count
    Was a good event got all on main without having to farm. Got my mini up to 15, the faction leader and a couple others were trying to convince me to go for it, even had the folder for me. But in the end I didn't have the time to play.
    Good things happen when you play with a bunch of amazing people
    Have you loved your llama today?

Lurker
    Post Count

Pretty easy, and not everyone gets it, sounds right.

Seemed pretty easy if you were active enough during the event, also gives a large value to folders.
    Again though, another way to make us go up in levels by getting exp from farming for folders. Our team leaders spread out the unit farming through ou the event. We ended up with about 300 folders and if anyone had not gotten unit by the end of that....SOL. Think they need to up the level req's though. How many people does it take to kill a level 5,10,15,20... So that gets annoying.

Post Count
    The wrapper was the best thing ever for this event. its not out of reach for all players who are active in boss 60 through 100. Serious players who are involved in the faction goals and just hit for minimum damage, they should have no issue getting each price. I had no rares or commons because I started at 60. It also shows what factions have order and can work together. I believe everyone in the faction I'm with got the unit because we made sure everyone got their units by making a "hit" when list.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think the wrapper prize was great. Yes it took a little to get it but, it was possible without gold which mean free players (me) could get it. Also it was better than the 27/27 prize and was easier to obtain. I think it was a great addition to raid boss!!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Unhappy 16/17

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    Very frustrating - but I saw a lot of people opening up for jumpers to come help take down bosses for a chance at getting those last few pesky prizes IN ADDITION to a lot of players who had already scored the Wrapper prize jumping to help other factions complete the 27/27 goal.

I even saw folks buying folders just to help others make the individual goal.

So as much as I was frustrated chasing down that last unit for the last 36 hours and hopping around between about a dozen factions - I was MOST proud of how this event brought out the teamwork and introduced me to players and factions I might not have ever had the chance to meet.

btw - MAREBEAR is my Hero for helping SO many people try to complete this event! Big Hugs / much love for Mare

Wow - completely opposite of what I saw and experienced. You're hanging out with the wrong people there Gremlin :/
    My points scored for my faction was over 2 billion and still couldn't get all 17. I came in 4th place. I was very disappointed. mugsy 373795171.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    LOL it wasn't 17... GREE can't count if you looked at the loot items there was actually 18! The solo goal did say 17 but they never fixed it

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgremlin View Post
    The bad thing about this wrapper prize is it did not promote team work
    i disagree, our faction finished RB first then we went farming folders 24/7 and set a rotation system to summon bosses and qa only to get max reward.

Many people in our faction finished this event due awesome teamwork,