What did you think of what it took to get Watchdog Theone Wrapper prize?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What did you think of what it took to get wrapper prize

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Piece of cake got it no problem

15 13.89%
  • Had a little problem but not much

25 23.15%
  • There were some moments but I managed

32 29.63%
  • This was really tough but I prevailed

15 13.89%
  • This was the most aggravating event ever

21 19.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you think of what it took to get Watchdog Theone Wrapper prize?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

What did you think of what it took to get Watchdog Theone Wrapper prize?

For me this was one of the most aggravating, frustration events (and there have been many) ever. I was missing the M640 Road King and it took me 39 tries to get it. After going 0/35 I left my faction (temporarily) and joined another and got it after 4 tries. I have spoken with others that took 100 tries or more. I had to waste an entire day begging my faction officers to keep bringing up level 60 bosses (and 55 too) to get this stupid prize. I was seriously thinking of quitting altogether but one of my awesome faction mates helped me out by sending me to another faction to finish it. If it wasn't for him you would be reading my retirement notice now. What do you think of this event and what it took to get it (if you did)?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    The choice is yours!!!....moo��

Post Count
    The bad thing about this wrapper prize is it did not promote team work

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Very frustrating - but I saw a lot of people opening up for jumpers to come help take down bosses for a chance at getting those last few pesky prizes IN ADDITION to a lot of players who had already scored the Wrapper prize jumping to help other factions complete the 27/27 goal.

I even saw folks buying folders just to help others make the individual goal.

So as much as I was frustrated chasing down that last unit for the last 36 hours and hopping around between about a dozen factions - I was MOST proud of how this event brought out the teamwork and introduced me to players and factions I might not have ever had the chance to meet.

btw - MAREBEAR is my Hero for helping SO many people try to complete this event! Big Hugs / much love for Mare

Quote Originally Posted by iamgremlin View Post
    Wow - completely opposite of what I saw and experienced. You're hanging out with the wrong people there Gremlin :/
    Last edited by Mcdoc; 04-29-2014 at 05:58 AM.
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    can definitely stress the leaders deciding who gets the bosses summoned they need as the folders dwindle and desperation sets in for members missing low level loot........folders will be hoarded and not shared with smaller factions now....I loved the unit......but kinda hope they leave it out next time.....and mcdoc is right......marebear helped all over the place........thanks marebear!!!!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    Very frustrating - but I saw a lot of people opening up for jumpers to come help take down bosses for a chance at getting those last few pesky prizes IN ADDITION to a lot of players who had already scored the Wrapper prize jumping to help other factions complete the 27/27 goal.

I even saw folks buying folders just to help others make the individual goal.

So as much as I was frustrated chasing down that last unit for the last 36 hours and hopping around between about a dozen factions - I was MOST proud of how this event brought out the teamwork and introduced me to players and factions I might not have ever had the chance to meet.

btw - MAREBEAR is my Hero for helping SO many people try to complete this event! Big Hugs / much love for Mare

Wow - completely opposite of what I saw and experienced. You're hanging out with the wrong people there Gremlin :/
    Never too late, there are players been going around and help out before this wrapper event for quite some time and some did not complete the individual event....moo��

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I know we helped out over 10 factions complete the normal and/or prestige, while ensuring all of our members got the wrapper prize. I thought it was a pretty smart wrinkle to an event that had gotten boring, and given stat inflation the farming had been made pretty obsolete for those factions that could be in a position to farm for 4 days.

Don't get me wrong, I got plenty of units I can slaughter in FA... but didn't have the motivation to ensure I hit EVERY boss.
    ~~VFF LEGENDS~~

Post Count
    I almost gave up cos I was missing Westland Lynx for more than 36hrs. My team mates kept encouraging me to keep trying.

Everyone chipped in to ensure no one was left out cold. In the end every team member managed to complete the event. This event brought out the best of our faction and strong camaraderie.

It was chaotic in the beginning but we managed to iron things out. Salute to Illuminati.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Hmmmm interesting. Difficulty was across the board. I took the crate event strategy and hammered bosses continuously at the beginning of the event... Spent less than 300 gold & got it within the first few hours of the event.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgremlin View Post
    I agree 100% on this point. It distracted some members, even myself, from working on the Faction Goal first.

With that being said, it did show us who was willing to wait and who was being selfish or bossy.

And also showed who was willing to help others in getting those missing units.

Last time, we had over 11k folders left after completing the faction's goal, but this time, we only had 4k folders.

We just did not expect we need more folders to begin with.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    I agree 100% on this point. It distracted some members, even myself, from working on the Faction Goal first.

With that being said, it did show us who was willing to wait and who was being selfish or bossy.

And also showed who was willing to help others in getting those missing units.

Last time, we had over 11k folders left after completing the faction's goal, but this time, we only had 4k folders.

We just did not expect we need more folders to begin with.
    this will sound bad.. but this says your faction doesn't communicate well, or wasn't organized.

NO ONE got to work on the individual goal until the faction goal was done. once completed we started getting members done. Many at that point went to sister factions, places they had mini's, or were patient and waited to get the units they needed.

I think 95% of our faction all got the wrapper... but we worked DAMN hard to ensure it.
    ~~VFF LEGENDS~~

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by thundarr View Post
    For me this was one of the most aggravating, frustration events (and there have been many) ever. I was missing the M640 Road King and it took me 39 tries to get it. After going 0/35 I left my faction (temporarily) and joined another and got it after 4 tries. I have spoken with others that took 100 tries or more. I had to waste an entire day begging my faction officers to keep bringing up level 60 bosses (and 55 too) to get this stupid prize. I was seriously thinking of quitting altogether but one of my awesome faction mates helped me out by sending me to another faction to finish it. If it wasn't for him you would be reading my retirement notice now. What do you think of this event and what it took to get it (if you did)?

Wow, someone actually crying over getting the wrapper prize FOR FREE because you had to work for it? I've seen it all in this game now...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    i agree i run 2 factions and way too many rogue hits for people trying to help themselves not understanding without rogue hits more would be able to finish. i say leave it off a faction raid boss and have it start immediately after as an individual event if anything.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    Wow, someone actually crying over getting the wrapper prize FOR FREE because you had to work for it? I've seen it all in this game now...
    exactly. doesn't matter what they do... folks here ***** and moan. lol I thought it was a good event, and it made us work hard as a team.
    ~~VFF LEGENDS~~

Post Count

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by thundarr View Post
    Actually last day of the Event with 10 hours to go, i was missing almost 6 units then i started to hunt for it, within another 8tries i got 5 units only m 640 road king missing, same time zero folders in the faction, only six hrs left, i.informed my faction about my situation, then my team started hunt for folders which came pouring down to the faction bank, finally after five tries with 55 bosses , i got it, thanks team for ur help to achieve it