Raid boss outrage - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raid boss outrage

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    24+4=28. come on u should at least no the basic math. plus gree said the event will b 4 days, but type 27. they not prefect ofc they going make mistake(a lot). so u blaming on gree for mistakes typed when u entire faction doesn't no how to add 24+4?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jinjack292 View Post
    24+4=28. come on u should at least no the basic math. plus gree said the event will b 4 days, but type 27. they not prefect ofc they going make mistake(a lot). so u blaming on gree for mistakes typed when u entire faction doesn't no how to add 24+4?
    From the Mod:
    Here is the rewards list for the Watchdog Theone Raid Boss, which is scheduled from 4/24 @2PM Pacific Time through 4/27 @ 2PM Pacific Time.

Please note that the Raid Boss is scheduled to be a four day event, though the in-game calendar shows it as being five days.

The way I believe Gree counts days is:

Day 1 - 4/24
    Day 2 - 4/25
    Day 3 - 4/26
    Day 4 - 4/27

After reading the post from the mods on Sunday I was nervous I would not finish the individual. My faction finished the raid boss in 24 hours then helped other factions get theirs. I was was going to use that last day to concentrate on the individual prize. The way I read the post and based on my experience with Gree (2.5 years), there wasn't going to be another day as per the in game calendar. so I used all my tapjoy gold (100 gold, well worth the prize) to get it. If I knew for a fact I had that extra day, I would not have needed to used all my gold.

Basic math does not equal Gree math and in this game, it's the Gree math that matters.

Please note that the Raid Boss is scheduled to be a four day event, though the in-game calendar shows it as being five days.

Post Count
    LOL why stop? valor is a perfecty good prize in fact better than the 25/27 prize buy yourself 300k in stats with that valor
    Farewell to my friends at the Real McCoys I had a fun year with you guys and farewell to this game
    BASE NUKED- 12/08/14
    Now in my spare time I play Dota 2
    join me ---> at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132444144/

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyKit View Post
    Misleading information regarding the raid boss end date!!!
    My faction called it quits coz an admin stated it ended on the 27th and since no mods have been here to say anything we are upset that we appear to have the time to do it now.

Many factions have either backed off when there was time or spent alot of gold to get it done when as much wouldnt of been needed. I think this is a blatant disregard for your customers!

Im also suggesting tickets sent in by factions who could of got it done and factions that used alot of gold to do it by the 27th.
    There is a timer on the Raid Boss screen telling you how much time is left in the event. Did your whole faction miss this? You have nothing to complain about.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mreilly View Post
    I still do not get why a faction would stop... why the hell aren't you farming bosses right until the very end. The bosses still drop a chance at 8000\8000 units... its a safe assumption those units would help the factions that are struggling on the event so again i ask... why would you quit the event??
    100% agree..even with the timer clicking down to 2pm pst yesterday mini faction was pushing harder and harder on 27/27 to get at least the extra loot even if the event did end..its just a mistake him and his faction will have to learn from

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyKit View Post
    Yes i came up with the 28th too. But i was speaking to alot of factions and there was mass confusion. Alot was saying the 27th. Wouldnt of taken an admin 5 mins to spot the stacks of post and put us straight

As for mreilly, glad your team are able to farm lvl 100 bosses, id like to be able to do that. No hard feelings. We needed about 1h30 per lvl 100 we was on target but the confusion really didnt help.
    i understand that bud..u guys just made a huge mistake in not contiuneing to go forward..there was valor on each one as well..its alright we all have made mistakes and im sure i will make many more..just chalk this up as a learning experince and grow from it

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Sad to say many similar situations have occurred in the past. I'm guessing you're new enough to make the mistake of listening to what Mods say. I make that mistake on occasion as well. Someone said it earlier.... Always go by the event clock. Not the globe... Not the mods. Event clock has always been the most accurate source.

Always go down swinging... A good rule in general... give up... Well that's on you. If the event ended early as you thought... And you went down fighting (well even if you didn't) ... You would have a good argument to get some sort of recompense. Either with gree or iTunes. If it didn't end early you would have still been in a position to complete. Not everyone reads these forums. For that reason they have a clock for each event telling you how long you have to complete the event. I know it's hard to trust anything which gree does... But in the future trust that. And as always.... Go down swinging.

Post Count
    It's a tough situation though. What if the mod was right about the date. What if the globe/event time was wrong. People would be upset either way. I don't know why people think they are almighty and know exactly when the event would have ended. Obviously Gree screws up again but that's commonplace now. We actually stopped farming early as well on 26/27. We thought just in case it would be the safer bet to get everyone the wrapper prize. Anyways we still finished and completed 27/27 so in the end it all worked out. At least for us.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I, myself, have always used the countdown clock for the event. There have been many many posts by mods that have stated "...always go by the event timer... never go by the date on the globe, the forums, or anyone's post. They may not be correct."

Doesn't mean the timer is 100% correct, but I have not witnessed one being wrong yet in 2+ years.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BlGTEX View Post
    wow i think most of you that stopped are as bad at counting the days then gree is. If the start date says the 24th & they said it was going to be 4 days instead of 5 days. Then you guys are just as bad as gree i know when i add 4 days to the 24th i come up with 28th not the 27th like the admins said. You guys should ever trust what you read from the Admins as usually it is totally different then what really happens. all i can say is my 3rd grade son can add 24+4=28 lmao!!!
    do you not count the day it starts as 1st day,so if starts 24th=1, 25th=2, 26th=3,27th=4,28th=5,....5 day event,not 4.
    Last edited by trueblue; 04-28-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    You do not count the first day.... A day = 24 hours. Thus 1 day would mean 24th + 1 = 25th at same time... Simple math. My 5 yr old can even count days.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I understand the outrage. It's not unreasonable due to confusion. We spent a lot of time Sunday determining the approach as it was we decided to trust the countdown clock and take the view that if we didn't finish we weren't going to spend a shed load of Gold.. Balanced out decision on likely cost to achieve the desired outcome.
    Thief has many times commented that you have to pause for breath with these events and determine is the cost really worth the outcome. Our expectation was that the clock was right and even GREE would not put the boss health up by 50% and shorten the event to 60% of the previous time. But we had to plan based on assumptions and took the risk..

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob TRK View Post
    I understand the outrage. It's not unreasonable due to confusion. We spent a lot of time Sunday determining the approach as it was we decided to trust the countdown clock and take the view that if we didn't finish we weren't going to spend a shed load of Gold.. Balanced out decision on likely cost to achieve the desired outcome.
    Thief has many times commented that you have to pause for breath with these events and determine is the cost really worth the outcome. Our expectation was that the clock was right and even GREE would not put the boss health up by 50% and shorten the event to 60% of the previous time. But we had to plan based on assumptions and took the risk..
    wasn't there a timer on the rb summon tab??? why weren't people reading that I wonder?
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    BNdawgs we certainly were watching the clock and as you have quoted used that to finalise our decision. However when a moderator posts something that's at odds it certainly has to be considered and assessed. In our case we assumed he was wrong, that proved correct. Clearly not everyone else made that call hence the outrage that's been noted.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Skleinsmith View Post
    You do not count the first day.... A day = 24 hours. Thus 1 day would mean 24th + 1 = 25th at same time... Simple math. My 5 yr old can even count days.
    That's true in real life but not always true in Gree's world. And congratulations on the smart 5 year old.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob TRK View Post
    BNdawgs we certainly were watching the clock and as you have quoted used that to finalise our decision. However when a moderator posts something that's at odds it certainly has to be considered and assessed. In our case we assumed he was wrong, that proved correct. Clearly not everyone else made that call hence the outrage that's been noted.
    always have to go by the game clock. since not everyone that plays MW is a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?