Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Northener's Battlegear as a prize!?

What a turn around.

Discussion on difficulty spike.

Discussion about keys.

Is Gree upping its game, or are they desperately cloying to what remnants they can?

A turn around for a new age of prosperity in KnD? Or is this horseman event a harbinger of darker days?
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here

Disappointing. :/
    I already have two. Oh well, hopefully the people who don't have an epic or who don't have Northerner's will enjoy it (if they get all of the plus versions, that is).

To be fair, I do have most fusable epics so it's not like I could have been pleased with anything.
    P.S. @GREE, do another Boss Collection event with Forgestone (before I fuse it), yeah? Thanks in advance.
    no

Wow. These are excellent rewards I gotta say I'm very pleasantly surprised by it.
    IGN: FDP Yongsan RRu
    GM of ForgeDragons Path
    HC of The Rainbow Rug
    #6 War of the Enchantress
    #3 Xantico Raid
    No Minimums. Max Participation
    LINE fdpyongsan to apply

Very happy with these rewards!! Will be interesting to see if there is a power curve for these that's higher then normal.

Don't over look that the new EB+ is just a hair shy of 3k stats, meaning by the end of the event we'll be well over that at the current rate. My guess around 3050 but below 3100.
    ** We Support the 11+ movement **

GM of The Fisting 15th
    Level 75 Guild
    Top 100(Usually)
    Line: idolelite

Omg. I literally just fused Northerners this morning. Timing could not be worse...
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

It shows they are listening, keys and an epic.
    It's a big step forward for them in my opinion.
    I know lots of folks already have it etc, but any epic is better than none just look at the guild wars changes and now this and two collections in short time span.
    Looks like things might be improving slowly!
    Guild Master - Loners on Bus & The Short Bus
    Where the light at the end of the tunnel is the Bus coming your way!

We are currently recruiting for more info contact via line
    Headopener (Euro timezones)
    Sojourner1111 (US timezones).

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOpener View Post
    It shows they are listening, keys and an epic.
    It's a big step forward for them in my opinion.
    I know lots of folks already have it etc, but any epic is better than none just look at the guild wars changes and now this and two collections in short time span.
    Looks like things might be improving slowly!
    Exactly this. Cool event great rewards.
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --

I really don't know why they stopped the epic chest key events.

I know the beast chest may have been a bit much. I think I had 22 keys by the end of the event, between the guild wars, EB event, and LTQ event. But being able to get 8-10 keys every few months for a chest isn't really going to break the system very much.

I personally think there should be a new chest. There should be a chest that always has outdated epics in it, that they could reward keys to. This EB+ is only 100 points or so shy of Sky Maj, so having that in a chest that you could open at any time, and get keys for (possibly from EB lvl 60 milestone), would really exchange the power base very much.
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here

Quote Originally Posted by EljayK View Post
    I really don't know why they stopped the epic chest key events.

I know the beast chest may have been a bit much. I think I had 22 keys by the end of the event, between the guild wars, EB event, and LTQ event. But being able to get 8-10 keys every few months for a chest isn't really going to break the system very much.

I personally think there should be a new chest. There should be a chest that always has outdated epics in it, that they could reward keys to. This EB+ is only 100 points or so shy of Sky Maj, so having that in a chest that you could open at any time, and get keys for (possibly from EB lvl 60 milestone), would really exchange the power base very much.
    In a month they should just put the outdated epics in the dark prince chests...they will be weaker than the eb's anyways and/or they can start giving them as the guaranteed armor when u buy 40 chest....more enhancement points

Quote Originally Posted by Reginnin View Post
    In a month they should just put the outdated epics in the dark prince chests...they will be weaker than the eb's anyways and/or they can start giving them as the guaranteed armor when u buy 40 chest....more enhancement points
    You forgot that DPC also contains plus armors. Plus versions of the second generation epics will still be decent for some time...

Northerner's is a nice "trap" prize. Gree gives the same stats to mono armors that it gives to dual element armors of the same generation, however more and more guilds are getting (close) to all 10% element bonusses. Result: the previous dual boss+ that had water was already less than 100 effective combined points below Northerner's and this boss collection's water armor will likely close the gap.
    The only reason I still use Tec as secondary earth armor and not as fusion fodder is that my current retirement guild is only at 6% element bonusses. Non-plus mono element epics will keep sucking until Gree gives them the extra stats to compensate for the element bonus they are missing out on...

Lower and upper boundaries for these boss+ with extra 10% element to compare to mono epics:
    2900*1.1=3190
    3000*1.1=3300
    Tec=3167
    Northerner's=3261
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

With the gradual power creep making older epics more available makes sense I would say make more of them fusable rather than putting in chest though.
    Giving them as a prize for multi chest and things like this collection though has a lot of merit.

[QUOTE=Marco_;1280776]You forgot that DPC also contains plus armors. Plus versions of the second generation epics will still be decent for some time...

Actually I didn't forget anything......I am sure that gree could write in code that would allow only non plus versions of the epic armors to be available in the DPC. I would prefer to "give up" the chance to get a + version of northerners(and still have chance to pull a reg version) as my epic pull from the epic chests and gain a chance to get a regular version of northerners over a + version of blackfrost rainment in the dpc. Don't get me wrong....I have a maxed northerners and it is still frequently part of my Line up but....I probably wont max out the one I get from this boss event and I definitely wouldn't max out a blaze or moontide even if I got them "free" from a combine....so why not give us something a little better in the DPC. �� my original post was a reply to ElijayK who wanted to create a whole new chest which would contain outdated epics....I think putting them in DPC would be better for both gree and us.

Life cycle of epic.....epic chest.....fuseable/event reward.....guaranteed armor for 40 chest......DPC(fusion fodder).

Ps. Gree I have seen some suggesting that you occasionally put out a new epic that is fuseable only. This would be great Imo. Yes you will not make money directly from it but it would create....wait for it.... customer satisfaction. ...A little something most businesses concern themselves with. Just a thought, seeing as you seem to be trying some new things.
    Last edited by Reginnin; 04-28-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Ps. Gree I have seen some suggesting that you occasionally put out a new epic that is fuseable only. This would be great Imo. Yes you will not make money directly from it but it would create....wait for it.... customer satisfaction. ...A little something most businesses concern themselves with. Just a thought, seeing as you seem to be trying some new things.
    I like this idea too would give those with multitudes of armours a reason to clear out space too

Hello,

does anyone understand what this "Gwen's conjuring our MOST EPIC chest yet! April 30th!" news mean? (I couldn't open a new thread to ask for some reason.) I would be ready to invest some gems if there was a reasonable chance to get one of this newest epics, but I already spent way too much for Greed without gaining anything of worth from the so-called 'special' crap chests with a so-called '3x chance' (probably of an 1:5000 chance of getting something useful), so I am sick and tired of wasting more money for an empty promise. I actually have to work hard for my money.
    Last edited by roookey1; 04-28-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    Not begging anyone to 'join my guild' since like ...ever.