Influence Points Change for Upcoming Battle for Empire City 4/18-4/21 - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Influence Points Change for Upcoming Battle for Empire City 4/18-4/21

Consistent Contributor Mr.Shh...'s Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    It's not too extreme of a change and most of the testing was "theoretical" testing.

We can't reveal exactly how the algorithm works, but lower level campers attacking high level players will not see as dramatic of a point difference and high level players should see more points in general. The range of points will also be slightly reduced so the amount of points you earn is more consistent.
    Thank you for sharing, good information. Youve got big shoes to feel sir.
    Order now and you can have your very own shh...for the low price of not $49.99 not even $39.99 were not going to give it to you for $29.99!!! Call Now and its only $19.99 pay seperate shipping and handling.

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCC/MW View Post
    Theoretical testing... now what could go wrong with that>
    If you have a way to test changes for live events on a large scale, we'd be happy to try it out. Theoretical testing means we try to project the difference between this event and the last event using last event's data compared to the new algorithm. As long as no bugs are introduced, the algorithm will be implemented as planned.

And since it's not a huge change, there shouldn't be any bugs introduced with this algorithm, but you never know

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thank you for letting us know, i am a llp but i'm glad that the hlp's get some more attention. They are the most loyal and usually the biggest spenders

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Oh. We know.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Introduce this to crime city my camping game. Not to modern war my high level game. Yay ._.
    Proud member of WWIII DOMINATION

I used to be good at this game.. Then life happened

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If you have a way to test changes for live events on a large scale, we'd be happy to try it out. Theoretical testing means we try to project the difference between this event and the last event using last event's data compared to the new algorithm. As long as no bugs are introduced, the algorithm will be implemented as planned.

And since it's not a huge change, there shouldn't be any bugs introduced with this algorithm, but you never know
    Oracle, you shouldn't waste your time defending the change to the idiots complaining about it before we even see it.

Their basic stance is change is bad. To which I retort, "learn to evolve". Humans have been doing it for thousands of years. The one difference is you CAN opt out of the change by quitting.

I will reserve my judgement until after I have seen the changes in action. Hopefully it is a good gameplay advancement and not just another gold grap, (Grab+Crap). Fingers crossed it makes the game more fun.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    You should've increased the amount of IP for high level players to be on par with LLP not decrease it for LLP to be on par with HLP

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenWill View Post
    You should've increased the amount of IP for high level players to be on par with LLP not decrease it for LLP to be on par with HLP
    Reading comprehension fail? Where does it say points for low levels attacking high levels will be reduced; it does say high levels should see an overall increase in points, but not much difference for low levels.

Now, I'm intrigued whether that means the punishment for higher levels hitting low levels has been removed, or that a new tiered system has been introduced so that higher levels score more across the board. The latter really would be karma doing the business on syndicates who boot HLPs just for being high level
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The change sounds good to me! I personally dont like the camping advantages!

Lurker
    Post Count
    I support this change!!!!Karma to those small low level streak team this weekend battle!!!!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Can anyone tell me why I should spend gold in events to get better stats? It does not matter for robbing and attacking and now it makes no difference in the battles anymore.

Post Count
    we have made some changes based on player feedback
    That's a first.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KCUF View Post
    Can anyone tell me why I should spend gold in events to get better stats? It does not matter for robbing and attacking and now it makes no difference in the battles anymore.
    If u spend money to get ur stats then it shd be fine. But the problem is people are camping their minis and send them to low level streak syndicates such as pink kitten and sun tzu's wicked orphanage during battle. Same amount of gold during battle but different outcome. Totally unfair!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I laugh at all you whining children, at least see the changes at work before belittling them!!

I also find the naivety of LLP campers funny, even if the current trend of stat inflation continues without increase then your current LLP camper will eventually become a HLP POS due to those starting LLP campers ~6 months after you always starting with stronger items from the offset.

As a very long time player its nice to hear of changes that at least have the chance of easing the struggle we see due to stat inflation.
    I don't care if you agree with my opinion, its my opinion so move on and find someone who cares.

rough stats:- level 257 - 9att 4.5def - 322mil iph

Consistent Contributor J4CK D4N13L N0 7's Avatar
    Post Count
    Haha so many complainers about an actual positive move by Gree (hopefully)
    L250s have been at an unfair advantage in war for a long time due to the level bias on ip score before. They should be able to hit other l250s for similar points that I get as a level 212.
    Evening out of points is also a positive move because getting 600ip them 250ip was very frustrating (providing it evens out at a reasonable amount)

I hope the changes work and are beneficial to the higher level players that have spent more time and money on the game. But when was the last time a change actually worked without fault? And similarly when was the last time a change occurred that didn't have the underlying consequence of more gold being needed to achieve the same goal?

Congrats for listening to feedback and let's just hope you are now able to implement something without screwing it up