GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Influence Points Change for Upcoming Battle for Empire City 4/18-4/21

Player Experience
    Post Count

Influence Points Change for Upcoming Battle for Empire City 4/18-4/21

Hey everyone,

With this upcoming Battle for Empire City Event, we have made some changes based on player feedback that we hope will improve the event and create a better experience for our players.

We are tweaking how influence points are calculated in response to feedback that there was too much emphasis on player level. We have also reduced the random factor within the algorithms so players will now receive more consistent influence point values in battle.

We hope that you enjoy these changes and we will continue to listen to your feedback to make adjustments as needed. Once the event is underway feel free to post in this topic and let us know how you feel about the tweaks.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Was that new tweaking properly tested, or just another jump in the "cold" water?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    y not disclosing more info about this? it would be appreciated

Post Count
    thank you for the heads up. i hope it works out like it did in the original pvp
    [IMG][/IMG]

Leader of REDNECK ASSASSINS - recruiting for top 200wd top 100sa
    349-122-589

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Whereas I applaud efforts to try and improve the game for the majority I have to say I am very disappointed you choose to do so less than 48hrs from battle.
    Like many people my team mates and I have spent weeks recruiting to suit the current system.
    Has this all gone to waste?
    Can we please have some more info so that we can attempt to adapt in time for battle.

Player Experience
    Post Count
    It's not too extreme of a change and most of the testing was "theoretical" testing.

We can't reveal exactly how the algorithm works, but lower level campers attacking high level players will not see as dramatic of a point difference and high level players should see more points in general. The range of points will also be slightly reduced so the amount of points you earn is more consistent.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Of all the things you could choose from to improve on....

Anyways, my question is: have you now f*cked up this aspect of the game?

Post Count
    As far as an inquiry goes I think it can be summed up in one simple question.
    Has the Algorithm been tweaked to better accommodate New Members? This question if answered truthfully should shed light on the new "Improvements"

(No pun intended)

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by OMD73 View Post
    Of all the things you could choose from to improve on....

Anyways, my question is: have you now f*cked up this aspect of the game?
    Yah looks like they did

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Great News! about time high levels got a fair deal especially with prizes based on individual ip rank.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    No dramatic difference means LLP will get lower score or HLP get higher score than before? We are not requesting the exact algorithm but the basic insight of how it works would be appreciated. Thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    It's not too extreme of a change and most of the testing was "theoretical" testing.

We can't reveal exactly how the algorithm works, but lower level campers attacking high level players will not see as dramatic of a point difference and high level players should see more points in general. The range of points will also be slightly reduced so the amount of points you earn is more consistent.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for improvements. But let's be honest, every recent "improvement" Gree have made to this game has made the playing experience worse!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Since it was theoretical testing, there is no true answer how it will work out with regards to bugs/glitches I assume?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post

But what is the changes to a lower level player attacking a higher level?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update; a few questions: -Any idea when respect points and/or in-store items will be of value? -How about tweaking the formula for successful attacks and/or robs? -When will defense stats be on par with attack stats?-How about value for in-game cash and high iph? -New syndicate bonuses?