Influence Points Change for Upcoming Battle for Empire City 4/18-4/21 - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Influence Points Change for Upcoming Battle for Empire City 4/18-4/21

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bruner View Post
    Full Assault would be epic in CC. I could dump items for 4 or 5 events before I even got close to using "real" items.
    A Version of Full assault in crime city would be just as a big of waste of time as it is in MW. You wastes millions in stats of bought items to get 1 prize? My faction finished top 40 both times and what you lose in stats do not make it remotely worth it. Don't bring that crap here.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Finally they try to fix the problem and people complain

We have been complaining about this issue for so long, when they finally try to fix the issue, people complain even more?

let them fix the problem, let Gree make the game fairer for the players who have been playing longer.

Lurker
    Post Count
    they just ****ed up the most fun part of this game!!!!

Post Count

Thumbs down Stats no longer matter!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    Hey everyone,

With this upcoming Battle for Empire City Event, we have made some changes based on player feedback that we hope will improve the event and create a better experience for our players.

We are tweaking how influence points are calculated in response to feedback that there was too much emphasis on player level. We have also reduced the random factor within the algorithms so players will now receive more consistent influence point values in battle.

We hope that you enjoy these changes and we will continue to listen to your feedback to make adjustments as needed. Once the event is underway feel free to post in this topic and let us know how you feel about the tweaks.
    I totally understand that camper accts weren't good for business, but his final blow makes stat building completely useless. This entire game is built in stats. People who play, play for the stats. GREE is 'biting off their nose to spite their face'.

First the rivals list, now this. These two moves render the most important aspect of the game, stat building/creating a strong account, absolutely useless.
    ** You can always find someone to rob regardless of level.
    ** Having a strong acct doesn't give you an advantage(IP scoring) only having a high lvl acct
    ** High lvl accts with more energy are great for LTQs. Is this what this game has become? A game to play LTQs. LTQs suck the way they are now. How about tapping a target and selecting how many times we want to hit it. Why make us hit it so many times. Way to time consuming and frustrating experience for players(customers).
    ** We are now in a race to get to lvl 250 to have the most possible Energy points so we have a chance to complete LTQs that otherwise are cheated or cost a lot of money to finish.
    ************************************************** ***********************************

**why spend money on the game to increase your stats? Stats are now for the most part, meaningless**

************************************************** ***********************************

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CCforum View Post
    I totally understand that camper accts weren't good for business, but his final blow makes stat building completely useless. This entire game is built in stats. People who play, play for the stats. GREE is 'biting off their nose to spite their face'.

First the rivals list, now this. These two moves render the most important aspect of the game, stat building/creating a strong account, absolutely useless.
    ** You can always find someone to rob regardless of level.
    ** Having a strong acct doesn't give you an advantage(IP scoring) only having a high lvl acct
    ** High lvl accts with more energy are great for LTQs. Is this what this game has become? A game to play LTQs. LTQs suck the way they are now. How about tapping a target and selecting how many times we want to hit it. Why make us hit it so many times. Way to time consuming and frustrating experience for players(customers).
    ** We are now in a race to get to lvl 250 to have the most possible Energy points so we have a chance to complete LTQs that otherwise are cheated or cost a lot of money to finish.

**why spend money on the game to increase your stats? Stats are now for the most part, meaningless**

What the hell does this have to do with how unfair influence points were being awarded?
    Do you think the current system was fine?
    Always Famous......

Consistent Contributor PhantomNine's Avatar
    Post Count
    Not sure how the new implementation will work out, but one thing is certain... it's got to be better then what we have now. I'm hopeful that the playing field improves and is fair for all of us, not just the lower levels.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I welcome the change even though I haven't seen it in action yet. Change in algorithmic function to Syndicate battles which all players can benefit is an A+ in my book. No complaints here, as it should be.

Post Count

Stats don't matter

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomNine View Post
    Not sure how the new implementation will work out, but one thing is certain... it's got to be better then what we have now. I'm hopeful that the playing field improves and is fair for all of us, not just the lower levels.
    This change effects the game in a huge way. This was the last event where having a strong acct (high stat:lvl ratio) matters. Now, all the events are geared toward high lvl players.

The game was built on the concept of stat building (att, def, IPH). The att:lvl ratio doesn't matter anymore. Everyone get to level 250 as fast as you can.

I spent the past year bringing an acct up slowly(not camping) to build a good acct(strong att:lvl ratio and high IPH). I spent some gold along the way too. Now it's no longer a strong acct in the best event going, the battles.

Sure there was some inequity before this change, but only in this event. All the ore events are geared toward higher level accts already. This was the last one left.

My main point is that stats don't mean as much anymore, which was the whole concept of the game on the first place.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Way to kill off any fun a new player may have in this game
    full streaks 2 wars in a row recruiting now

back after a 1 month ban for hurting cj54s feelings

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Kyle View Post
    Way to kill off any fun a new player may have in this game
    don't you have a high iph room to tend to? New players have way more events than us older players did a few years ago.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    No the high iPh group runs itself, and lol at all these people saying we will get more points for closer stats

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Ty Oracle!
    in general, the changes gree has implemented recently seem to be for our favor. Thx.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Kyle View Post
    No the high iPh group runs itself, and lol at all these people saying we will get more points for closer stats
    All this crying foul without even seeing what will happen in practice is hysterically funny.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    All this crying foul without even seeing what will happen in practice is hysterically funny.
    With all the hard facts bout the new algorithm I'm also surprised questions being asked...

Like "Hey, we changed how you will consume ip in battle. Can't tell you how it works, but it's to the benefit for the higher level player"

yeah right..
    Last edited by aron; 04-18-2014 at 03:20 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    To be fair considering GREE only do anything to get more gold im intrested to see how it pans out