Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Exclamation BROS/TFS MOVEMENT/ STRIPPING what are viable solutions to fix this issue

OK STRIPPING its become a problem there have been many thoughts from numerous players on both platforms so I'm making this so all who would like to give there opinions on what we think gree should do to sort this out can post there ideals here in one spot for all to see so that we may find the proper fix that works for all players ranging from the top to the bottom and not just a select few thank you

Discussing it is futile since gree supports it.
    They are aware of it for some time and all theyve done is to throw the defeat rank bonus fuel on the stripping fire.
    Easy solution was basing your defeat score on the quality and numbers of armors you defeated
    Last edited by ShadowDash1089; 04-16-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    Azure Dragon Nexus Guild Master
    IGN: ShadowDash
    Line: dragon1089
    Best Guild Ranks: #3 (War of the Enchantress), #5 (War of Thorns), #17 (War of the SAINTS), #18 (War of the Fools)

our agenda and recruiting

** We support the 11+ movement! **

Maybe maybe not time will tell my good knight

How about just calling it the "No Stripping Movement" rather than an advertisement for a guild? After all, it's the 11+ Movement, not *names of all 11+ guilds* movement.

Now to add constructively to the conversation, a start would be requiring all 3 knights out at all times.

I know Shady and some have also mentioned that having three knights set so you cant change their armors, including main would help. Or all 6 have their armors set once war starts so you cant change their armors and strip.

Well not bad ideals and didn't really give much thought to the name of this movement more the cause and those are not bad suggestions others that have been bought up threw chats on line have been things like must use 3 nights in a fight and instead of my stats of armor comparison do something more along the line of armor tier so can still farm players with 4* armors and get good points for us wearing all epics but 3* and below give less and so on and so forth based on your armors tier or deminishing points like one guy said so it would make it more interesting to have to attack a new target every time to get max points every time so just keep putting all the ones you think would work here and just maybe we can find one that will work

Quote Originally Posted by frostman27 View Post
    Well not bad ideals and didn't really give much thought to the name of this movement more the cause and those are not bad suggestions others that have been bought up threw chats on line have been things like must use 3 nights in a fight and instead of my stats of armor comparison do something more along the line of armor tier so can still farm players with 4* armors and get good points for us wearing all epics but 3* and below give less and so on and so forth based on your armors tier or deminishing points like one guy said so it would make it more interesting to have to attack a new target every time to get max points every time so just keep putting all the ones you think would work here and just maybe we can find one that will work
    Problem with this is that you can be farming a gm, they put all boosts on, now you get garbage points. If your opponent matches an ally guild, they can strip to boosts and won't give decent points, thus helping the ally guild.

There is no "solution".

It's part of the game.

Remember that basketball movie Will Ferrell was in? At the end, (spoilers!) when he invents the alley-oop.

The alley-oop is part of basketball now.
    The forward pass is part of American football now.
    Don't fight it. You can't. It's part of the game.

You can play football without passing. You can play basketball without the alley-oop.
    You probably won't win any championships.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Shady View Post
    How about just calling it the "No Stripping Movement" rather than an advertisement for a guild? After all, it's the 11+ Movement, not *names of all 11+ guilds* movement.
    ^^ this

So far the ideas thrown around are as open to abuse as the current system.
    I find funny how the same people that complain about stripping making their shiny, great epics useless are suggesting to lock 3 armors. Better be restricted and unable to use them at all then than having them available and not needing them. Great logic there.

Anything that requires work on the knights side is open to abuse, if you want a system without loopholes that can be exposed you need to figure out something else.
    A timer that needs to recharge after an opponents has been attacked may be an idea.
    A incremental bonus for every different opponent you defeat may work too.
    IGN: HHM Bulldog
    Level: 130+
    guild: Holy Hot Mess, proud member of the REBEL Alliance (android)
    line id: lonestarlight

Best idea:

Win bonus based on ranking. Ladder style. As you move up, a win against you means more for the opponent. Make the win bonus worth more than a guild could gain from farming a low level guild. Make wins mean something. You get more points for beating a top 10 team than a top 100 team. Make teams want to actually fight their peers. Then, you'll have more legit battles.

Add into that, an idea mentioned a long time ago... diminishing returns for farming an opponent repeatedly. Make it substantial so there is a distinct effect for farming someone. 20% each time. After defeating someone 5x, they're worth 0. Yes, this caps the potential points, but please, how else would you do it? Unless they institute a roster clear bonus/requirement... capping repeated hits on the same opponent is the easiest way to combat stripping. Or a timer. Can only attack an opponent X times in Y minutes.

But, this is one of the few times I'll agree with Sol. Its in the game. Either you convince people to simply not do it, and get enough on your side so that those who strip are few and far between and have a negligible effect on the game... or, you have to deal with it going forward. Gree isn't going to change it. It has been around and known about for so long that they'd have done something about it by now if they actually cared. It is clear they don't.

At this point, be lucky that its taken this long to get to Android, since its been around iOS for much longer.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 04-16-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar Light View Post
    ^^ this

I find funny how the same people that complain about stripping making their shiny, great epics useless are suggesting to lock 3 armors. Better be restricted and unable to use them at all then than having them available and not needing them. Great logic there.

Anything that requires work on the knights side is open to abuse, if you want a system without loopholes that can be exposed you need to figure out something else.
    A timer that needs to recharge after an opponents has been attacked may be an idea.
    See this is why I did this so we can share and pick apart the ideals we have on this to find a effective solution thanks

Take away the bonus points given from defeating HCs and above. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO_07 View Post
    Take away the bonus points given from defeating HCs and above. Fixed.
    ?? How does this fix stripping? People will still get decent points for beating anyone with 1 knight wearing a basic armor, it will just mean the GM's no longer need to strip, everybody else still can...

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar Light View Post
    ^^ this

I mean put on armors that you have to fight in for the rest of the war. If you had to pick just three armors for the entire war, then you woudnt pick a stripped down boost, was my point. (which you missed but ready to jump down my throat)

I prefer to fight with more than 3 armors, I switch between hellfire and chainmail for my 3rd choice and the new armor is good too now. So, Im not saying this is my favorite idea, but if you had to fight in three armors, like in arena, you would always pick three good ones and would not have the option to switch to a boost.

Im simpy suggesting a approach like in arena for those who can comprehend the idea. Shady has mentioned similar as a way that would cut out stripping.

People complained so Im offering some ideas.

I stayed away from the forum for the last two weeks because of the negative attacks, its tiresome. I think I will go take another breather. If people cant say ideas that will work without getting attacked, then the thread goes downhill like all the others.
    Last edited by firefly333; 04-16-2014 at 06:16 PM.

firefly the comment you answered was not aimed at you, I never saw you complaining that "stripping is not fun because you cannot use your better armors" and then turn to other threads to suggest to be restricted from using them.
    It's hypocrisy at it's finest.

And by the way in arena there is no restriction
    And guess what? Back before the new arena scoring (and pairing) system stripping was widespread in the arena too. We are talking 8-10 months ago, not yesterday. Why? Because the advantage you got from the revenge bonus rewarded stripping.
    For all the *****ing and moaning there's been about stripping everybody forgot to mention the most important aspect of it: it's mutually beneficial and the loser benefit from it as much, if not more, than the winner.
    Losing a strip battle nets more points to the loser than a regular battle, have you ever seen a sport event where the loser comes out of the game with a better record?
    If we really want to make suggestions to bring back the fun into this game they should not be about limiting what a player can do, they should be about removing the nonsense of being rewarded for losing
    IGN: HHM Bulldog
    Level: 130+
    guild: Holy Hot Mess, proud member of the REBEL Alliance (android)
    line id: lonestarlight