Low casualty rate too high!!! - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Low casualty rate too high!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    That would seem to be the logical way it works except that I went from loosing the expected 1 mill units to the most expensive suddenly. Plus the problem of not actually being able to see all the units we bring into battle. I really suspect something went haywire the other day...
    I know you know your stuff, but are you sure the other units weren't bumped out of the used units?

It is still possible to lose low casualty units when you have a mix in units used, but it should be a lot rarer (and has been in test over here, every time we've looked into it). Imagine every time you lose a unit, the game rolls a 10-sided die. If it comes up 1-8 you lose a high casualty and 9-10 you lose a low casualty. Bit more complicated than that, but that is the gist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Casualty rates have been a problem since the game game out. Some (not sure if its been fixed) have a glitch where they lose no units.
    That bug was thankfully fixed a long time ago.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    I know you know your stuff, but are you sure the other units weren't bumped out of the used units?

It is still possible to lose low casualty units when you have a mix in units used, but it should be a lot rarer (and has been in test over here, every time we've looked into it). Imagine every time you lose a unit, the game rolls a 10-sided die. If it comes up 1-8 you lose a high casualty and 9-10 you lose a low casualty. Bit more complicated than that, but that is the gist.

Good to know. To add to this, I lost 2 Strife Velociraptor back to back and not the tanks. (though I was losing tanks) I expected to lose one at some point but 2 back to back was harsh. Really expensive to replace.

Just to clarify again, those numbers I posted aren't accurate (low casualty is well less than 20% chance), those were just for illustrative purposes to explain the mechanic. Confirmed that we didn't change anything, though.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Just to clarify again, those numbers I posted aren't accurate (low casualty is well less than 20% chance), those were just for illustrative purposes to explain the mechanic. Confirmed that we didn't change anything, though.
    CJ, that is not the way it is happening on the high of the stats. Attacking 700 million Defense with 1.6 Billion Attack and losing a low casualty, high cash unit 8 raids out of 10.

Post Count

Thanks CJ54, I wondered if that was the explanation too, but looking at the losses for that day I was loosing the expected med to lower value 1 million to 1.5 million cost units. Then I see to guys hit me within an hour of eachother and I'm loosing Captain Growlers. That was right about the moment that my infirmary upgraded to L10 which was what flagged this in my mind. I will go and try and count my units and make sure that what you suggest didn't happen though.

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count

Thanks for the quick reply, just looked at my units and did a couple of test attacks, have a lot of lower stat units that should have died first.

The timing was weird, I had just levelled up my Infirmary to L10 that morning after letting it sit for ages.

Seems though that things are back to normal again... Fingers crossed...
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    I think this also has to do with the number of units sent as well. I 'had' over 1K tanks and I expect to lose them. At 20% rate of dying, there is a chance I'd lose 1 or 2 during a 11-12 attack or raid. (1000 units sent and 20% chance of death for each) Im not sure how it works or when a unit is loss. You can only lose (from what I can tell) 1 unit per attack and if thats the case, those 1000 units should eat the bullet over my 19 S.V.s right? Not saying I wont lose a S.V. because it can happen but 2 in a row is odd, in term of odds anyway.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have the same problem with losing so many of the Conflict Tanks, I think that's what they're called. It seems to me that when I raid someone who is much lower than me I'll still lose those tanks at a faster rate than any other units. I'd hate to think how fast people would lose them if they had a "high" death rate

Post Count
    Just close this thread cj54.....never ending *****ing...

if your buying destructible units...expect to lose them......

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by scheung1980 View Post
    Just close this thread cj54.....never ending *****ing...

if your buying destructible units...expect to lose them......
    nice scheung....agent orange and cj54 were clarifying the rates of loss.....not saying they didn't expect to lose ANY units.....if it says low or very low you wouldn't expect to lose them back to back.....nobody was being snarky for a change.....there are plenty of other threads where your comment would be more accurate

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickINsc View Post
    nice scheung....agent orange and cj54 were clarifying the rates of loss.....not saying they didn't expect to lose ANY units.....if it says low or very low you wouldn't expect to lose them back to back.....nobody was being snarky for a change.....there are plenty of other threads where your comment would be more accurate
    Exactly, nowhere am I saying that I should not loose units as I expect that which is why I purposely bought lower value destructible units to sacrifice.

What red flagged me was that those sacrificial units were suddenly being bypassed and the highest stat units started to drop. Now it could have been a coincidence that my Infirmary upgraded to L10 at the same time but those two events made me suspect something was going wrong with unit loss calculations.

Thanks for trying to explain what we are talking about Maverick.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Sorry if I was a bit out of line....

I am also losing growlers left right and centre....but I am not losing any of the conflicting tanks/ops drone which I have a **** load of....

Buy if your buying cash units expect to lose them....

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by scheung1980 View Post
    Sorry if I was a bit out of line....

I am also losing growlers left right and centre....but I am not losing any of the conflicting tanks/ops drone which I have a **** load of....

Buy if your buying cash units expect to lose them....
    And you don't find that a bit odd?

Something you also don't realize, units and features have over the past couple of years been added incrimentally. I started playing in Nov 2011 when the game was initially only released in Canada and back then none of the units we have today existed along with boost buildings and such.

Most of the defense buoldings were concieved at a time when having a million def and attack was considered monster, it might have actually been more like 500,000 but in any event the point is that with this last round of unit inflation almost everything else has been left behind and therefore there is a pretty good chance that some of this odd code doesn't mesh with a lot of this new stuff.

Toss in the mystery of skill points and the fact that nobody in all these years has come up with a definitive explanation of how they 'work' or don't work and you start to get a better idea of why sudden unlikely losses red flag me. Well ok with skill points I have a few theories but for the most part we don't really know exactly how they really work and this could also factor into this.

Yes it's obvious that you will loose destructible units in fact I expect ths and plan accordingly however when I start seeing such an obvious anomally then it needs to be reported. And yes your comments were totally counter productive.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have also noticed the some of the new cash units say "low" for casualty rate.....I seem to remember most of the higher value cash units under the old system would say "very low"......not sure if this means the lowest rate of loss is higher than before or not. what will happen is people will decide to buy less units if they drop like flies......just would like to know.

The new special ops drones are leaking like a tap. Time to refocus on the infirmary.