Low casualty rate too high!!! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Low casualty rate too high!!!

Consistent Contributor Veccster's Avatar
    Post Count
    If units were difficult to obtain or had a larger influence on your total stats, then I could understand your concern. But I'm guessing you have a pretty high att/def and losing 3m is not going to change much. Also, what is your IPH and how quickly can you regain that 3m loss?

I like that it keeps the game flowing. If you stop playing, your units will get chewed up and your stats drop. If you constantly collect buildings and use money to buy units, you will be fine.

Many are complaining but I think Gree made the game more fair with these changes.
    Proud Member of ENGLAND'S WAR MACHINE!

Post Count
    In the end its about balancing your army.

If you want to purchase 250+ of a single unit type then yes you are going to loose quite a few of them. That is how its always been. Keep your destructible units around 100-150 per type and you won't see them drop very often. Personally i am enjoying when you loose some of your army. It gives it more of an old school flavor to raiding and attacking people.

Yes you can increase your stats alot by adding 3000 growlers to your army but i would expect you would loose 3-5 every time you attacked or got attacked.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    The whole point of cash units is that they aren't indestructible. That's what makes the valor units and event prizes special.

Everything seems to be working as it should from where I am standing

Post Count
    The only time I lose a units is when I lose a fight or the stats are very close to similar. If I have twice the stats, I never lose a unit. Even when I'm attacked or raided and lose, I maybe lose 1 unit every 12-20 defenses. Currently my army has 1200+ captain growlers and I've probably lost 25 so far in 2000 attacks. My android is very different, but I also don't have the reduction in casualty rates my iOS has. On that I can't even see how many units I lost because the news says ... I maybe lost 2 units, or 20 I really don't know.
    Last edited by What?; 04-16-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    Llp 755-110-608 add me I need allies.

170m attack
    253m defense
    52m/hr income
    Lvl 252
    Free army 460 allies

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think the issue here is that most of us have gotten used to having a nearly or completely indestructible army at this point. Full assault is the first event that I can remember that has handed out units that are destructible. Those units are going to be taken to battle for a large percentage of people because of their relatively good stats. Like others have said, when you are bringing hundreds and hundreds of the same destructible unit to battle you're going to lose some. There used to be a time when much of your army consisted of the old crappy cash units and you lost 2, 3, or even 4 units every single attack/raid. People complained about the casualty rate back then too, but most people just dealt with it since it was part of the game.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MblaZ View Post
    If you bring your mindset closer to reality of war - have you ever even come across ANY kind of 'indestructible' unit?...

-_-
    Chuck Norris

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
    If units were difficult to obtain or had a larger influence on your total stats, then I could understand your concern. But I'm guessing you have a pretty high att/def and losing 3m is not going to change much. Also, what is your IPH and how quickly can you regain that 3m loss?

I like that it keeps the game flowing. If you stop playing, your units will get chewed up and your stats drop. If you constantly collect buildings and use money to buy units, you will be fine.

Many are complaining but I think Gree made the game more fair with these changes.
    yes it does not affect me as much bc my iph is 50.2m but i have 3100 conflict tanks and loads of other air units that i bought for the purpose of letting them die but instead they choose the 10m,12.5m and the 15.8m units..i can always buy them back faster then i lose then but they shouldnt put LOW on there they should put MED on the high end units

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhenry02 View Post
    Chuck Norris
    steven stegall him and chuck norris are the only 2 that can fight and get punched and never have a bruise or bleed lol

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhaze View Post
    steven stegall him and chuck norris are the only 2 that can fight and get punched and never have a bruise or bleed lol
    Seagull, naaa. Gene Labell yup, Norris yup.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I agree with most of the guys say its fine where its at. Mainly people are talking about the tanks they won in F-A event. Its good to see them die quick because every 1 was using their good indis.. to deploy in F-A because they were receiving x60 tanks in 1st F-A then x30 tanks in 2nd and there after. So to see people loose there Attack & Defense quick is great. Every 1 thought they could boost there stats by using what ever it took to win those tanks. Which in fact that wasnt the point of the F-A event was to get rid of the best that you use in your army. F-A was intended to get rid of 1000's of useless units under 1k or what ever your units that aren't being used is. So good luck in the future when you stats get worse then they were b4 you participated in F-A maybe you should have thought bout it b4 you got rid of indis.. then non-indis.. While im on F-A event they listened to too many whiners out there that said they didnt have time for deploying or it was too long of a event. I think it was fine on the 1st F-A at least if people that have busy lifes could still get in some games through out the weekend not every 1 can play this game 24 hours a day. I can say that what needed work in the F-A was to change the reward system. So if you didn't participate at all you shouldn't have got any i know i wasnt happy with the freeloaders and in my faction if you didn't participate when you could to do your fair share then you got booted. So i lost some decent people due too freeloading its not a team if you deploy but you don't deploy the same amount as the rest of the team. So in the end F-A is a cool event just needed to change the way you get rewarded. The better you help your team on the amount of good deploys you did the better your reward should be. If you only barely deployed and threw in the a lower amount then the rest of your team then you should get the least amount of reward.
    Anyways yes the rate the are dying is fine. Sorry about me going off subject just had to add my opinion on F-A event. lol

The casualty rate/mechanic has been the same for well over a year now. The thing is though, the game only looks at the units you bring to battle when determining casualties, so if you have only one type of destructible unit that is making it into your used units, you're going to lose some when battling.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    The casualty rate/mechanic has been the same for well over a year now. The thing is though, the game only looks at the units you bring to battle when determining casualties, so if you have only one type of destructible unit that is making it into your used units, you're going to lose some when battling.
    thx for the clairifaction CJ..that makes alot of sense never thought about it like that...no one my top 3 jets are dieing then bc the other cash units prolly arent makeing it to battle

Post Count
    Casualty rates have been a problem since the game game out. Some (not sure if its been fixed) have a glitch where they lose no units. I know its a problem on Droid. In my game, I lose units every attack/raid I make or when I'm attacked. I expect to lose units every now and then but I lose big each time. I lose the tanks I won during FA but I'm replacing them with better indestructible units (Sucks they make up 1000 units going to battle) so I dont lose as much.

The code for unit deaths need to be reworked. Rather than the person attacking losing units all the time, make it to where the defender loses units or can only lose 1 unit per attack cycle.

Post Count
    That would seem to be the logical way it works except that I went from loosing the expected 1 mill units to the most expensive suddenly. Plus the problem of not actually being able to see all the units we bring into battle. I really suspect something went haywire the other day...
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Also, I would like to see all units I bring to battle so I can judge what needs to be replaced.