Carrion Caverns - "Nightmare" Quest Glitch - Customer Support does nothing

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrion Caverns - "Nightmare" Quest Glitch - Customer Support does nothing

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Carrion Caverns - "Nightmare" Quest Glitch - Customer Support does nothing

So several months ago I started doing quests on the Carrion Caverns map. Eventually I got the Rare quest requiring me to kill "Nightmare". Now it being a Rare quest/spawn I understand it doesn't spawn regularly, so I went about killing every monster of every kind on the map multiple times to get Nightmare to spawn. After mastering the map the first time and Nightmare still not spawning, I realized something must be wrong, so I sent in a ticket. After going back and forth with them for a couple days, they closed my ticket with the usual response of "the issue is either solved or being worked on". In my case it must have been the latter since the monster still wasn't spawning.

I waited about ten days and still killed more monsters on the map in between LTQs, and at this point I've killed easily 250 monsters on the map after I got the Nightmare quest, still no spawn. So, I sent in a second ticket, asking them to just force the monster to spawn so I could move on with my quests.

Once again, I got the same token answer of it's being worked on. Granted, I realize they receive a lot of tickets (though they have no one to blame for that but themselves for not testing their code better), but their customer service is pretty lame. They're obviously closing tickets without solving the problems merely because they have such a huge back log of tickets (again due to shoddy trouble shooting).

Seriously, GREE, tighten up. The game problems are overwhelming your support staff's ability to actually fix the problems and your response is apparently to close tickets without solving the problems, angering your customers and likely causing them to open yet another ticket, compounding your problem. Do you guys really not realize this? Or is it just an issue of not caring as long as the money keeps rolling in (the likely answer, unfortunately)?

I'm not trying to troll or be a jerk, but I've been waiting for months now for a solution to what is essentially a simple fix to a simple problem. Your approach to your product rollout and customer service for fixes is a joke.

I haven't spent money on gems since this problem occurred, and won't be until it's fixed. Probably doesn't mean much, but what else can I do? Hence this post to point out your horrible approach to customer service. Sorry for the rant, but I'm beyond frustrated with the extremely lackluster and almost non-existent approach GREE has developed for customer service.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DIrishB View Post
    Seriously, GREE, tighten up. The game problems are overwhelming your support staff's ability to actually fix the problems and your response is apparently to close tickets without solving the problems
    Gree doesn't care. All the care about is keeping the events going so the money keeps coming in. They really don't care if one or two people get pissed in the process and go gem free. Its all about milking players in the top 4-5 guilds for everything they can get.

Post Count
    You already got the nightmare... you play KA

BTW I have the same problem, also over 250 kills now...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    Gree doesn't care. All the care about is keeping the events going so the money keeps coming in. They really don't care if one or two people get pissed in the process and go gem free. Its all about milking players in the top 4-5 guilds for everything they can get.
    So true. I understand companies focus on profits, and I have no problem with that. I have a problem with the fact they allow their customer support/tech team to be overwhelmed by these tickets due to poor testing of updates and horrendous problem solving approaches to those glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post
    You already got the nightmare... you play KA
    Lol.

BTW I have the same problem, also over 250 kills now...
    Glad I'm not the only one, but also sorry you're stuck experiencing this too. Over a month later and still no fix to what really should be a very simple problem to fix.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    And of course, my phone's IP address was banned from the forums the day after I posted this. Doubt that's a coincidence. Lets see if they ban my PC's IP now.

So ridiculous. And still, no fix for this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DIrishB View Post
    And of course, my phone's IP address was banned from the forums the day after I posted this. Doubt that's a coincidence. Lets see if they ban my PC's IP now.

So ridiculous. And still, no fix for this problem.
    Weird, we haven't banned an IP in about a year (it is kind of pointless, frankly, and prevents us from reporting spammers).

Also, we're still checking into this, but it may not actually be broken. There's no built-in limiter that says "after X attempts you get the monster", it is just a flat percentage chance every time a monster spawns. 250 kills isn't impossible with some terrible luck.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Weird, we haven't banned an IP in about a year (it is kind of pointless, frankly, and prevents us from reporting spammers).

Also, we're still checking into this, but it may not actually be broken. There's no built-in limiter that says "after X attempts you get the monster", it is just a flat percentage chance every time a monster spawns. 250 kills isn't impossible with some terrible luck.
    CJ, I've had that happen too, where after months of not posting on the forums ill try and log in and it will say my IP was banned. Usually after about 24 hours it's fixed itself and I can log back in, but I have no idea what causes the issue.

Might give it a go me thinks!

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Amazingly my phone's IP address is now unbanned. If that's due to you unbanning it, thank you.

However, this isn't the first time I've run into the banning problem. For some reason my phone's IP (on my new iPhone 5 and old iPhone 4) would be banned more often than not. I've never broken forum rules so it's not a disciplinary ban or anything. From what I've been told by people on the boards, it's related to GREE banning large amounts of mobile carrier IPs or something to reduce spam. Not sure if that's accurate or not.

But seriously, the percentage for Nightmare to spawn must be ridiculously low, as I've killed close to 300 on that map without a single spawn for Nightmare. I can understand trying to draw it out since it's the last map, but this is ridiculous.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I have also had this problem for several months. Like others I have killed several of the monsters over and over again, have also tried different combinations and orders but still have not had any luck with spawning the "Nightmare".

Lurker
    Post Count

Unhappy Carrion caverns bug - a last uprising quest

Quote Originally Posted by Shaianz View Post
    I have also had this problem for several months. Like others I have killed several of the monsters over and over again, have also tried different combinations and orders but still have not had any luck with spawning the "Nightmare".
    The cavern dwellers are not showing Up. I killed the serpents slaves. It doesn't indicate rare, so I'm concerned that something's not working right.

Thanks,
    Tony

Lurker
    Post Count
    I have the same problem for the last 2-3 months I'm killing 10-15 monsters on this level a day on average just to see if anything will happen but of course nothing

Post Count
    I have the same problem can't get it spawn the rare mob.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    CJ, obviously there's a problem. I'm now at almost 300 kills, and still Nightmare hasn't spawned. And I'm not the only one, as evidenced by this thread.

Also, the IP issue with the forums is annoying.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

And just what is that percentage, exactly?