Factions no longer locked 100% during WD - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Factions no longer locked 100% during WD

Post Count
    if u was not in a faction then u can join but as stated u cannot leave one faction and join another

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Is this still the current case? We had a buddy wishing to hop ship as dirty as it is yes during wd as a lack of team expectations pre wd.

I had saw this and made mention of it but didn't want to risk it. Are we still able to leave or join a faction in wd
    you can join a faction if you havenīt been in one. but you cannot hop. once you leave a faction during wd, you cannot join another team
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Tha ks much for the clarification, I read the post but was 90% sure I had heard of someone hopping, so u can join just so long as ur not in one when wd starts, thanks again

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I left came back left again came back then got locked in might have because it was the same faction??

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    whats the freeloaders name and lvl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Voice View Post
    Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

Consistent Contributor ScrewThis's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GEMH View Post
    Here's what happened: Our developers have changed the way factions function during World Domination. It is now the same as Full Assault. If you are in a faction at the start of the event, you may leave the faction, but you cannot join another faction. If you are not in a faction at the start of the event, you may join a faction. Players must be approved in order to join a faction. Apologies that this change was not communicated prior to the start of the event.
    Do you guys actually talk to each other? I was in a faction at the start of WD, left and joined another faction at their request. I lost my points and individual war points (had to start all over) but you CAN be in a faction when it starts, LEAVE and JOIN another faction.

GEMH you are just wrong here.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrewThis View Post
    Do you guys actually talk to each other? I was in a faction at the start of WD, left and joined another faction at their request. I lost my points and individual war points (had to start all over) but you CAN be in a faction when it starts, LEAVE and JOIN another faction.

ScrewThis

You are 100% correct here! I had Officers pull several players into our faction that I know belonged to other factions (as I had members who had 2nd accounts in the other faction). Basically the way I see it is that nobody over in GREE talks to each other and confirms the information fully. Until the developers gets a boot up their back sides and starts communicating the correct information, you will always see a laid back approach to communication coming forward. My view now is not to trust a dang thing that comes from GREE period. The information that they release isn't 100% accurate and also they don't notify anyone about changes unless a stink is brought up in the forums!
    Last edited by Flash0810; 05-27-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

I am an officer on my faction, after being told from this thread it wasn't possible, I still heard in game it was.

I tried myself to leave my faction and was given an error and unable to even leave.

Maybe being officer rank in a faction has some bearing on leaving and joining, just a thought cause that's all I can see as being diff in my case.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    I am an officer on my faction, after being told from this thread it wasn't possible, I still heard in game it was.

I tried myself to leave my faction and was given an error and unable to even leave.

Maybe being officer rank in a faction has some bearing on leaving and joining, just a thought cause that's all I can see as being diff in my case.
    I know for a fact that one of the players who joined my faction was an Officer in the previous faction. I'm still at a loss on this one.

Post Count
    Okay for me it worked when I left straight after a battle was finished, before the next one was declared. I was accepted into the other faction also in-between battles. I guess the trick is, you should leave and be accepted at a time when the faction is not at war and hasn't declared yet. Try that next time. It sure worked for me.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Okay for me it worked when I left straight after a battle was finished, before the next one was declared. I was accepted into the other faction also in-between battles. I guess the trick is, you should leave and be accepted at a time when the faction is not at war and hasn't declared yet. Try that next time. It sure worked for me.

Ahh yes ok this would be the case as I was trying in the midst of a battle. That would be the diff in our situations. Thanks for the clarifications and help in the matter, guess I just assumed something worked as mentioned when I got the error ,. My bad :-) Glad to know this will work tho and when to do it, may be of use later as we lost a guy who wanted to join this past wd and given the circumstance we lost out I guess.

Post Count
    Don't assume what worked this past WD will work next time. We are dealing with Gree and their sandbox, after all.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GEMH View Post
    Here's what happened: Our developers have changed the way factions function during World Domination. It is now the same as Full Assault. If you are in a faction at the start of the event, you may leave the faction, but you cannot join another faction. If you are not in a faction at the start of the event, you may join a faction. Players must be approved in order to join a faction. Apologies that this change was not communicated prior to the start of the event.
    GEMH, cal I please clarify;

1. If you are in a faction when the war starts, you can leave that faction, but you cannot then rejoin any faction during the rest of that war.
    2. If you are not in a faction when the war starts, you can join any faction in the normal manner (you request, a faction officer then admits you)

Is that correct?

Lurker
    Post Count

Locked factions

I agree. Leaders should be able to boot players between battles. This would spice things up

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by robmurphy View Post
    GEMH, cal I please clarify;

1. If you are in a faction when the war starts, you can leave that faction, but you cannot then rejoin any faction during the rest of that war.
    2. If you are not in a faction when the war starts, you can join any faction in the normal manner (you request, a faction officer then admits you)

Is that correct?
    Come on Gree. This is important, please answer.