Upgrade Cost Bonus Wrong?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Upgrade Cost Bonus Wrong?

Post Count

Upgrade Cost Bonus Wrong?

CJ, Sirius, or SnapOpera

Going over my bonuses I noticed the Upgrade Cost is possibly wrong. Per my Guild I get -23% Upgrade Cost and with finishing Day 2 of the Daily Guild Challenge I'm supposed to get an extra -6% Upgrade Cost from the Mage of Never which should total out to -29% Upgrade Cost where on my profile page I only show -27% Upgrade Cost. Am I missing something?

Post Count
    i was going through my bonuses too and it looked like something was off, but took no notice of it until you pointed this out. if my math is right (the second time around) -23-6=-29!!!!! and it says -27!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Long time since this has come up, it's a multiply thing

100*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.97*0.97

Will give you the cost percentage. So do 100-the cost percentage and you'll get your 27% reduction. Gree maths.
    Last edited by Munseyspin; 04-12-2014 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Doh, corrected school boy error as pointed out below��

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Munseyspin View Post
    Long time since this has come up, it's a multiply thing

100*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.93*0.93

Will give you the cost percentage. So do 100-the cost percentage and you'll get your 27% reduction. Gree maths.
    It should be 100*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.97*0.97 Last two are -3% not -7%

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [DW] maretzky View Post
    It should be 100*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.95*0.97*0.97 Last two are -3% not -7%
    Actually instead of *.97*.97 it's just *.94 because they go together in your bonus section.

Post Count
    The end point is, the rewards are not linear. It's a diminishing return, much like the Health Regen. It's why you only see 23% from the guild boost and not 25%, as it is not a linear progression.

Basically, here's what you should be looking at if you only have the guild bonus for cost reduction:

-23% with 0 Units
    -25% with 1 Unit
    -27% with 2 Units
    -29% with 3 Units
    -32% with 4 Units
    -34% with 5 Units
    -36% with 6 Units
    -37% with 7 Units

Some of them depends on how exactly GREE rounds, however I figure much like everything else in the game, they round in their favor.

EDIT - Not 100% certain how the Lumbermill factors into this, it may be a flat 10% on the top, or after these calculations are done. Never even thought of it before this post. Doesn't really affect the stat you see, but now I'm curious.
    Last edited by Lys; 04-12-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Post Count
    an old ticket i sent to gree... it explains it all

Dave, Dec 11 20:36 (PST):
    Hello ,

Thank you for the report. This is what is going on:

Certain types of boost, generally those that make something smaller, fewer or shorter(i.e. "fewer casualties", "shorter upgrade times", "less time till your health refills") have diminishing returns when there are multiple sources of that boost on your account or faction. What that means is, each new source of that boost that you add is slightly less effective. So for instance if you have a 5% health regen boost effect and then another 5% health regen boost is added, you would see a total boost effect of 9%.

This is intentional, because these boosts cannot logically go below zero. It's impossible to have faster-than-instant upgrade times, for instance. Or to have a casualty rate modifier so low that you actually get units back. So for these boost types, we have the diminishing returns effect stated as above. New sources of the boost will still add to your total and progress you, though. Boost effects that ADD something (more attack, more defense, etc.) theoretically have no logical upper limit, and those stack normally (5% extra attack boost + 5% extra attack boost = 10% extra attack boost).

Regards,

Dave
    GREE Support

Post Count
    in other words, you start from

100% - 23% = 23% drop
    77 - 3% = 2.31% drop
    74.69 - 3% = 2.2407% drop
    72.4493 - 3% = 2.173479% drop
    70.275821 - 3% = 2.10827463% drop
    68.16754637 - 3% = 2.0450263911% drop

Post Count
    There should be no rounding or multiplying to ADD 3+3+3+3+3+3+3=21%. They don't do that ****ty math when they need to subtract funds from my bank! They make sure that that math adds up correctly. Funny how on their end they top notch accountants keep everything lined up. But on our end they use that "fuzzy math". GREE you really should give out what you are selling, this could be bad for you. Making false claims on the products you are selling is fraud. No other way around it. Claiming 3% and giving us 1.5% is defrauding your customers. Math is math, 1+1=2 always. You can't rewrite the books to better suit yourself.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardguy View Post
    There should be no rounding or multiplying to ADD 3+3+3+3+3+3+3=21%. They don't do that ****ty math when they need to subtract funds from my bank! They make sure that that math adds up correctly. Funny how on their end they top notch accountants keep everything lined up. But on our end they use that "fuzzy math". GREE you really should give out what you are selling, this could be bad for you. Making false claims on the products you are selling is fraud. No other way around it. Claiming 3% and giving us 1.5% is defrauding your customers. Math is math, 1+1=2 always. You can't rewrite the books to better suit yourself.
    math is math, you start with 100% and subtract 23% ( 5/5 guild upgrade bonus) you are left out with 77% now the new 3% is subtracted from 77% NOT the original 100% you said it best math is math now stop making a fool of your self, oh and by the way I suck at math and even I understand this... imagine having -150% cost reduction? what they gonna give you gold for upgrading? use your brain a little

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardguy View Post
    There should be no rounding or multiplying to ADD
    Looks math is your nightmare, Amigo Gree is using it like it is everywhere - you just need to understand that. Otherwise - never go for a bank loan...