Crime City Guide for the iPhone?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crime City Guide for the iPhone?

Consistent Contributor Popeye The Sailor Man's Avatar
    Post Count

Crime City Guide for the iPhone?

Alright Guys Im thinking its about time there was a guide in production. But I wasn’t sure if there was already anyone making one.
    I've been quite on the forms waiting to gain more experience on how to play the game before i felt i could make a postive input, A little about me
    I've played a few games like this so I know a little about how they work but I'm looking for people to contribute towards a new thread which will become a guide to new and old players alike.

The areas that the guide will cover will be
    Skills
    PVP
    Equipment
    Goals – including loot
    Jobs – including loot
    Building’s (defence and Money) includeing leveling bonus and cost per defence
    And anything else you can think of,

It seems to me that there are alot of questions that don’t get answered on the forums and this is just an idea on how to solve it. If anyone is willing to help that would be great you can post here what you have I will collate it and make an overall guide when it is ready. If you would post your usernames on here as at the moement im only accepting certain people in game.
    Last edited by Popeye The Sailor Man; 09-06-2011 at 07:31 AM.
    CC Add Me 135 996 695
    Level 68
    Jobs completed:1598 Fights won:5675 Fights lost: 126
    Robberies won: 1645 Robberies lost: 5 mafia members: 264
    mafia attack:7958 mafia defence: 12209
    income per hour: 36654
    MW Add me 713 602 528
    Level 7
    Jobs completed:18 Fights won:181 Fights lost: 12
    Raids won:10 raids lost: 3 alliance members: 3
    Total attack: 49 Total defence: 110
    income per hour:30433
    CC guide
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Advanced-Guide

I haven't heard of one or seen one. If you have a question you can't get answered from the community let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

The Crime City Walkthrough will take you through becoming the toughest Mob Boss in Crime City. See how to rise through the ranks of the mafia, the tips and tricks will guide you to build your hood, do jobs and much more. The game was released for Iphone, Ipod and Ipad, but now is for facebook and google+ video games.Works great on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad! This is an ONLINE ONLY game. You must be connected to the Internet to play.

Post Count
    Im starting to write it as off tonight ( when i finish work )
    I will need help and will be posting frequently asking people for various information, i see that there has been alot of views but no so many comments maybe people dont like me...
    but anyway this wont be the final article so feedback is more then welcome
    you can message me ingame
    CC Add Me 135 996 695
    Level 68
    MW Add me 713 602 528
    Level 7
    CC guide

Lurker
    Post Count
    Hi!

This is my first post so I hope it works.

I'm still at a low level(16) in Crime City for the iPhone, but started to get interested in the economics of the game and especially the Money Buildings, so I started to work on a spreadsheet. I entered the data I could get hold of at the point I'm at in the game, but of course are missing a lot of information that could be complemented by other players, both at lower and higher levels than me.

I was especially interested in the time in hours to break even on investment for building or upgrading a building. This since I could see that some of the Buildings are quite hilarious at times and probably should be avoided, even though they may be required for certain Goals in the game. I also wondered if these Goals get out of sync with the rest of the game and does not come in a chronological order, but that is another post.

Anyway have a look at my Google Docs spreadsheet and update and change as much as you like in it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2SEN3NXc&hl=en

Also please change any errors you find in it. I know for example that the order the Buildings appear(Building number) in the game is wrong in my spreadsheet, since I can no longer see buildings that I've already built twice. Also names of Buildings on higher levels are missing since I can't see them etc, so please help with this.

Please also remember that any changes as sorting etc gets saved in the document, so before you close it, please resort it after level and Building number, then it looks nicer for the next guy opening the document.

If this document works out well, maybe we could make similar documents for Defense Buildings, Equipment and all the rest.

/ TLoord: 883 565 730

Post Count
    See this is the sort of thing I'm talking about this with defiantly be included thanks alot. People need to get involved because there are some things I dont know. I've seen somewhere that someone has a spreadsheet of items they have gained from loot... This would be helpful
    CC Add Me 135 996 695
    Level 68
    MW Add me 713 602 528
    Level 7
    CC guide

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There r ppl with lvl 100+, they need to show up and speak. I mean speaking can't hurt them at all...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    ok a couple of my ideas: buy good weapons, no matter how expensive they might seem to be, buy them. coz u can only carry certain amount of weapons. so the more good weapons u have, the better. and second, fight rivals, as much as possible, dont worry about win/lose ratio. Third, do robberies if u get stuck on winning rivals. in a word, play actively, and wisely. At last, DONT GET ADDICTED!!!! so lvl up ur stamina to 20+ and energy to 1000+ so u wont be bothering checking every few mins

Post Count
    Not really a guide more tips, the guide I'm writing is a little more expansive, and will contain things that if a new player was to start it would highlight the do's and don't

Anyways I have started and will post the first bit in a new thread titled Crime City guide workshop.
    CC Add Me 135 996 695
    Level 68
    MW Add me 713 602 528
    Level 7
    CC guide

Quote Originally Posted by isabellajack View Post
    The Crime City Walkthrough will take you through becoming the toughest Mob Boss in Crime City. See how to rise through the ranks of the mafia, the tips and tricks will guide you to build your hood, do jobs and much more. The game was released for Iphone, Ipod and Ipad, but now is for facebook and google+ video games.Works great on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad! This is an ONLINE ONLY game. You must be connected to the Internet to play.
    The game was originally on FB, then iOS, then G+. They're not linked though, so I wouldn't go into too much detail about the other platforms.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Lurker
    Post Count
    Thanks for the feedback Popeye!

I agree that this guide should not be just tips, but be based on facts. Then people should be able to choose their actions based on these facts, that's why I started to work on my spreadsheet, to gather the facts. However, I would need to reset my account(is that even possible?) to be able to fill in even the data points up to my level, since I didn't start with this until just recently. And of course I can't see much of the things to come on levels above me.

So people, please help and give 5 min of your time and put in some more data points into the document, it's really easy.

1. Just look at the list of possible buildings you see in the game and put in names of buildings that I've not been able to put in there.

2. You can also mark one of your own buildings and press upgrade to see the the cost, income and new income for the next level as well as the number of hours to update and put that data into the spreadsheet. You don't need to actually do the upgrade to find the data.

3. When you're thinking of upgrading one of your buildings go into the spreadsheet sort it after the key factors that are important for you and compare your options. That way you will know if you should upgrade the Warehouse, as you where thinking of, or any of your other buildings that gives you a better return on investment.

4. Also to plan ahead, if you can't play for a few days or just going to sleep for the night, then it might be a good time for that last upgrade you've avoided since it takes a couple of days or so. That also goes for buildings on higher levels, it can be nice to know that a building is going to take forever to build and lock up your possibilities to build Defence during that time, if needed.

The link to the spreadsheet again:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2SEN3NXc&hl=en

I used to play Kingdoms at War and their forums was very informative and the game really pushed people to join clans and help each other out with lots of info. I think Crime City is more fun and animated than KaW, but lacks that good part of KaW where players work more together. So if we start with this work at least we will have a more useful player interaction here at the forum.

So who's making the next spreadsheet for Melee, Guns, Armor, Vehicles and Loot?

Lurker
    Post Count
    I can see that a few people have started to contribute to the Money Buildings spreadsheet, thank you for that!!

I just updated the spreadsheet with an income per hour column that are calculated from the other fields, as I thought that this info may be of interest for you and that it may be relevant to sort the buildings after this value.

Also when you update the document, please try to include all non colored fields if possible, since the calculations require them all to work properly.

Anyone of the higher level players that are interested to contribute? It would be great and does not give away any of your secrets or strategies.

Also we need to focus on the rest of the game in this thread too, not just the Money Buildings, right?

Again thank you!!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Would totally be helpful to pool information around. I totally wish I could remember where dropped what lol. Dunno what lvl your at TLoord, but personally around 50-60 so far I've seen normal non gold players get like 10k hourly income which is pretty nice, but they seem to camp or job a lot sacrificing a lot of rep from the few I've noticed for good rep gear compared to some others. I dunno seems to be a give and take. I personally don't care too much gap with the gold players might as well just power missions and jobs with little time than camp too much if you ask me. Since its not like the other iphone war games where the hourly income is consistent on time to collect, so investing too much on a lot of buildings rather than a few good and well timed upgraded ones is better. Also aside from building defense with the cash I don't even buy weapons/armor anymore since like lvl 20-30s since the respect gear is better. Well it's all what I personally see things as so far anyways.
    Crime: 113 177 640

Modern War: 425 075 795

Post Count
    TLoord, this spreadsheet is a very good idea but you should create a wiki or something.
    Also a spreadsheet on the defense buildings would be great too.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Its been a while since I posted here and I wonder where Popeye went? Maybe MickeyTwoToes thread, Tired of Rolling Noobs, A Guide to Success, kind of took over from where Popeye started, but I still think there is a lot of info missing.

tosh2209: I think it would be a great idea to setup a game wiki, but I don't know how to do that and really don't have the time to learn it now either, so please if you or anyone else are interested, go ahead and contribute to the community.

JinkoNeko: I agree, having a spreadsheet with loot info would also be great. I'm not sure if I'm the right man to make it though, so please get back with feedback on what type of info would be needed in such a document.

JinkoNeko: I don't agree about the building philosophy though, 2 weeks ago I used to get beat up all the time and I had done one of the Noob mistakes of following goals and leveling up too fast. Then I sat down and thought through the problems I had with the game and started on the building spreadsheet. After 1,5 weeks of smart building I now collect 50 to 70k per day from my buildings(and it's not from the Laundromats), I've doubled(ish) my stats to A:656 D:995 and I'm at level 17. And with this income level I have no problems growing and be competitive anymore.

Spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2SEN3NXc&hl=en