Time for a new generation, good bye. - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for a new generation, good bye.

Post Count
    I'm enjoying reading the history from your perspective. Great memories in this game. I'm half tempted to explain the "spy" aspect and some of the other smaller details that were going on at the top. Not sure some of these guys realize just how much goes into building a top 3 faction. It's not just piles of gold. The good ole days sure were enjoyable. Glad to see you have kicked the habit.

-PIRATE PILLAGER
    MW ID: Ryans67
    617-935-486

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryans67 View Post
    I'm enjoying reading the history from your perspective. Great memories in this game. I'm half tempted to explain the "spy" aspect and some of the other smaller details that were going on at the top. Not sure some of these guys realize just how much goes into building a top 3 faction. It's not just piles of gold. The good ole days sure were enjoyable. Glad to see you have kicked the habit.

-PIRATE PILLAGER
    Part 8..... Ryan 67, our spy indeed but you are forgiven my friend .

..... Greenland.... We came second again..... Sigh. This was going to take much longer. We had Emperors who were not up to the task financially, we had spies and ......... we were battling pirates with level resets....... This was an uncalled for advantage although in hinsight i must conclude that we would not have won if this advantage was not there. Clearly, Superfaction was no match but the pirates were unbeatable. Damn, now what. Fortunately, strong players poored in such as Ben Dover and sreka. However, we needed more time. Meanwhile, pirates were contemplating schemes to kick us from second place with all means necessary. The next two wd events all went the same way, the pirates won easily first place and just as easily we kept our second place. I think they hated it as they felt time could change things, their certainty of winning was gone and they were not only loosing the light versus dark propaganda but also lost their bullying-grip on many players in the game and on the forum. Their time of intimidation was over especially on this forum. They had to be nice at times, create new friends and fight the dark dogma bestowed upon them. On the other hand, The Emperors grew wary of second place, the forum almost begged us to win at least for once, second place birds.... It was killing me. Then Ireland came. For Ireland we had prepared immensely, we were ready to double the WD points......... It became the most surrealistic wd event ever and was never topped anymore..........
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Part 9....... And we doubled our points indeed. We went to a staggering 85 million, had beaten the pirates in a direct confrontation and decided to push them aside during the last 6 hours of the event. We gathered on time, 42 of us and started declaring...... On a terrible sidenote, my wife was hospitalised to remove an embryo which was growing in the wrong place. That was her first very unfortunate pregnancy. During here waiting in the hospital she tapped for distraction and the Emperors supported and tapped with her, she went into surgery during the last two hours of the wd event, whilst i was waiting for her i continued tapping.... Surrealistic and heartwarming if i think of it......... We came close, so close in fact no one has ever got closer ........ But we lost...... Again. Now, for the first time, i have to admit, i felt something was wrong here. I will not elaborate on that further but safe to say that at that moment serious warning bells were there.... The Emperors had lost and i knew we would never beat them, in fact no one would, not now and not in the future. Nobody new but after Ireland although continuing the PR battle I had given up........ I started communicating with Gree......

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Now ferr, I believe some of this story is getting exaggerated beyond facts and reality. Hate mail? Threats? Fear for your safety? Not from us. Personal attacks are more the realm of what's left of your previous faction. The most we might have done, I did send you a pirate shirt, in good fun. Intimidation? Sure we were and are stronger than the rest, and if any tread on our bases, we do respond. I don't think anyone fears attacks so much these days, since there's less to lose, and they've gown used to such things. Seems like your going to rehash the same old excuses for why you wernt able to win, I'll even place a bet in that. If you did not notice in Ireland, we waited two hours before starting to battle again. We wanted to draw it close and give hope, only to draw it away at the end. We knew you would push that morning. Some did get nervous watching and doing nothing for two hours.It would never have be so close otherwise, you saw how we could stay ahead when we fought head to head. Even Ryan knows how that feels, we did that once in a battle with ace. The one time you did manage to beat us head to head, we tried the same thing, just got our timing a little off and you got it at the end, no excuses, we should not have been playing around,lol. But such is what keeps it intresting for us. Sometimes we like to give that littlest spark of hope, only to dash it again. Goes back to that dark side I guess. I'm happy to wear the cloak that others give us.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    Alas, this weekend i will destroy my base with tears in my eyes for sure.
    Yours,
    Before you destroy your base can you add me as an ally so I can just look at it? I want to see the legendary Ferr's base before it is gone forever. Or did I just read this too late.
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastert55! View Post
    Before you destroy your base can you add me as an ally so I can just look at it?
    Me too ferr, Ive heard so much about this ... 308842776

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Now ferr, I believe some of this story is getting exaggerated beyond facts and reality. Hate mail? Threats? Fear for your safety? Not from us. Personal attacks are more the realm of what's left of your previous faction. The most we might have done, I did send you a pirate shirt, in good fun. Intimidation? Sure we were and are stronger than the rest, and if any tread on our bases, we do respond. I don't think anyone fears attacks so much these days, since there's less to lose, and they've gown used to such things. Seems like your going to rehash the same old excuses for why you wernt able to win, I'll even place a bet in that. If you did not notice in Ireland, we waited two hours before starting to battle again. We wanted to draw it close and give hope, only to draw it away at the end. We knew you would push that morning. Some did get nervous watching and doing nothing for two hours.It would never have be so close otherwise, you saw how we could stay ahead when we fought head to head. Even Ryan knows how that feels, we did that once in a battle with ace. The one time you did manage to beat us head to head, we tried the same thing, just got our timing a little off and you got it at the end, no excuses, we should not have been playing around,lol. But such is what keeps it intresting for us. Sometimes we like to give that littlest spark of hope, only to dash it again. Goes back to that dark side I guess. I'm happy to wear the cloak that others give us.
    Part 10...No pointing fingers my friend and certainly not to you. There were those amongst the pirates I trusted. The light-dark dogma was a part of the game that I started. Professionals told me that, although you speed can fully grasp the relativity of a dark virtual cloak, creating this was a mistake. Apparently, not all understand there is a difference between what we radiate for fun in this game on the one hand and reality on the other. What happened was pretty nasty and it does not fit my profile to lie about that. The point is moot though and yes the pirate shirt was very much welcomed as you know. It will remind me of this all and indeed much of it is not bad at all.....

We had lost in Ireland. The Emperors were sad, to say the least. We kept our second position during the next WD events but the fun had subsided and no further attempt was made to win (and if we would have tried, we would have lost for sure). The funny thing was that the pirates, after Ireland, thought they could not risk close calls anymore hence needed to spend a lot more to create a much bigger gap than they were used to (speed, you can deny this if you like .
    We did continue for a while. Pirates merged with Superfaction. For months the pirates had screamed to all who wanted to hear that supergirl and her friends were notorious hackers and then this merger..... We entered into a period during which the cartel was formed. Factions under the influence of the pirates. A bit later the Alliance was formed. Factions under the influence of the Emperors. It did bring a temporary new vibe in our gameplay. Dog of War became our best friends. The combined information systems became superb. On this forum the battle was more fierce than on the battlefield. The upcoming demise of the pirates was proclaimed about every other hour up to the point that we had to show our true colors in a last epic battle. This last epic battle never came. Some time before it three members of the board wrote to me, in an emotional letter, that they needed to resign from the faction with pain in their hearts. I could not allow that and gave my last order to them to remain in the faction and I removed myself not to return in any top faction again. I retired in an extremely nice faction called Umbrella corp lead by the maddog family.

This ends my story. I have played this game with more passion than I anticipated. Much has been left out as I would not like to provoke Speed further . Ty all for this experience. I kind of like you all, even the trolls. Not being in this game is going to be tuff but others have done it as well . I will be around untill the next full assault where I will burn all those virtual bonus units. If you wish to join me .........
    Yours,

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks for letting me raid you a couple weeks ago when you had your allies down. Good luck in your future endeavors man!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Yes, we did make a bigger gap, no doubts about that. The cartel was never under the influence of sup, and indeed I was asked at one time to be explained why the cartel would not allow a sup faction( one they denied was even sup, though I myself had a game there) to place in the top ten. I laughed a mighty laugh at these poor folk who dared to seem themselves the masters of the pirates. I told them, quote politely for a pirate, in no uncertain terms would they hold any power over us, if they wished to keep us from top ten, then they would have to fight for it, the old fashioned way. Needless to say, the cartel was not a happy group. One even attempted to attack the member of this faction, so we brought the heavy guns to bear. The battle lasted less than an hour before they cried for a cease fire. And how many guesses do you need to figure out where this faction placed? My little dummy game , all 130k of him, did well over 5mil wd points, and I did not even begin to battle until Saturday evening, when sp1 place was well in hand. Telling a pirate what he can or can't do just puts a knowing smile on his face,lol.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastert55! View Post
    Before you destroy your base can you add me as an ally so I can just look at it? I want to see the legendary Ferr's base before it is gone forever. Or did I just read this too late.
    Forgot to add my ally code lol. 426512909
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Before you destroy your base can you add me as an ally so I can just look at it too? I want to see the legendary Ferr's base before it is gone forever. Or did I just read this too late.Allie code is 324459029

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King Fox View Post
    Work the game yourselves instead of try to leech. No one gave Ferr a free leg up into this game.
    We're working just fine pal, it just didn't hurt to ask. You're just pissed because you didn't think of it first.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Nice reading, Ferr. Like all the parts. And it looks like the old WD was Epic. Ireland sounds like crazy. LoL

But do u or anyone else remember the final score for PUN n Emperors in Brazil??? In the WD score lists I only c rank for Brazil.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I have enjoyed reading this as well. I joined about a year ago and remember all the back and forth and the threads that this rivalry spawned. All the little guys have long wanted for someone other than the pirates to have placed in #1 spot because who doesn't like the underdog. That said congrats to the pirates for keeping such a stranglehold on the top spot. I was lucky enough to have gotten a hold of Ferr's ally code and requested allies and low and behold he added me. His base was truly epic and it blew my mind to see his income and stats and to scroll through his inventory and see the myriads of units that were so much better than mine. Ferr, wish you the best in life and in the recent expansion of your family. Thanks for all the memories of this game that you made for everyone.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Steelman, final score was something a bit over 1 mil diff in Ireland.