Post Count
    Quick update, still sucks

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I actually like the new rivals list.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicalmofo View Post
    It's still ****. That is all.
    The most common cause of irritation by me is constantly seeing the same rivals in the list no matter how many times we hit the refresh button the list itself just isn't refreshing the list is simply scrambling the same BS into many randomly generated same ol same ol lists.
    Example I hit a hood to rob no probs only take it for 1mil fair enough scroll the entire list nothing in it refresh nothing again hit refresh and there it is the same list of rivals...
    I'm thinking some hoods get locked sometimes we see an influx of hoods with frosty hideouts etc then for months we never see them again I'm sure we don't have only 100-150 players within 20-30lvls of our own lvl so GREE share the love around and FFS keep our rivals coming from different lists not just the same Bs for weeks on end.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingyz View Post
    The most common cause of irritation by me is constantly seeing the same rivals in the list no matter how many times we hit the refresh button the list itself just isn't refreshing the list is simply scrambling the same BS into many randomly generated same ol same ol lists.
    Example I hit a hood to rob no probs only take it for 1mil fair enough scroll the entire list nothing in it refresh nothing again hit refresh and there it is the same list of rivals...
    I'm thinking some hoods get locked sometimes we see an influx of hoods with frosty hideouts etc then for months we never see them again I'm sure we don't have only 100-150 players within 20-30lvls of our own lvl so GREE share the love around and FFS keep our rivals coming from different lists not just the same Bs for weeks on end.
    It's the same for me... However, I find that the same **** hoods pop up time and time again and the decent ones take 30 refreshes.

Either way, it's still ****.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I too see same rivals over and over and over!!!! Same folks day in and out no matter how many times I refresh...I know game is about robbing but I've become a stalker ! Hitting same folks over and over ...not fun, quite boring really! I see lvl 190 -250 never liked new RL from start.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Remember the poll about how much the rivals list sucks? Then a couple people decided to hijack it and get the thread closed...suspect.

Anyways, yup the new rivals list still is horrible for game play.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I hate the rival list and on the verge of stopping play because of it...Crappy players consistently robbing me makes no sense.. So bc my IPH is 4.5 and i put in the time and effort to get to that point, i should be able to be robbed with people with lower stats than me?? being robbed by somebody with better stats doesn't bother me bc its a crime game.. But i am targeted by people with 1 million lower attack than me and they rob me blind.. Rob back you say? Why? they dont have anything to rob!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It's totally impossible to collect now

Post Count
    Bumpin like it's hot

Post Count
    If your feeling cold go and stand in a corner it's 90degrees there
    Another bump n grind

Post Count
    still hate the new rivals list

Post Count
    Will any of you who dislike the current rivals list entertain a conversation with people who actually like the new rivals list?

I am a relatively new player, but I did play some with the old rivals list. I am not some "crappy player" who hasn't built my hood. My IPH isn't a monster number, but it's decent for the amount of time I have played. I have consistently built and upgraded almost since day 1. I didn't always do it the smartest way, but I never let my hood sit idle as MANY others I have seen do. I also dislike it when someone with 8 buildings and an iph of $35k robs and attacks me, successfully.

The problem I had with the old list was, as a new player, once you got past level 25 or so, you had very little hope of ever robbing anyone, and very little hope of ever winning an attack. It was pretty much futile to even attempt. Due to old timer players figuring out how to camp, I would be at level 30 with att/def less than a million, and would get stomped by campers who already had 5 mil plus numbers, but were at my same level. Why would I even want to continue to play? I may as well never collect, because it will only get stolen again (unless I religiously collect instantly, and no one does that early in the game). It made it too difficult to grow past a certain point. I darn sure wasn't going to keep growing my hood just so someone else can take it (much like you guys are pissed about now).

I think I see your side of the coin too. I would be PISSED if I played this game for 2 years, built a sweet, high IPH hood, only to have my spoils taken by someone who just started 6 months ago and has an IPH that is a fraction of yours. I get that.

I wouldn't mind seeing additional tweaking that shifts the balance back a bit in favor of the views of those who hate the new rival list. But I also think that an exact reversion to the "old way" is a mistake too. Your eventually going to have very few to rob from, attack, and play with...becuase newer players simply cannot compete with someone who has camped for 6 months, but is at the same "game level" as a person who started 2 months ago. I don't see how Gree grows a customer base that way.

I suggest some sort of happy medium shift back to the "Old Way", but also takes into account the amount of time a player has spent at each level. Ex: If a player started 2 years ago, and is at level 53 with monster stats, they should not be grouped together with a newbie level 53 who started 3 months ago. Group the "camper" level 50-55 people together, and group the "new guy" level 50-55 people together in a separate group.

Just an idea.

Post Count
    Ever wonder what happens when you don't rob/attack someone in months, and your last robbery from a rival was more than a week ago?

Remember when one of the mods inferred that revamping the rivals' list was done to encourage more PvP activity, that the intent was to eliminate camping?

If I thought there was an incentive to keep robbing/attacking others, I would, but there isn't. I used to rob incessantly (almost close to 100 per day for events such as collect-10 cases, when people had a realistic and legitimate shot at completing it, not like the lottery it is now); today, I can't even be bothered to look at a single rival in my list. Why would I? Stats are pointless, I'm not going to put myself on someone else's news feed voluntarily, but most of all, it's no longer fun. Doesn't matter though because I'm no longer a paying customer, and if I had a concern, I won't bother sending it to their "support" staff (I know it will end up in their discard pile anyway).

At this point, I'm no longer mad at, or frustrated with GREE; all I have left is apathy.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I can't even do crate or boss events anymore because there's not one laundromat in the entire game I can get to in a hood that can't rob me back. The only time I even see other players hoods is when I check them with the revenge button. I've never seen an IPH more than 4% of mine, and it's usually less than 1%. What a joke. If they catch me with my pants down (which does happen, since I can hardly be asked to open the app anymore) they get 100 days worth of meticulous collecting instantly? How's that right?