Rivals List - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rivals List

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicalmofo View Post
    hmmm, I don't need to rob at all but that's so far from the point of my frustration.

No point camping as I am no longer stronger than the rivals that can see me.
    No point leveling up as I'll still see the same rivals and be around people the same strength.
    No point completing LTQ's as the prizes don't help me become stronger than my rivals.
    No point attacking because nobody seems to hold cash since the rivals list changed.
    No point in doing raid bosses as the prizes won't make me stronger than my rivals.
    No point doing epic bosses as it won't make me stronger than my rivals (And the triggering is also ****)

When you think about it, the rivals list change has made ALL stats irrelevant.
    Yeah I wasn't trying to be a turd -- I just couldn't think of better way to ask the question. I guess NONE of us really "need" to rob. I'm just a new player, trying to comprehend what its like to be a long time player with super high stats and iph. By all accounts on here, it seems you guys have been screwed. The Robbing question was based on me seeing what buildings & weapons are available for me to purchase, and how much they cost. But I guess if you are having to compete against other big dogs, then you have to do what they do, or better

Post Count
    I forgot to add: For a newer player, the way the rival list was, you either had to become a camper (for a LONG time), or just lose every rob & attack. Neither of those are much fun for a newer player. So who does Gree keep happy? The old timers that got them here, or the new business they hope to attain?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgz View Post
    So who does Gree keep happy? The old timers that got them here, or the new business they hope to attain?
    ...so they chose, none
    Muj- L193 - IPH: 12.2M
    DiENoW - L95 - IPH: 5.1M
    --

Post Count
    hmmm, I don't need to rob at all but that's so far from the point of my frustration.

No point camping as I am no longer stronger than the rivals that can see me.
    No point leveling up as I'll still see the same rivals and be around people the same strength.
    No point completing LTQ's as the prizes don't help me become stronger than my rivals.
    No point attacking because nobody seems to hold cash since the rivals list changed.
    No point in doing raid bosses as the prizes won't make me stronger than my rivals.
    No point doing epic bosses as it won't make me stronger than my rivals (And the triggering is also ****)

When you think about it, the rivals list change has made ALL stats irrelevant.
    .....which is exactly what the veteran players and the smarter, logical ones kept reiterating in the original "Rivals List" thread/poll, before it was closed by the mods. Only those that joined the game in the past few months and/or the truly clueless have no frame of reference of the game's dynamics before the rivals' list was revamped last fall. When players came to the realization that the stat hyperinflation added no discernible benefit (other than an overinflated sense of self-worth within the game), that nothing could be protected or was worth protecting, they made the only decision that made sense, and that was walking away from the game. It doesn't matter whether you had 5m or 50m in A/D, everything that people strived to build and earned was all for naught when they restructured the rivals' list. I don't expect the developers to understand because they're not necessarily game designers by trade, and if GREE's game designers proposed the idea in the first place, they're not worth a damn.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gREeALIST View Post
    .....which is exactly what the veteran players and the smarter, logical ones kept reiterating in the original "Rivals List" thread/poll, before it was closed by the mods. Only those that joined the game in the past few months and/or the truly clueless have no frame of reference of the game's dynamics before the rivals' list was revamped last fall. When players came to the realization that the stat hyperinflation added no discernible benefit (other than an overinflated sense of self-worth within the game), that nothing could be protected or was worth protecting, they made the only decision that made sense, and that was walking away from the game. It doesn't matter whether you had 5m or 50m in A/D, everything that people strived to build and earned was all for naught when they restructured the rivals' list. I don't expect the developers to understand because they're not necessarily game designers by trade, and if GREE's game designers proposed the idea in the first place, they're not worth a damn.
    I emptied one hood and stopped spending gold on the other accounts.

The only way something like this could ever be changed back is with a solid statement of intent from the players. Sadly, the big syndicates continue their infighting and therefore keep spending money on the game - If that were to stop, even for one war, the point would be made.

The game is dying because of the changes and it seems the more they make, the worse it gets.

Rivals list, epic boss summoning, constant crashes, overlapping energy events, poor LTB's, LTQ's resetting, Energy glitches, hacked gold - the list goes on and on.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC-syn View Post
    I think gree has changed something yesterday!! -
    None of my targets had even close to my iph!
    Some of them even had empty hoods.

I guess Gree saw that we liked the iph balancing - so they took it out. You know… greelogic
    Change? For me it was like that from the very beginning! I have a good iph and since the introduction of the new RL I only saw two players with a higher iph than mine, perhaps up to another five with more than half of my iph but a number of crappy three-digit iph and several zero income hoods.

BTW: I still hate the new RL with passion.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I emptied one hood and stopped spending gold on the other accounts.
    Sound like the most reasonable decision to me with the new RL still in place.

The game is dying because of the changes and it seems the more they make, the worse it gets.

Rivals list, epic boss summoning, constant crashes, overlapping energy events, poor LTB's, LTQ's resetting, Energy glitches, hacked gold - the list goes on and on.
    The strange thing is that the game isn't dead for quite some time already! We have often predicted the end of the game and had good arguments for that -- countless screw-ups by Gree, e.g. changes to a stupid game logic, buggy code, customer service, event timing, stat inflation, gold bonus program changes, ... you name it.

Ceterum censeo RL novum esse delendam.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Sound like the most reasonable decision to me with the new RL still in place.

The strange thing is that the game isn't dead for quite some time already! We have often predicted the end of the game and had good arguments for that -- countless screw-ups by Gree, e.g. changes to a stupid game logic, buggy code, customer service, event timing, stat inflation, gold bonus program changes, ... you name it.

Ceterum censeo RL novum esse delendam.
    There's a difference between it dying and being dead though - Empty hoods with "**** GREE" written in them with rubbish bags are a very common sight at all ranks. They're also becoming more common these days as more and more players decide to play other games

The gap between gold spenders and non-gold spenders is getting bigger which is another factor in my opinion - Sooner or later the people at the top will get tired of competing against the same 50 players and quit too. What happens when the money stops coming in from the 5% of players that fund the other 95%?

In most (read all) normal games, it's possible to start late and with enough skill, catch up with the leaders... Even with unlimited investment, a new player will NEVER be in the top 10% of the players such is the gap.

But I digress, this is about the rivals list which once more, is still ****.
    Last edited by cynicalmofo; 04-04-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Consistent Contributor FlyMeMoon's Avatar
    Post Count
    The rivals list is completely unusable for me coz of my IPH. Whereas in the past I could hit someone knowing they wont hit back, this isnt the case now. As someone has already stated the playing field is too level and even if you increase your stats or other people do, you're in the same situation but with other players. I can see why Gree made these changes but its swung from one extreme to the other. Everyone at my level should be viewable, its not my fault if they haven't as high stats or if they are much higher.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    After hating the rival's list for a long long time, I finally gave in and started robbing back. I figured that it doesn't matter if people follow links back to me, since I was being robbed so much that they would have to compete with the leaches to get revenge. I was able to get enough to buy the top purchasable prize from the last SLTQ. And you know what? I still hate the rivals list!

I've been playing this game for almost two years, and all the time that I spent upgrading buildings goes to benefit people who've only been playing for months. SUCKS! I'd much rather collect from my buildings that I have already invested time into rather than spend time searching for other people's unrobbed income properties to rob.

The ironic thing is that the best way to avoid leaches is to stop competing in stats and let them grow into a higher stat tier.

M@
    Started late June 2012.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I don't understand who this new Rival List benefits? As a gold spender, you strive to make your stats the best you can so no one can attack you. With the new Rivals list you can never achieve that goal. For those that play for free.....Well you're always screwed. It just makes no sense to me. I want to know who benefits from this and how.

I am making the best of it by attacking and robbing everyone just like "OneHoop" said above me. My IPH is over 12mil and I hardly see anyone with IPH over 4mil for me to rob or attack on the Rivals list. So since I have an easily identifiable name in the game, many players visit my hood to get rich quick. I haven't seen green in my events for 2 months now. Not because I'm weak but because no matter how much I spend to get stronger I will always be matched with others just as strong as me.

Has anyone checked Gree's Stocks to see if they are plummeting yet?
    (CK) Vito Tagliano
    IPH - $11,346,388

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vito Tagliano View Post
    I don't understand who this new Rival List benefits? As a gold spender, you strive to make your stats the best you can so no one can attack you. With the new Rivals list you can never achieve that goal. For those that play for free.....Well you're always screwed. It just makes no sense to me. I want to know who benefits from this and how.
    It benefits lower income players with good AD stats. Other than that, not much. I can't imagine it benefits Gree in any way either. It's just bad game planning and dynamics.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by OneHoop View Post
    The ironic thing is that the best way to avoid leaches is to stop competing in stats and let them grow into a higher stat tier.
    If only that were true. Sadly you just swap one set of parasites for another.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    It was very skillful on CJ's part to lock the previous poll (biggest poll in this forum's history) while it was on the 3rd page, without ever commenting on the subject.
    Good job CJ!

Post Count
    Actually on second thought I may like it as it saves me 1000 usd or more a cycle. I went from being almost untouchable( other moderate gold spenders could hit but no parasites) to not being able to defend anything so there has been no purpose to spend money since they put this sh it list on lmao all they do is shoot themselves in the foot